Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 09:28 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Why should Hillary say anything about it?
Good question. She should keep her lying mouth shut. We don't need to hear another word out of that anti-American, globalist, world citizen, gas bag.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:29 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
LOL. First a D-List has-been actor, and now a D-List, washed up old soap opera actress? These are the people who we are supposed to give credence to when it comes to the future of our country...why, exactly?

Hillary will give this nobody exactly the attention she deserves. Which is none at all.
Hillary Clinton believes American business owners are "nobodies" who deserve no attention at all? I love it when liberals are honest, it should happen more often.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:47 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Hillary Clinton believes American business owners are "nobodies" who deserve no attention at all? I love it when liberals are honest, it should happen more often.
Really? link?

Old 07-21-2016, 09:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Talking Kimberlin Brown, actress, business woman and liberals will not be able to play woman card against her powerful speech

Who?

Isn't she a washed-up soap opera actress?

Kimberlin Ann Brown (born June 29, 1961) is an American actress, best known for her role as Sheila Carter in The Young and the Restless (May 1990 to May 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, August 2005 to January 2006) and The Bold and the Beautiful (May 1992 to October 2, 1998, April 2002 to November 2002, September 29, 2003 to October 10, 2003).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberlin_Brown

Very appropriate for her to speak at this year's Pub convention.

A real ninety caliber, for sure.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:58 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Really? link?
See the posts above where a poster said
Quote:
'Hillary will give this nobody exactly the attention she deserves. Which is none at all."

Old 07-21-2016, 10:20 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_J View Post
Revenge is certainly not Christian. Forgiveness is Christian.

Besides "Christian. Conservative. Republican. In that order" is a line from Pence, not Cruz.
Well, Senor Cruz did say something like that:

"It is exactly right that in terms of who I am, I am a Christian first," said Cruz. "I am an American second. I'm a conservative third. And I'm a Republican fourth. And I'll tell ya, there are a lot of Americans who feel the same way."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-behind-trump/

Anyway, back to the topic, which is the convention.

I wonder if Mr. Trump will 'stick to the speech' that he has prepared, or if he will 'wing it'? I imagine his family and advisors are a little worried about what he will do. I know I shall be watching.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:40 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
LOL. First a D-List has-been actor, and now a D-List, washed up old soap opera actress? These are the people who we are supposed to give credence to when it comes to the future of our country...why, exactly?
I wonder how many of these "celebrities" that have spoken at this convention are hoping for an invite to be on "Dancing With The Stars"?

Seriously. None of them are hot currently. Many of them have been out of the spotlight for 20+ years. They are the very definition of "Who?"

Old 07-21-2016, 10:42 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
See the posts above where a poster said
Not a link. A quote of an opinion.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:52 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,271,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Well it is obvious that most libs posting here are not very good at reading.

Yes she is an actress, but she is also a business person. She has an avocado farm, and she has only done a handful of small roles in the last 10 years.

She has direct knowledge of the challenges placed on small business owners under this administration and especially in her home state of California, where many Avocado farms have folded. She spoke on these issues, and was very good.

I know to the mentally challenged it might SEEM the same as a snarky remark from some Hollywood elite about this or that candidate, but in REALITY, there is nothing remotely close to the two scenarios.
Didn't the avocado farms close due to the drought?

Old 07-21-2016, 11:36 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
From what I can find on her.

Yes she is an avocado farm owner. She said imported avocadas is what is hurting the California growers. Yes to some extent but the drought is the biggest issue. Also, the California Avocado Association (which I assume she is a member) are pressing for more migrant workers from Mexico and central American be let in to pick the crops. Cheaper labor and cheaper water are want they really want. And in regards to the drought according to Donald Trump (he gets this from conspiracy theorist Alex Jones) that there is no drought. That Cali is dumping fresh water in the ocean to save a fish and if they stopped there would be plenty of water.

She also said Obama is hurting Hollywood. She said she should have listened to her union brothers in back stage (camera men, sounds guys etc..) who warned her about Obama. Now I guess she is saying the GOP is for unions. Whatever. However, this union had already endorsed Hillary.

Back to the Alex Jones connection. Another speaker was the rambling Michelle Van Etten. Her RNC bio suggested she ran a multi-million dollar international marketing firm that employees a 100,000. Actually Michelle employs no one. The company is Youngevity. A multi-level marketing company (some people call pyramid scheme) that is run like and amway or mary kay. The main product is dietary supplements that claim to improve your health (some would say snake oil). Who is one of their biggest pitchmen? Alex Jones of course. They also do so other products such as jewelry which I guess allows Michelle to say she has a fashion design studio.

Michelle also said the family lives off her earnings. That her husband retired from 28 years from the DOD. So he was pulling a check from big government and no doubt has a pension for the same. Small business owner is not appropriate since that implies you create jobs. Sole proprietor or independent would make more sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections