Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 11:18 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times

Advertisements

Senator Angus King (I) won't vote for Donald Trump because of his experience simulating war games in the "Doomsday Plane." The Doomsday Plane is an up-armored plane for the president to use in the event of nuclear war.

In the event of nuclear war, the President has less than 30 minutes to decide what to do -- possibly without any advisors. Whatever happens is totally up to the President who must have the depth of knowledge to know what to do. King doesn't trust Trump to do the right thing. Civilization hangs on what our President does.

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 11:27 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,794 times
From your article, King states that Clinton is "steady and thoughtful" so that makes him a poor judge of character.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:32 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
It's one vote, I don't think that will have much impact on the election. Seriously, we have almost 219 million people eligible to vote and almost 150 million registered to vote.

We all know where "doomsday" would be coming from, more of the same thus our continuing support of Trump!

Old 07-15-2016, 11:34 AM

11,779 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Senator Angus King (I) won't vote for Donald Trump because of his experience simulating war games in the "Doomsday Plane." The Doomsday Plane is an up-armored plane for the president to use in the event of nuclear war.

In the event of nuclear war, the President has less than 30 minutes to decide what to do -- possibly without any advisors. Whatever happens is totally up to the President who must have the depth of knowledge to know what to do. King doesn't trust Trump to do the right thing. Civilization hangs on what our President does.

Don

Oh UB - keep trying to change our minds! I first had to find out who the heck Angus King was as I never heard of him. But just because Angus himself rode in the plane - he feels Trump isn't Presidential material - ummmm - we now have a President who drew a red line how many times ....... among other things - we have a Democratic candidate who can't remember she sent classified emails - instructed others to send classified emails - can't remember how many devices she used - thought a video caused the Benghazi horror show - and you actually think that article will stop and make us ponder our decision to support Trump - come on - ya got to do better!

Old 07-15-2016, 11:40 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:

Don
Once again we get the "trust me" from the crooked Hillary camp. That hasn't worked out to well for the American people. It did help our adversary's around the world.
Whatever zombie's think about Trump he is far superior to crooked Hillary who has demonstrated failure. All they are doing is making a statement for political purpose without foundation for their irrational thoughts.
Typical Dem. strategy of character assignation truth be dammed.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:11 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Oh UB - keep trying to change our minds! I first had to find out who the heck Angus King was as I never heard of him. But just because Angus himself rode in the plane - he feels Trump isn't Presidential material - ummmm - we now have a President who drew a red line how many times ....... among other things - we have a Democratic candidate who can't remember she sent classified emails - instructed others to send classified emails - can't remember how many devices she used - thought a video caused the Benghazi horror show - and you actually think that article will stop and make us ponder our decision to support Trump - come on - ya got to do better!
But isn't that a scary thought? Trump alone in his plane having to decide the fate of humanity? Going with his "gut" feeing? He's not the type to be thoughtful about it. If North Korea sent one nuke, Trump could destroy the world.

Trump is already having second thoughts about his VP pick.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:14 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
Quote:

Don

there's no 'right thing' what he's essentially saying is that i prefer the status quo, i prefer no bombs to be dropped and no blood to be shed. He's really saying i don't trust Trump to do what I WOULD DO which is completely different from the 'right thing'.

Moron.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:21 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
This may not be the choice the people want, but the choice is clear. Trump is unfit to be President. It is as simple as that.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:24 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
If nothing else, "Donald Trump and The Doomsday Plane" would make an exciting movie!

Old 07-15-2016, 12:25 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
I am hopeful that when Trump gets his post-nomination intelligence briefing he will realize that being President is a serious job for which he is totally unprepared and that he withdraws from the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections