Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 01:31 PM

25,577 posts, read 21,753,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
He hit 2 home runs in the special olympics
You just have to be a Obama/Clinton supporter and as a mother of a son with Down syndrome, I see you fall in line with Obama when he made a horse's butt out of himself, well one of the times anyway, when talking about his bowling and the "special olympics". And, of course, Hillary when she mentioned "f ing retards".
Got news for ya', the people in "special olympics" got have more going for them than either one of your candidates. Know, I would love to say more.

And, OP, you know they are "green" with envy over the Pence pick and Trump's stand in terrorism. The more they are the more you know it has put them in pain and, boy, are they these days!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 01:35 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,481,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You just have to be a Obama/Clinton supporter and as a mother of a son with Down syndrome, I see you fall in line with Obama when he made a horse's butt out of himself, well one of the times anyway, when talking about his bowling and the "special olympics". And, of course, Hillary when she mentioned "f ing retards".
Got news for ya', the people in "special olympics" got have more going for them than either one of your candidates. Know, I would love to say more.

And, OP, you know they are "green" with envy over the Pence pick and Trump's stand in terrorism. The more they are the more you know it has put them in pain and, boy, are they these days!
Why is it when a seemingly smart person gets into politics, all sense of intelligence disappears

Old 07-16-2016, 01:42 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,358,289 times
2 home runs? Those are strike outs.

You actually think declaring war is a home run? Actually, Trump said he'd declare a WORLD War. Soon we'll be seeing that in Hillary commercials, that's how bad it was.

Everyone thinks Pence as VP is a failure, even many in the GOP. Heck, even Trump tried to back out of choosing Pence. Choosing Pence is a "Hail Mary" like when the game is on the line and there is a last chance to try one long shot chance of winning because otherwise you're going to lose. As you know, most of those don't work out.

News Article:
"Trump Jumps To Conclusions Minutes After Nice Attack, Says He Would Declare A World War As President"
link:
http://thinkprogress.org/world/2016/...e-nice-france/

Last edited by sware2cod; 07-16-2016 at 01:57 PM..

Old 07-16-2016, 01:51 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,517,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Yeah, they have picked up the same bad habit's of their failed candidates Obama and crooked Hillary. They are all about tolerance as long as they don't have to demonstrate it. Just like the laws that only apply to other people.

No sane person could approve of Obama or crooked Hillary's policy on open borders and imports of terrorist among the refugees they want to place in neighborhoods all over the country. Trump and Pence will crush the Dem's with common sense and security solutions.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,148,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
2 home runs? Those are strike outs.

You actually think declaring war is a home run? Actually, Trump said he'd declare a WORLD War. Soon we'll be seeing that in Hillary commercials, that's how bad it was.

Everyone thinks Pence as VP is a failure, even many in the GOP. Heck, even Trump tried to back out of choosing Pence. Choosing Pence is a "Hail Mary" like when the game is on the line and there is a last chance to try one long shot chance of winning because otherwise you're going to lose. As you know, most of those don't work out.

News Article:
"Trump Jumps To Conclusions Minutes After Nice Attack, Says He Would Declare A World War As President"
link:
Trump Jumps To Conclusions Minutes After Nice Attack, Says He Would Declare A World War As President | ThinkProgress
Home runs? Sure they were (to the cult).

"...The debacle that has been the Trump VP selection process limped to a close today as Donald Trump made it official by tweeting that he has chosen Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana to be his running mate...The news that everybody already knew yesterday was confirmed by the candidate, not with a press release, or a statement, but with a tweet..."

"...Yet for all the bellicose proclamations, Mr. Trump and his allies would be sharply constrained — by lawmakers, foreign allies, treaties and the Constitution — in achieving these goals, and Mr. Trump is not much closer to providing specific proposals on national security than he was 13 months ago when he began running for president...Mr. Trump’s remarks after the carnage in Nice, France — such as agreeing with Bill O’Reilly of Fox News that “we are in a world war scenario†— are the latest in a startling pattern in which he has projected an image of a country willing to throw out international laws and treaties and use any means to protect Americans at home and abroad..."

https://mediamatters.org/research/20...-mocked/211612

Trump Botches VP Announcement By Tweeting His Choice Of Mike Pence

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/16/us...tion-isis.html

Old 07-16-2016, 03:14 PM

416 posts, read 258,231 times
Interesting baseball analogy here; 2 Home runs. Reminds me of Jim Hightower's line about how Bush was born on third base and woke up thinking he hit a triple. If i was on the right, i would care less about what the lefties thought, but be more concerned by those in their own party bemoaning Pence.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:26 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,105,911 times
Strike One: Congress refuses to vote on a declaration of war. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-world-war-ii/

Whether Trump meant to or not, he proposed something exceedingly rare in American politics. Congress hasn't declared war in 74 years, in fact. And it has only done so in five wars total -- the War of 1812, the Mexican-American War, the Spanish-American War, World War I and World War II.

Ain't gonna happen.

Even worse, what is he going to do when they turn him down? Will he stop going after terrorists?

Old 07-16-2016, 03:29 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,295,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump hit two home runs this week. He would ask Congress for a declaration of war to combat global terrorism. The second was the inspired selection of Indiana governor Mike Pence to join the GOP ticket. Trump-Pence is a winner for the GOP.

Trump

It was also a week where Hillary's polls were like stocks looking for a bottom. Voting for crooked Hillary is like voting for an ice sculpture. Once the vote is over the ice is melted and you are left standing in a mud puddle.

Trump started life on 3rd base but keeps telling everybody he hit a triple.

Spence wants repeal Roe vs Wade, that's like telling Catholics that can't divorse, they don't care and neither does any Republican woman who needs an abortion.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:40 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,534,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Even worse, what is he going to do when they turn him down? Will he stop going after terrorists?
France asked Obama for NATO to attack ISIS when the Bataclan happened.
He turned Hollande down. France then bombed anyway, but not with troops.

Congress or not, President Trump will smash ISIS, if they are even there.
I doubt they will be there. If Trump wins, they will break apart, scuttling
like rats.
There is no way ISIS can survive US/NATO/Russia/Syria/Iran all against them.
Same for Al-Queda or any other RIT's. The only reason ISIS and Al-Queda
exist today is Obama's complete support of them.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:01 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,517,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gordon View Post
Interesting baseball analogy here; 2 Home runs. Reminds me of Jim Hightower's line about how Bush was born on third base and woke up thinking he hit a triple. If i was on the right, i would care less about what the lefties thought, but be more concerned by those in their own party bemoaning Pence.
If I were a pinko lefty this is what I would be concerned about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnLIymZzVRA

This is a do not miss video and very entertaining too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections