Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 11:59 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It was 7 percent of her speech. Ninety three percent of her speech was nothing like Michele's and seems to be totally original.

I'm not saying it isn't a case of possible plagiarism - of the most inconsequential sort. What I'm saying is that the phrases are so common, and the ideas are so universal, that it's not very important.

In case you missed it - I also said that whatever speech writer oversaw and proofed her speech should be disciplined - probably fired. But it's just not that big a deal to me. It's a fluff speech - either version of it.
She only stole/lied a "little" bit.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:59 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,572 times
Carry on! Mrs Trump eludes more class and elegance that Mrs Obama . She speaks five different laungages in which Shillary speaks just one bullchit . Say whatever back to business tomorrow , the media is as usual stirring trouble . There are bigger issues in this country Trump is not going to be affected at all .

Old 07-19-2016, 12:00 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Biden was caught for plagiarism and so was Robert Kennedy...liberals get your facts straight and if it didn't matter to you back than you should keep your mouth shut as we are done with PC and media biased and given a free pass to liberals.

That won't work any longer.

Kennedy daughter confirms plagiarism complaint vs Sotto | News | GMA News Online

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Bi...campaign,_1988
Yeah, yeah, yeah...But TODAY, it is Melania's turn!

Old 07-19-2016, 12:01 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i've seen reports that melania worked on this speech "for weeks" so .... i'll be curious to see if the campaign switches position and blames the speech writer ( ..... or just ignore and deflect when called on it ).

Melania Trump Basically Copies a 2008 Michelle Obama Speech at the RNC | E! News
It's all over the social media.

On Facebook that is what everyone is talking about.

No one is much talking about 'Duck Dynasty' Robertson's folksy yet stupid speech.

All day today everyone I speak to is talking about Melania's plagiarized speech.

Milli Vanilli all over again!

Old 07-19-2016, 12:02 PM

11,775 posts, read 5,789,903 times
What difference does it make? Trump haters are going to hate and Trump supporters are going to support him - nothing is going to change be that as it may - I see the true characters and lack of maturity of many of the anti-Trump supporters. Hopefully, none of you re in a position of leadership or teach our children.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
and what is a degree worth these days?? 99.9% of the global population couldn't stand up before millions and give a speech.

i heard Hillary was caught in bed with another woman at the White House. let's talk about that.

I heard it was Melania.

(Trump was in the closet watching.)

Old 07-19-2016, 12:04 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
This deserves an FBI and IRS investigation.

Bet the AG will prosecute this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Melania's speech does appear to include three or four sentences that are very similar to Michelle's speech. I'm sure Mrs. Trump read Michelle's speech to prepare for hers, along with other speeches given by first ladies at former RNCs. I doubt Melania copied Michelle Obama on purpose. Nor did these three or four sentences come close to being all of Melania's 10 minute speech as some have claimed. Such hyperbole from disingenuous people, but not surprising.

Melania gave a great speech with grace and poise. She was very impressive last night.
Yes, Michelle's speech is great. She was impressive when she gave it in 2008.

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
No. You just have to watch more reality TV.
I never thought I'd ever hear that sentence being uttered. Wow, Trump supporters.

Quote:
Anyway, on the day that Trump moved ahead in the polls I'm more that happy to see that the Clinton supporters continue their self-annihilation. They deserve it for their continued support of corrupt government.
Why do you care about polls?? You don't mention the election result but you are happy just to see Trump move ahead in the polls. Mmmmkay.

Quote:
I'm just happy that I am no longer associated with the corrupt Democratic Party. I've gone Green - as in caring about my neighbors and not the Billionaires.
Do you not realize that there is only one (self proclaimed) billionaire in this race and you seem to care about him a lot??

Quote:
Keep up you attacks on Melania. I hope it carries on for days.
I didn't attack Melania. I called her a plagiarizer because she plagiarized based on the facts. That's not an attack, that's just calling out the facts. Something that you seem to have a real disliking to.

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
What difference does it make? Trump haters are going to hate and Trump supporters are going to support him - nothing is going to change be that as it may - I see the true characters and lack of maturity of many of the anti-Trump supporters. Hopefully, none of you re in a position of leadership or teach our children.
So you're saying the people pointing out plagiarism and what is wrong with plagiarism are not appropriate to be teaching children??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections