Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 11:40 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,200,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
I won't present a litany of speakers ,but they were truely breathtaking. The media coverage CNN , Fox ABC and MSMBC were all top notch. The facility and message board was really cool. Cleveland should be proud. The Democrates I 'm sure will have a great convention also. I love this stuff and learned far more about Trump and Pence ( the dream team!) . Trump's family is simply storybook and just when about ready too bougeois label them they came through as smart, giving supportive so much for proile nonesense .....too much of that eh? Anyway, I'm not a political expert , but Hillary has her work cut out for her and her pinions. Although I'm a Republican if theJustice department decides not to prosecute we need to shut the hell up on that E-mail issue. The LAW prevails!!!
Since there's another recent thread about how "breathtaking" Trump's speech was, I'm going to have to guess that many Trumplets need to start exercising a whole lot more so that they don't come up short of breath whenever the Buffoonanator puts together a coherent sentence ... unless, of course, their tin-foil hats are picking up signals from Trump Campaign Central instructing them to tell the world about Trump's "truly breathtaking" speech.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:41 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
The convention was a lot better than I expected.

There will certainly be a stark contrast between the GOP convention and the divisive, hateful spectacle the Democrats are unveiling next week. A week of attacking law enforcement, the military, Christians and white people isn't going to end well for the unindicted criminal the Democrats want to elect to maintain the status quo.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:42 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Democrats are quaking in their boots today, knowing that after last night, crooked hillary is finished.
Trump is going to save America from the crooked left before they get the chance to completely destroy this county.
Felony Clinton supporters are supporting graft and corruption and the end of America. You must feel proud...
Dems are having a party today. Trump speech was not a total trainwreck but still played only to the base of people who think life is terrible and people with dark skins are out to kill you. That's not reality for the majority of Americans and Trump just showed them exactly zero reason to vote for him.

ETA: Trumpie waited for today to have the trainwreck. Because oh sure, this stuff needed to be rehashed.

Quote:
rump defended himself today in circulating the tabloid story about Cruz’s father.

“All I did is point out the fact that on the cover of the National Enquirer there was a picture of [Rafael Cruz] and crazy Lee Harvey Oswald having breakfast,” Trump said of the unsubstantiated allegations, adding that Cruz’s father is a “lovely guy.”

On Heidi, Trump insisted, "I didn't do anything."
Donald Trump 'Will Not Accept' If Ted Cruz Endorses Him - ABC News

Old 07-22-2016, 11:46 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
I won't present a litany of speakers ,but they were truely breathtaking. The media coverage CNN , Fox ABC and MSMBC were all top notch. The facility and message board was really cool. Cleveland should be proud. The Democrates I 'm sure will have a great convention also. I love this stuff and learned far more about Trump and Pence ( the dream team!) . Trump's family is simply storybook and just when about ready too bougeois label them they came through as smart, giving supportive so much for proile nonesense .....too much of that eh? Anyway, I'm not a political expert , but Hillary has her work cut out for her and her pinions. Although I'm a Republican if theJustice department decides not to prosecute we need to shut the hell up on that E-mail issue. The LAW prevails!!!
I disagree about the media coverage. You don't know what you missed. Whoever it was at Fox News who decided O'Reilly and Kelly would do their regular shows and treat us like babies by only showing us clips of speeches they deemed important, cheated you.

C-SPAN was the way to go. Then surf back to FNC or CNN or MSNBC during the music and then after the whole night was over to Sean Hannity or CNN or MSNBC.

Go look for Laura Ingraham's speech. Who knew? She made a good one. Fox News, CNN and MSNBC decided not to show it. If you missed Pastor Mark Burns' speech you were cheated. After he spoke, I was thinking if he was my pastor maybe I'd go to church. If you missed Sheriff Clark's speech, you were cheated. If you missed Sean Smith's mother (Benghazi) or Marcus Luttrell's speech you were cheated.

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
There will certainly be a stark contrast between the GOP convention and the divisive, hateful spectacle the Democrats are unveiling next week.
Trump is the most divisive presidential nominee in our history.

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
In other words, you thought it was amazing also. Thanks for your support..
Not a supporter but I will admit that this convention was one for the history books and will be used as an example for decades to come on how not to run a convention.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:15 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

C-SPAN was the way to go.
Absolutely. The cables spent too much time trying to create a narrative, cutting off some of the more interesting speakers, and making sure their talking heads all try to explain to us what we'd just seen. C-SPAN was much more interesting.

The morning shows on CNN and MSNBC had me wondering if they'd seen the same covention I had...they were determined to paint the RNC in the worst possible light.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:18 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
It truly was awesome. To see the party united and ready to move forward. A lot of sincerity about getting the job done. All the poo-pooing by the Dems about the speakers sure didn't play out. The diversity of the speakers, from all walks of life, was a great touch. Yep, "Together We Can Make America Great For Everyone".

Old 07-22-2016, 12:18 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I liked that Melania plagiarized Michelle Obama's speech. Even better - the Trump campaign denied it for 2 days until they were forced to admit it.
Be fair. She had a brief moment where the speeches were the same, baring in mind she definitely did not write that speech herself. He speech writer either intentionally plagiarized or messed up big time. Plagiarizing is wrong, but let's not blow what that sort of crime is out of proportion. If I had to guess, the speech writer was doing research on other speeches and has accidentally taken an entire quote and put it in the speech. Or did it on purpose for some reason, like creating controversy (which in this election is apparently the greatest asset you can have).

Old 07-22-2016, 12:23 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Be fair. She had a brief moment where the speeches were the same, baring in mind she definitely did not write that speech herself. He speech writer either intentionally plagiarized or messed up big time. Plagiarizing is wrong, but let's not blow what that sort of crime is out of proportion. If I had to guess, the speech writer was doing research on other speeches and has accidentally taken an entire quote and put it in the speech. Or did it on purpose for some reason, like creating controversy (which in this election is apparently the greatest asset you can have).

why guess? the speechwriter finally came out and admitted what happened

* tho you can run with conspiracy theories that (1) it was done on purpose (2) the speechwriter doesn't actually exist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections