Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 04:37 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
I guess one or two people see it that way.
BTW, If there was a barf smiley I would use it.
It is comments like this that make Melania copying Michelle Obama all the more rich. People that have attacked Michelle Obama for eight years, then rave about Melania's speech while she was using the words of...Michelle Obama.

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Quick Internet search of these quotes:

“Work hard for what you want in life” – 23,000,000 results

“Your word is your bond” – 901,000,000 results

“Treat people with respect” – 9,110,000 results

I've said the same phrases for years - perhaps Michelle Obama & Melania Trump plagiarized ME.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
This is what I was talking about. Thank you Kibby. These people are like rabid dogs going for a bone. And they say I don't know what I am talking about when I heard the whole speech and cannot imagine Michelle Obama saying the same thing. My husband said if she said the same thing, evidently Obama doesn't agree with her. He said we didn't build that.
Funny.

I give you both credit for completely ignoring the context within which the phrases were used as well as their order in each paragraph, which, as has been clearly shown, was EXACTLY the same.

Too many posters have provided the exact quotes for me to waste time doing so again.

The only explanation for this sort of cognitive dissonance is willful ignorance.

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
For the life of me I don't understand why she dyed her hair blond, she looks fine as a brunette.

I think it was a bad idea to have her speak at the convention.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:38 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trysometh View Post
YIKES!

I knew they were coming, but I didn't think it would be this soon...

Old 07-19-2016, 04:38 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,688 times
Quote:
I don't think that, but what I do think is that an awful lot of people may laugh at Trump, but right now they are feeling a bit sorry for Melania.

And, as far as we know, with Trump being a master of media manipulation, this was part of a master plan and Melania was in on it.
Oh yeah, poor, filthy rich model with her victim wealthy off the backs of taxpayers husband. I'm sure the right will protect them.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
AGreed! I mean, Donald stole "Make America Great Again" from the Reagan Campaign, you would think his "crack" campaign team could at least have ripped off Nancy Reagan or even Laura Bush!
I agree. Then it would have been easier to explain the copy as 'reverent repetition' of a repub icon, no harm, no foul, but noooooo, they have to double down on the lie. SMH

Old 07-19-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Maybe start by not stealing the WORDS of said "lying democrats"

Have a seat. The Trumps are LOSERS
Amen!

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
YIKES!

I knew they were coming, but I didn't think it would be this soon...
And that is why Trump married her. She would have been better off being exactly what everyone thinks of her. One can only wonder what role Trump has in mind for her in his administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melania's Ghost Rider View Post
According to insiders Trump is furious.

This was the work of a traitor, a deliberate act. Trump has been humiliated on national TV. They chose Michelle Obama's speech because they knew this would hurt Trump the most.

This will go in history as one of the most embarrassing moments on presidential conventions.
I do not feel sorry for them. Trump has been the sleaziest of sleazes when it comes to President Obama and if he can't avoid using Michelle Obama's speeches because google is so hard, that is completely on him. I would hope the rest of his kids run their "original speeches" through a plagiarism tool though.

4,828 posts, read 7,453,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It is comments like this that make Melania copying Michelle Obama all the more rich. People that have attacked Michelle Obama for eight years, then rave about Melania's speech while she was using the words of...Michelle Obama.
So Melania used some words that were similar to words used by Michelle in 2008.
And now your acting like Melania copied the whole speech word for word.

Tell me how many politicians have used the words of others during their speeches?
It's already been brought up in this thread.
Empty statement, yours is.

This is such a small thing politics wise.
It's like you anti-Trumpers would throw out 10 pounds of rice because you found a small pebble in the bag.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:45 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
I guess one or two people see it that way.
BTW, If there was a barf smiley I would use it.

Also, she became a permanent resident of the United States in 2001 and a citizen in 2006.

She is also a true AMERICAN beauty.
Why do you care so intensely? Michelle Obama is a beautiful, stylish, classy, well-educated, American-born First Lady. The fashion world LOVES Michelle Obama. She has been on the cover of Vogue twice.

You people are so transparent with your real issue with having Michelle Obama as the First Lady. Have a seat, sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections