Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 10:20 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,182,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Ok, slower then. Who even answers robo-call surveys?

"...A Florida Atlantic University Poll scheduled for release Wednesday found Trump is ahead by 2 points, which is so close it's effectively a tie.

A Saint Leo University Poll released Tuesday said Clinton was up by 14 points.

The two universities used different methodologies for their polls. Florida Atlantic University used an interactive voice response system, also called robocalls. Saint Leo University conducted its survey online..."

One poll shows Hillary Clinton way ahead of Trump in Florida, another shows a tie - Sun Sentinel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 10:38 AM

1,166 posts, read 750,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Here is how I think it will play out when he has to concede. His speech will be exactly like every other speech he has given for the past year...........filled with hatred, insults, and lies. He will accuse everyone from the media to the Democrats for cheating him out of being elected. No way will he ever go gracefully and with class.

He will threaten that the corrupt government should be overthrown, and suggest that his supporters take to the streets (with guns, but he won't come right out and say that, he will only HINT that they should do it) He will have his Lawyers and his "experts" looking into what can be done, and how they can form a panel to examine the poll results.

If Trump kept hanging onto that birth certificate fiasco, even after Obama PROVED he was a US citizen, then this thing will eat at him to no end. He will not let up for the next 4 years at least, and we will be forced to see his orange face on TV every night, I fear. He is now addicted to the limelight, and won't let a little thing like losing stop him from getting that high he gets from being "The Donald".

That is my prediction , let's see how close I am.

Don

I think you are pretty close. Losing the election to Obama drove Palin insane and it took years to get rid of her. Trump will be even worse. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump actively encourages his white supremacist sov cit type supporters to rise up and attack government officials, federal law enforcement officers, minorities and anyone they believe voted for Hillary.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,419,435 times
Wink Come on, Tracy...

Quote:

The posts from you and Drumpf lickspittles on Nov 9th will be so amusing.

If you bother to show up, that is.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:34 PM

29,185 posts, read 22,216,042 times
I don't think Trump's concession speech will be fiery at all. I expect it to be short and polite, if not graceful. Trump has been licked many times in his life, and he's learned not to burn his bridges behind him long ago. After all, he may need to walk across the bridge again if and when things change. He's done that many times, too.

And if the rumors Trump and Ailes want to start an alternative to Fox News after his defeat are true, he will need lots of bridges to make it happen.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:08 AM

25,719 posts, read 21,874,470 times
He wouldn't give a concession speech after 8 years, since that is the term limits for a POTUS. He can only hold the office for 8 years. Basic American Government class.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:47 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,833,893 times
Quote:
If Hillary wins, she'll get blown out in 2020, so either scenario is fine with me. The American people are tired of liberal extremists running government, and that includes Hillary and Obama.

The only reason Hillary might win is because Trump is also liberal and might be as unlikable as she is.
Not ALL American people are tired of "liberals." I am tired of people with so much hate in their hearts.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:49 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,074,552 times
He gave a fairly classy and gracious concession speech during the primaries, I seem to recall.

"I'd like to congratulate my best friends, Hillary and Bill Clinton. My dumb and useless boys are looking forward to serving in Hillary's administration."

Mick

Old 08-26-2016, 07:50 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,915,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Not ALL American people are tired of "liberals." I am tired of people with so much hate in their hearts.
I agree. Hopefully you and the other liberals can stop dividing America by race, gender, sexual identity, and ethnicity. Then, maybe the open hostility towards Christians, police, the military, gun owners, conservatives, and white people can be dialed back.

The problem with the left is that they think everyone else has a monopoly on "hate," when in fact they are the prime culprits themselves. If you want proof, just look at what happens at an American university when someone with a differing point of view is invited to give a speech or participate in a discussion.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:20 AM

1,683 posts, read 803,630 times
Like the phony "war on christmas" that faux news brainwashed the right wingers to think exists? To make the privileged race "in this country that has always had every advantage think they are (Cough-cough) "persecuted" and to pretend to be martyrs as such.

The only catch is that it doesn't fool anybody except each other in their little pretend xtian martyr echo chamber.

But nice try at fake xtian martyr thing. It used to work. Like 20 years ago.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:25 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,059,951 times
I don't think he needed too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections