Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 12:01 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,433,683 times

Advertisements

NEW: Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association drafting asking OH Gov. John Kasich to suspend open carry in Cleveland during RNC Convention.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABCPoliti...33963059535872
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 12:30 PM

599 posts, read 399,053 times
Charlotte, NC that hosted the Democratic National Convention in 2012 declared what is known as an extraordinary event where the city council banned the carrying of backpacks, certain bags and purses, guns, fireworks, paint spray among many other things though only temporary until the event ended and I have to say I'm surprised that the city of Cleveland doesn't have that power. I'm also not saying it would work though the New Black Panther Party and various Trump supporters will in fact be open carrying at this event and I can only hope it remains peaceful and they law enforcement has everything they need that their disposal.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:15 AM

4,513 posts, read 2,499,287 times
I can just see kasich, thinking "like hell, I'll ban them...heck, I may even give out free ones to the protestors. Maybe I'll get lucky, and they'll need me back on the ticket!"

Old 07-18-2016, 02:39 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,679,347 times
Kasich will have blood on his hands, this isn't over by a longshot.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:29 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,511,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
Charlotte, NC that hosted the Democratic National Convention in 2012 declared what is known as an extraordinary event where the city council banned the carrying of backpacks, certain bags and purses, guns, fireworks, paint spray among many other things though only temporary until the event ended and I have to say I'm surprised that the city of Cleveland doesn't have that power. I'm also not saying it would work though the New Black Panther Party and various Trump supporters will in fact be open carrying at this event and I can only hope it remains peaceful and they law enforcement has everything they need that their disposal.
Then why are they asking for a gun ban?

Old 07-18-2016, 05:35 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,084,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Who's blood? The instigators? Cleveland is wall to wall cops; trained and ready.
Treasury is there too. They don't play. ANY stupidity by the rioters will end badly.
Just my observation.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:06 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,782,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
NEW: Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association drafting asking OH Gov. John Kasich to suspend open carry in Cleveland during RNC Convention.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABCPoliti...33963059535872
Why? Why would they do that? I thought more guns in civilian hands made everybody safer?

Old 07-18-2016, 06:07 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,084,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Then why are they asking for a gun ban?
1. It's a distraction they don't want, knowing the troublemakers are itching for confrontation.

2. The cops will have to shoot back, and the blacks will lose badly. That will spawn yet more violence.

3. If they could suspend rights for this, then it would be easier to suspend rights next week.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,415,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
I can just see kasich, thinking "like hell, I'll ban them...heck, I may even give out free ones to the protestors. Maybe I'll get lucky, and they'll need me back on the ticket!"

That's probably what he's thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
How so? Don't more guns make us safer? Isn't that what the Republicans preach? T

Old 07-18-2016, 09:22 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,511,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
1. It's a distraction they don't want, knowing the troublemakers are itching for confrontation.

2. The cops will have to shoot back, and the blacks will lose badly. That will spawn yet more violence.

3. If they could suspend rights for this, then it would be easier to suspend rights next week.
You're looking at it one sided, you're race baiting. Trump brings out the passion of both his devotees and his enemies, he plays on emotions and that's a bad combination when there are angry armed adversaries around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections