Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 11:40 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times

Advertisements

I love how people are "sure" about things that they are merely speculating about.

I'm "sure" that Donald Trump has committed tax fraud. I'm "sure" that Donald Trump has raped a teenager, the way he's being sued for. I'm "sure" that Mike Pence used campaign funds as his personal piggy bank. Oh, wait, that one doesn't count because there is in fact actual proof on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 11:47 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,899,635 times
I don't like Pence, and won't be voting for them. But he didn't break the law, he acknowledged what he did, and to think the vast majority of people wouldn't have done the same thing is silly. Pence is not a good VP candidate imo. Any chance Trump had at winning moderates and independents just got slimmer. Pence is too socially conservative. The two things I liked about Trump were his business experience and he seemed socially moderate on some issues, but Pence being selected shows his true colors or he is willing to do anything to win. I think the later is true.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:05 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
washington post link = liberal attack piece

Old 07-16-2016, 12:29 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Thanks for confirming what I said - not a single shred of evidence.
We don't really need evidence. We have destroyed her by innuendo. Check out her approval numbers; I think you are the only person left in America who approves of her. Well, you and your sister.

We learned that tactic from Hillary and Harry Reid. We had never really thought about it before Hillary destroyed the women Bill had affairs with, and Reid suggested that Romney had paid no taxes in years.

Thanks, Dems!

Old 07-16-2016, 12:30 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
So what?

It was legal for Congressmen and candidates to use campaign funds for personal use until 1989. They could buy a car, travel, etc on campaign funds. They just needed to report it as other income on their tax returns.

How is that really any different from Think Tanks hiring wives of Supreme Court justices? Or lobbying firms hiring relatives of Congressmen? Or Congressmen hiring their family members to run the office or polling, etc.

Save the righteous indignation until you discover Trump is collecting donations to pay himself back the money he loaned(gifted) his campaign.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Why don't you provide a single shred of evidence of this oft-repeated claim? Oh, that's right, you can't. And it doesn't magically turn true no matter how many times you say it.
could have to do with a couple of things: one, the Clintons, if nothing else are smart and seem to escape one scandal on top of another. No, they are not all right wing conspiracies. and 2-they know the right people, in the right places.

BTW, don't always believe everything you read or better yet check to see if there is more to the story. It wasn't illegal, he didn't deny it so why is it bothering you so much? Do you think something like this is going to sway people away from voting for Trump and toward Hillary? If you do you are in for a sad awakening and remember I am not a supporter of Trump or Pence for that matter. I am just concerned about more serious issues.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:42 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
I love how people are "sure" about things that they are merely speculating about.
Well, we know for "sure" that Hillary's staff at the State Department sent, or received 30,000 emails from the Clinton Foundation, however, despite a court order to release the emails, the State Department wants to delay the release for more than two years.

I wonder why?

Sorry, but despite your best efforts to protect the Clintons, they are getting buried here by all of their dirt.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:44 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...6166&tid=ss_tw

The article goes on to note

I suspect the more we learn about Pence, there will be more of this kind of information.
Hillary. Who cares. I think you will find you will get no mileage whatsoever out of the many "scandals" you are going to try to use against Trump and Pence.

You nominate Hillary, you simply lose the ability to play that card at all.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:47 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
could have to do with a couple of things: one, the Clintons, if nothing else are smart and seem to escape one scandal on top of another. No, they are not all right wing conspiracies. and 2-they know the right people, in the right places.

BTW, don't always believe everything you read or better yet check to see if there is more to the story. It wasn't illegal, he didn't deny it so why is it bothering you so much? Do you think something like this is going to sway people away from voting for Trump and toward Hillary? If you do you are in for a sad awakening and remember I am not a supporter of Trump or Pence for that matter. I am just concerned about more serious issues.
I included the part of the story in my original post saying it wasn't illegal at the time. But I personally find it important as it's evidence of character, or lack thereof.

Do I think that it's going to change a Trump voter into a Hillary voter? No. But there are still a large number of voters who are undecided and should have complete information on ALL the candidates, not just the things they want to say about themselves. Pence was a nasty, negative campaigner who used campaign funds for personal use. That's a fact, and it's something that lost him that election. Whether it affects undecided voters now, I have no idea, but they have a right to know that information when making up their minds.

As for the Clintons "escaping" scandal - I think that is more indicative of the fact that most of the claims that have been made about Hillary are BS, which is why despite the desperation of the GOP, they can't make them stick. Repeating lies over and over doesn't make them true.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:51 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
I included the part of the story in my original post saying it wasn't illegal at the time. But I personally find it important as it's evidence of character, or lack thereof.

Do I think that it's going to change a Trump voter into a Hillary voter? No. But there are still a large number of voters who are undecided and should have complete information on ALL the candidates, not just the things they want to say about themselves. Pence was a nasty, negative campaigner who used campaign funds for personal use. That's a fact, and it's something that lost him that election. Whether it affects undecided voters now, I have no idea, but they have a right to know that information when making up their minds.

As for the Clintons "escaping" scandal - I think that is more indicative of the fact that most of the claims that have been made about Hillary are BS, which is why despite the desperation of the GOP, they can't make them stick. Repeating lies over and over doesn't make them true.
Which scandals are you talking about, Whitewater, where there were indictments drawn up for Hillary, or the one where the FBI director said she mishandled classified information, and broke laws?

Both cases Hillary was saved by the DOJ's refusal to prosecute her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections