Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 05:46 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I thought Rudy Guilliani, Chris Christie and Donald Jr. were the best speakers so far.

Thought Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell were duds. Apparently the majority of the audience thought so, too.
It was obvious they didn't want to be there . . . . all they would say was Hillary is Lucifer. Oops, I better attribute that language to Ben Carson.

They had no desire to speak on behalf of Trump - they did it because Reince and other Repubs insisted.

Mick

Old 07-20-2016, 05:47 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Scott Baio. Had me on the edge of my seat.

Don

Old 07-20-2016, 05:55 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
It was obvious they didn't want to be there . . . . all they would say was Hillary is Lucifer. Oops, I better attribute that language to Ben Carson.

They had no desire to speak on behalf of Trump - they did it because Reince and other Repubs insisted.

Mick
Their comments were laughable; two career politicians touting how much they accomplished while serving.....pretty much nothing. Trump supporters are looking for change - and Ryan and McConnell aren't
it.

Of course they don't want to support Trump. He is upsetting their little apple cart, that they were perfectly comfortable with before he came along.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:02 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
But, fundamentally Tiffany was the best .... Marla did a good job of bringing her up.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:05 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
I like Christie the best. The most uplifting is to get the crowd to chain "lock her up". To which I'm 100% in agreement.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
The Trump son and younger daughter were the only ones with even a hint of optimism in them. As a matter of fact they were very good, the son being by far the best of the convention so far, and the daughter exceeding expectations for a 22 year old. The rest have been pure negativity / pessimism, which tends to say they do not have anything inspiring to say about Trump.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:10 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Scott Baio. Had me on the edge of my seat.

Don
At least some people know who Scott Baio is . . . . I don't think he has been in anything in the last 20 years, but reruns of Happy Days are ubiquitous.

Who the hell is Antonio Sabato, Jr.? Isn't he a former underwear model and a horrible actor who has been in no decent films?

It's pathetic that the best "Hollywood stars" that Trump is able to summon (after making a huge deal about it) are Baio and Sabato.

And the headline musician is Kid Rock? Seriously? Was Vanilla Ice busy? I thought Trump was getting "the best".

What a loser.

Mick

Old 07-20-2016, 06:15 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Let us quickly review todays proceedings, which begin at 7:30 eastern time.

Today, July 20th, is the anniversary of the landing of Apollo 11 on the Moon in 1969, a night I well recall. I was at a Boy Scout camp, and the leaders brought a small TV with a generator so we could watch. I recall staring at the TV screen set up outside and then up, in wonderment, at the moon (full, as it is tonight).

Anyway, the RNC will be presenting a video on this achievement that was proposed by the Democratic president, John F. Kennedy. No doubt, some in the audience (especially those whom Donald love best) will deny the landing took place. The video will be followed by a retired woman space shuttle astronaut.

Among the speakers will be oil billionaire Harold Hamm, who has stated, and no doubt will say tonight, that the stock market is performing well only due to the public's belief that Donald John Trump will be the next President of the United States. According to this story by the Washington Post, Mr. Hamm and Mr. Trump are friends, with Mr. Hamm being 'won over' to Mr. Trump when Trump gifted Mr. Hamm with Trump brand neckties.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-the-markets/

Mr. Hamm may be worth 12 billion dollars, but a gift of a tie will create a bond that lasts forever. At least, so was my theory towards my father for many a Father's Day.

Scott Walker, the Governor of Wisconsin, will speak. Mr. Trump had previously been critical of Governor Walker (when he was in the race, briefly though it was), but they have patched things up, seemingly.

I heard this morning that Little Marco Rubio will indeed appear in person and speak. On the schedule he is listed as appearing via video, but I think he will appear in person. A footstool will be provided for him, no doubt.

The Republicans will be seeking the Canadian vote by having native son Rafael Edward Cruz speak. I had thought that Senator Cruz had sworn to never endorse Trump after Trump's ungentlemanly remarks about the senator's wife, but it seems I was mistaken. I had based my opinion upon such articles as this:

Cruz unloads with epic takedown of 'pathological liar,' 'narcissist' Donald Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Eric Trump will speak. I look forward to him, since Donald Jr. was excellent indeed. I had not know that young Eric had his own foundation (Eric Trump Foundation), but Lynne Patton, the vice-president of the foundation as well as Eric's assistant, will deliver some remarks.

Newt and his current wife will address the convention. They will be followed by the headline act, Governor Mike Pence.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:32 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
We got donations requests, and with limited spots, donors of $35.00 or more will get their names on the jumbotron. Being proud supporters of Trump, we each donated from our requests! If we get our names up, that would be fun but if not, that's OK also.

I thought most of the speakers were great last night. Some much stronger than others. I always like listening to Ben Carson. I was extremely impressed with Kimberlin Brown and was so sorry to hear that she was being attacked on social media by the Hillary bots, and I am sure that was an attempt to shut her up. As a woman, she is a woman that I am very proud of since she stood her ground against the Hillary machine!

Old 07-20-2016, 06:33 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Let us quickly review todays proceedings, which begin at 7:30 eastern time.

Today, July 20th, is the anniversary of the landing of Apollo 11 on the Moon in 1969, a night I well recall. I was at a Boy Scout camp, and the leaders brought a small TV with a generator so we could watch. I recall staring at the TV screen set up outside and then up, in wonderment, at the moon (full, as it is tonight).

Anyway, the RNC will be presenting a video on this achievement that was proposed by the Democratic president, John F. Kennedy. No doubt, some in the audience (especially those whom Donald love best) will deny the landing took place. The video will be followed by a retired woman space shuttle astronaut.

Among the speakers will be oil billionaire Harold Hamm, who has stated, and no doubt will say tonight, that the stock market is performing well only due to the public's belief that Donald John Trump will be the next President of the United States. According to this story by the Washington Post, Mr. Hamm and Mr. Trump are friends, with Mr. Hamm being 'won over' to Mr. Trump when Trump gifted Mr. Hamm with Trump brand neckties.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-the-markets/

Mr. Hamm may be worth 12 billion dollars, but a gift of a tie will create a bond that lasts forever. At least, so was my theory towards my father for many a Father's Day.

Scott Walker, the Governor of Wisconsin, will speak. Mr. Trump had previously been critical of Governor Walker (when he was in the race, briefly though it was), but they have patched things up, seemingly.

I heard this morning that Little Marco Rubio will indeed appear in person and speak. On the schedule he is listed as appearing via video, but I think he will appear in person. A footstool will be provided for him, no doubt.

The Republicans will be seeking the Canadian vote by having native son Rafael Edward Cruz speak. I had thought that Senator Cruz had sworn to never endorse Trump after Trump's ungentlemanly remarks about the senator's wife, but it seems I was mistaken. I had based my opinion upon such articles as this:

Cruz unloads with epic takedown of 'pathological liar,' 'narcissist' Donald Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Eric Trump will speak. I look forward to him, since Donald Jr. was excellent indeed. I had not know that young Eric had his own foundation (Eric Trump Foundation), but Lynne Patton, the vice-president of the foundation as well as Eric's assistant, will deliver some remarks.

Newt and his current wife will address the convention. They will be followed by the headline act, Governor Mike Pence.
I am looking forward to tonight. Should be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections