Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 07:20 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Yeah? So why to gunners say that they should be able to carry anywhere/anytime because of the (currently) blessed 2A.

So why do ????? say.....

That is a generalization.

"gunners" like any other group of people in the world all have similarities as well as differences.

I can't speak for all "gunners", but I can speak for myself and say I do not have a problem with people making whatever rules they wish on their own private property. If I don't like their rules I can choose to go elsewhere.

Would you support that same stance?

Old 07-18-2016, 07:20 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
The owners of the forum CANNOT take away your 2nd amendment right.

They can only make their private property a "gun free zone" if they wish.
That removes no one's rights, because no one is compelled to step foot on their private property.

It isn't rocket science guys.
In our small town, there are two different credit unions. One has a sign that they don't allow guns inside. The other does allow guns inside. Generally, government buildings, certain facilities, and other, private properties, don't allow guns inside. That is NOT "taking away your 2nd amendment right". All "rights" have limits - like your 1st amendment right doesn't include things like defamation, or shouting "Fire" in a crowded theater - unless there really is a fire in the theater.

My understanding of the open carry issue at the RNC is that the guns will be all outside the facility, not inside it. And, suspending the law to "keep the peace" would be illegal, in addition to being a very, very bad precedent.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:22 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
So why do ????? say.....

That is a generalization.

"gunners" like any other group of people in the world all have similarities as well as differences.

I can't speak for all "gunners", but I can speak for myself and say I do not have a problem with people making whatever rules they wish on their own private property. If I don't like their rules I can choose to go elsewhere.

Would you support that same stance?
I didn't say "all gunners", I said "gunners". But if you want to play a semantic-quibble dodge that's fine.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I didn't say "all gunners", I said "gunners". But if you want to play a semantic-quibble dodge that's fine.
I answered your question , but you didn't answer mine. But I am the dodger?

Interesting...

Old 07-18-2016, 07:23 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Malls don't allow guns either. There are many places that guns are not allowed and it is a private owners decision.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:25 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
I answered your question , but you didn't answer mine. But I am the dodger?

Interesting...
I dismissed it because it wasn't relevant.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:27 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Seems you are priming us so you can tell us why trump lost.
As powerful as some people feel the clintons are, why would anyone at all even attempt to run against hillary? I don't understand why they didn't just seize power back when bill was president, since the rest of the world is sooooo powerless against the name of clinton. They get away with everything! It must make it hard to sleep at night, worrying about who their next victim will be...

Old 07-18-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
I dismissed it because it wasn't relevant.
Hypocrisy is always relevant. To those who are paying attention anyway.

Feel free to expound on how i was "dodging" anything unless of course that is irrelevant also.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:56 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Malls don't allow guns either. There are many places that guns are not allowed and it is a private owners decision.
And why do so many private businesses choose not to allow people to carry guns in when it's so clear---according to the gun lobby--- that more guns equals safer communities?

Are all those private businesses wrong and making their customers less safe?

Old 07-18-2016, 07:56 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
I think the OP finds it hard to believe that gun lobby's political puppets would rent a venue that doesn't allow guns. I agree.

I agree. Surely they could have found a venue more in keeping with their 'good guy with a gun' philosophy and one of their largest corporate sponsors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Why would there be a shoot out with all those law abiding gun owners packing heat inside the convention center?
Good question. The more guns we have, the safer we are, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
In our small town, there are two different credit unions. One has a sign that they don't allow guns inside. The other does allow guns inside. Generally, government buildings, certain facilities, and other, private properties, don't allow guns inside. That is NOT "taking away your 2nd amendment right". All "rights" have limits - like your 1st amendment right doesn't include things like defamation, or shouting "Fire" in a crowded theater - unless there really is a fire in the theater.

My understanding of the open carry issue at the RNC is that the guns will be all outside the facility, not inside it. And, suspending the law to "keep the peace" would be illegal, in addition to being a very, very bad precedent.
Yet, that is exactly what the city of Cleveland has asked their Governor to do. So far, Kasich has refused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections