Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 08:03 PM

27,539 posts, read 15,944,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post
Mike Pence as his VP pick for one.
well that explains your dribble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 12:34 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,666,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
After this most recent terror attack, I say vote Trump. Let him nuke/bomb/destroy whatever. Isn't it time to just end it? Light up the ME. Bush x 100. We colonized America. Time to colonize the ME, entirely. And keep it. None of this fight and hand it over later. Or stay out of it ENTIRELY and mind our own business. We don't do well with 1/2 and 1/2. I mean, I lean strongly toward us minding our own business, but if the terrorists are bringing it to our doorstep and our allies doorstep, well...
im with you, we need america to start unloading on people, we need to straighten some people out.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:51 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,895,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I am sick of "lets just give Muslims a hug and everything will be alright" Until Muslims (who fled to the US to get away from Isis) start agreeing that letting more immigrants in puts all of us at risk I believe that they are under suspicion for being radicalized.

Do all you people who really believe that hugs cure everything want what happened to Paris & Nice to happen in this country?
You do realize about 1% of people in American (3.3 million) are Muslim, right? The vast majority of them aren't radicals. IMO zealots of all stripes should be a cause of concern. But kicking the hornet's nest over and over in an area of the world that has been fighting each other for over 2,000 years isn't the answer. It just makes more who want to sting you.

Quote:
It's almost as if we don't have a choice. I mean, if we had a candidate who was middle road, sure.
That'd be the Gary Johnson-William Weld ticket. Both have great track records. It's the socially tolerant-fiscally conservative (lower taxes, more jobs, balanced budgets, etc.) ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You may not like Donald Trump as a person, but that's only because you hate unpolished honesty. You can't take it, which is why you want Hillary up there, lying to you every day, right in your face, and telling you everything is fine with her on the job. Trump is not up there trying to be your friend. He's trying to make America great again.
Actually I quite like his unpolished honesty, but I dislike the intolerance coming from that side and the economic policy. I also think his build a wall and deport 11 million illegals is unrealistic and is going to be expensive.

But mostly his tariffs plan, which in practice is just going to function like a big tax on you and me. It'll probably throw us into another recession too.

With Hillary it's bureaucracy as usual picking your pocket (which people are sick of) and with Trump it's big business in your bedroom (great if you happen to be big business, but not if you're someone who needs to work a 9 to 5, a woman, gay, nonreligious, or a minority).

Also I'm pretty sure Trump's logo is a thinly veiled insult that he's going to a** eff America.

Here's the logo: http://66.media.tumblr.com/c7dd43101...qxggo1_500.gif

America could use a real, bold leader, but probably not Trump. Closest we're getting this time around is the Gary Johnson-William Weld ticket. At least with them you'll get to keep your guns, taxes will be low, and you'll have a job.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:01 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,140,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Dumbycrats can live in the past if they choose. The rest of us are ascending from the stagnant present (brought to you by the Communist in Chief) and into the future. That future is bright, orange, and features a yuuuuge wall. You can either help build, or work on tearing down civilization elsewhere. We have work to do, and we know that is a word you are deathly afraid of.
This one's time-line stopped fifty years ago for sure. Accusing a government official of being a "Communist" hasn't been effective since the days of Barry Goldwater running for POTUS and the House Un-American Activities Committee harassing Vietnam War protestors with the help of J Edgar Hoover.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:10 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,140,847 times
Quote:
That'd be the Gary Johnson-William Weld ticket. Both have great track records. It's the socially tolerant-fiscally conservative (lower taxes, more jobs, balanced budgets, etc.) ticket.

America could use a real, bold leader, but probably not Trump. Closest we're getting this time around is the Gary Johnson-William Weld ticket. At least with them you'll get to keep your guns, taxes will be low, and you'll have a job.
ROFLMAO! I just love the fantasies that posters spin about the Libertarian Party ... and its candidates. Legalizing all drugs and removing all financial, environmental, consumer, and civil rights protections will definitely make the US a much safer and nicer place to live. Somalia on steroids.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:26 AM

68,271 posts, read 53,999,856 times
Quote:
After this most recent terror attack, I say vote Trump. Let him nuke/bomb/destroy whatever. Isn't it time to just end it? Light up the ME. Bush x 100. We colonized America. Time to colonize the ME, entirely. And keep it. None of this fight and hand it over later. Or stay out of it ENTIRELY and mind our own business. We don't do well with 1/2 and 1/2. I mean, I lean strongly toward us minding our own business, but if the terrorists are bringing it to our doorstep and our allies doorstep, well...

Are your bags packed and are you ready to go? Or is it time for others to colonize a post war wasteland?

Old 07-16-2016, 07:40 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,895,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
ROFLMAO! I just love the fantasies that posters spin about the Libertarian Party ... and its candidates.
Personally I wouldn't look at the party I'd look at the men in question. Both have excellent track records. They seem like old-school republicans that are socially more liberal. Weld was re-elected by the largest margin in Massachusetts' history. Johnson left NM with a $1 billion budget surplus after cutting taxes 14 times so you know he can get things done. He's a bit of a bad ass as a person as he climbed Mount Everest & all 7 Summits, did Ironman, and even built his own house.

Last edited by Port Pitt Ash; 07-16-2016 at 08:19 AM..

Old 07-16-2016, 08:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,366,615 times
Cool Making America Great Again...!

I offer this alternative.

It just has a certain "ring" to it.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:58 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,373,123 times
Quote:
How is that going to solve the problem? I'm not sure if you KNOW - but we've been bombing the ME for years now.

It's no longer the plan to have ISIS member come to the caliphate - the plan is to have them carry out terror attacks WHERE THEY ARE. Where they are is everywhere. They need only an internet connection.
Now what?

Quote:
I was talking about the Trump 50's fantasy they have going.
That is the fantasy they have going. Backed when only white men ruled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
ROFLMAO! I just love the fantasies that posters spin about the Libertarian Party ... and its candidates. Legalizing all drugs and removing all financial, environmental, consumer, and civil rights protections will definitely make the US a much safer and nicer place to live. Somalia on steroids.
Yeah; cannot get on board with that platform.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:46 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,200,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Are your bags packed and are you ready to go? Or is it time for others to colonize a post war wasteland?
My bags are not packed. I am not ready to go. Me wanting a place colonized shouldn't automatically mean that I'm the colonizer. I see it as, that's why we pay the military - they get a paycheck for going over.

And I did include the other preferred option, that the USA stays out entirely. It's the 1/2 hearted attempts both ways that seem to create trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections