Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 11:59 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Unless you hear it side by side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iGkLET2r8A

And you know, if Michelle Obama said it they would insult her while Melania claims to have written it herself. Will Melania be announcing she wants to grow a vegetable garden?
I still think it's just generic talk that I've heard all my life. Seriously, I have heard that same speech from my parents, from teachers. It's nothing new. And I don't recall people being mean about Michelle Obama back then either. I do recall people being mean about her since then though. I also recall people being mean about Barbara Bush, Laura Bush, Hillary Clinton, and Nancy Reagan. Didn't pay much attention to earlier times, but the WWII generation was more classy about First Ladies.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:00 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So you don't care about the content. Why don't you just elect a centerfold and give them the nuclear codes? If Michelle Obama had repeated Melania's words and claimed them as her own, Trump and the GOP would be BALLISTIC. What's more, he insults President Obama for eight years, then his wife uses Michelle Obama's words? Unforgivable.
By the way, what exactly was "Stolen"? can you give some specific examples?

Old 07-19-2016, 12:00 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Really trying to sweep something like this under the rug your guy is showing his true colors again when a min of 10million people were watch more fire power for Clinton
Huh? Was this post meant for me?

Old 07-19-2016, 12:01 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,502 times
So I have tried really hard to be politically correct and to not make sexist remarks.

But, I think it is now PC to officially call Melania Trump a bimbo.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:02 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
By the way, what exactly was "Stolen"? can you give some specific examples?
Seriously, you can't figure out what was stolen? Did you not read the two scripts and see the words that were lifted? This might be your weakest Trump excuse ever. Congratulations.

4,713 posts, read 3,468,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
melania was claiming credit for writing the speech.
And we KNOW she is a liar because her English language skills are far below those evidenced in the speech. Mind you this is based on her oral language abilities. Her written language abilities will naturally be much lower. Inexcusable. Disgusting. Dishonest. Ignorant. Plagiarism!

1,268 posts, read 797,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
OK, I am NOT a Trump supporter, so please do not categorize me that way. In addition, I've done extensive research on both candidates and I most certainly wouldn't categorize myself as a Clinton supporter either. In other words, I'm not one of the herd. Are you?
Your first instinct was a conspiracy. I'm a rationale person. I also try not to classify people. I simply responded to what you wrote.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:03 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,468,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Not exactly. She said that she wrote it with "as little help as possible."

Moving on, while this isn't good, let's not blow things out of proportion. At the end of the day, this was a few lines (and only one line verbatim judging from the side by side play by CNN just now) out of a pretty lengthy speech. Again, not defensible, but let's not behave as if the entire speech was lifted . . . only a few lines bear any resemblance.
It's still plagiarism.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:04 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,028,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Martin Luther King also committed plagiarism. While working on his dissertation for his doctoral degree at Boston University, he heavily plagiarized from another author who had done research on a subject similar to King's. As academic committee later found that over half of King's work was plagiarized, yet would not revoke his doctrine. King was dead by this time, and the committee ruled that revoking the title would serve no purpose. It was also discovered that King's famous I HAVE A DREAM speech was also not his own. He stole it from a sermon by Archibald Carey, a popular black preacher in the 1950's.

but don't tell that to the MLK lovers......they don't talk about the famous "I have a dream speech"

LOL
You do know that YOU just plagiarized by not citing your source for what you just said. You did not put quotation marks nor cite your source and just copied-and-pasted that paragraph implicitly using it as your own words.

That is from the book "I Fail to Miss Your Point" by Jim O'bryon.

Chapter: Being Politically Correct, page 244 (item #2)

Click here for a Google synopsis

"I Fail to Miss Your Point" by Jim O'bryon

Old 07-19-2016, 12:05 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Aww, name calling, you are a bag full of excuses tonight. Oh and what you are doing is called deflecting..

So was it wrong for Melania to steal her speech from Michelle? Yes or no, I don't need any of your excuses....though I do promise to laugh at all the ridiculous excuses that I will probably get instead.

the speech writer should be fired if that's the case. (my opinion)

tell me what should we do with MLK? should we take that part of our history books and give credit to the proper person in schools? YES or NO?

Should we change the words of "I have a DREAM" from his Memorial?

be consistent....you can't give MLK a pass and go after Melania.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections