U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-15-2016, 01:22 PM
 
7,216 posts, read 2,550,374 times
Reputation: 3652

Advertisements

Maybe Ivanka can have a bake sale.

GOP Cleveland organizers beg Adelson for $6 million - POLITICO

Quote:
In a letter to the Adelsons, obtained by POLITICO, the Cleveland 2016 Host Committee revealed the names of more than two dozen prominent corporations and individuals who have reneged on a collective $8.1 million in pledged donations.
Story Continued Below

The letter represents the most public acknowledgment to date that Donald Trump has directly cost convention organizers millions of fundraising dollars.
“Over the past couple months, negative publicity around our potential nominee resulted in a considerable number of pledges backing out from their commitments,” the letter says.
It goes on to list the companies and wealthy individuals who have withdrawn their financial commitments. Among those who have canceled their donations, according to the letter, are David Koch ($1 million), FedEx ($500,000), Visa ($100,000), Pepsi ($500,000) and Coca-Cola ($1 million).
GOP Cleveland organizers beg Adelson for $6 million - POLITICO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-15-2016, 01:25 PM
 
13,209 posts, read 4,518,631 times
Reputation: 6473
Too bad they can't count on Saudi Arabia like HRC does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2016, 01:28 PM
Status: "45 is a Puppet" (set 1 day ago)
 
18,217 posts, read 11,182,789 times
Reputation: 9546
Why doesn't Trump pay for it? He's a multi-billionaire himself, he should pay for it himself since he's the one that alienated the sponsors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2016, 01:39 PM
 
27,128 posts, read 9,203,996 times
Reputation: 9454
Apparently they are supporting the Dem.'s and crooked Hillary in the binary choice. They will go anywhere they can buy influence.
That's what happens when someone runs that won't be bought and the other choice is for sale 24/7 rain or shine. Crooked Hillary is for sale. She will put together committees of those who have made a purchase and accept what they decide and the policy they craft. Then sell it to the eager fools who want to be dependent on government. "Trust me" she will say this is going to be good for you. I'm crooked Hillary and I'm from the government and I'm here to help you. "trust me"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2016, 01:42 PM
Status: "45 is a Puppet" (set 1 day ago)
 
18,217 posts, read 11,182,789 times
Reputation: 9546
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Apparently they are supporting the Dem.'s and crooked Hillary in the binary choice. They will go anywhere they can buy influence.
That's what happens when someone runs that won't be bought and the other choice is for sale 24/7 rain or shine. Crooked Hillary is for sale. She will put together committees of those who have made a purchase and accept what they decide and the policy they craft. Then sell it to the eager fools who want to be dependent on government. "Trust me" she will say this is going to be good for you. I'm crooked Hillary and I'm from the government and I'm here to help you. "trust me"
Trump should prove he believes in his message and pay the $6 million himself. Trump has the money, Trump can write the check. He's a billionaire, right? That's what he's always saying. He won't miss six million dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2016, 01:47 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,599,413 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump should prove he believes in his message and pay the $6 million himself. Trump has the money, Trump can write the check. He's a billionaire, right? That's what he's always saying. He won't miss six million dollars.
Trump paying for it, probably woud provide a conflict of interest and an ethics issue, because it could be sold as him buying the nomination..

the left, never has issues with ethics though.. they have none clearly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2016, 01:53 PM
Status: "45 is a Puppet" (set 1 day ago)
 
18,217 posts, read 11,182,789 times
Reputation: 9546
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Trump paying for it, probably woud provide a conflict of interest and an ethics issue, because it could be sold as him buying the nomination..

the left, never has issues with ethics though.. they have none clearly
He already has the nomination. This is a party. It is just a party. He can pay for it. There is no need to make excuses for a billionaire that does not need to go beg for money when he can pay for it himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2016, 01:56 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,599,413 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
He already has the nomination.
no he doesnt..

the left is never correct about anything.. its weird..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2016, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,185 posts, read 15,071,982 times
Reputation: 18249
I had read that many of the sponsors had decided not to support the convention prior to the campaign season starting. I think most like to put their money where it will buy them some favors, so that may explain some of it.

I couldn't find the article, both google and yahoo have stripped a lot of the articles that I had, you bet they did. This is our chance not to be controlled by google, Time Warner, etc. They will take our country from us in the name of profits in their pockets like the crooked Hillary.

Hopefully the money will be adequate. If the RNC was just as corrupt as the DNC, they would be set too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2016, 02:09 PM
Status: "45 is a Puppet" (set 1 day ago)
 
18,217 posts, read 11,182,789 times
Reputation: 9546
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
no he doesnt..

the left is never correct about anything.. its weird..
That's all right wingers have to make excuses for Trump not writing the check for $6 million himself?

It's weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I had read that many of the sponsors had decided not to support the convention prior to the campaign season starting. I think most like to put their money where it will buy them some favors, so that may explain some of it.

I couldn't find the article, both google and yahoo have stripped a lot of the articles that I had, you bet they did. This is our chance not to be controlled by google, Time Warner, etc. They will take our country from us in the name of profits in their pockets like the crooked Hillary.

Hopefully the money will be adequate. If the RNC was just as corrupt as the DNC, they would be set too.
No, they go hat in hand to Sheldon Adelson and beg for money instead of Donald J. Trump the billionaire paying for it himself. Ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top