Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 02:07 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,366,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Did I miss anything?

Meryl Streep addressed the DNC.

The RNC got some washed up soap opera actress whose name no one can recall.

All about Kimberlin Brown, the soap star-turned-California avocado farmer who is closing Tuesday's GOP convention - LA Times

Old 07-29-2016, 03:45 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,858,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Well, let's see...

*Many Democratic Senators, like Cory Booker and Jeanne Shaheen, addressed Philadelphia.
*Republican Senators generally avoided Cleveland, like Arizona's Jeff Flake - who said he couldn't attend because had to mow his lawn.
Pennsylvania's only state-wide elected Republican, Sen. Pat Toomey, boycotted the RNC in Cleveland, too.

On top of that he refuses to endorse Donald.

Republican Ohio governor Kasich boycotted the RNC even though his state was hosting the convention.

Pennsylvania's Democratic governor Wolf attended the DNC in Philadelphia.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:05 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,366,615 times
I didn't watch all of either convention. Who could stomach that?

But I did see part of each night for both. As the analysts have been saying all day long, the DNC was well organized and went very well. The RNC was gloomy, pessimistic and full of B-list appearances.

Point: DNC

Old 07-29-2016, 07:46 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,556,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I didn't watch all of either convention. Who could stomach that?

But I did see part of each night for both. As the analysts have been saying all day long, the DNC was well organized and went very well. The RNC was gloomy, pessimistic and full of B-list appearances.

Point: DNC

So, basically, you saw a highlight reel. How many "Boo's!" did you hear? How many shots of delegates walking out in disgust? How many shots of Bernie supporters getting their signs ripped out of their hands by Hillary thugs? And as far as "B" list actors? Yeah..they must have forgetten the shameful Z list scum they trotted out like Jew hater Silverman, Failed SNL dope Franken, some dumb actress from a show about maids or something, and of course the 2 illegal aliens flaunting their violating federal laws..yeah, next time watch a little more than what MSdnc feeds you

Old 07-29-2016, 11:04 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,105,911 times
We all should thank Donald Trump for helping to unite the RNC with the DNC.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:15 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,506,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It must be really horrible to go through life the way some of Trump's supporters do. They feel things are terrible, nothing is working, everyone is a cheat and a liar, and that we are on the edge of falling off a cliff. I can not imagine going through life with that outlook.

They also are too stubborn to consider even the slightest possibility that things have improved under Obama. Do they not remember the job situation 8 years ago, or the people losing everything they had worked for ? My God, people look around you. Jobs are there if you want them, construction is at an 8 year high, and people are spending money again on luxury items !

Where the Hell all this doom and gloom comes from, I have NO idea. Glad I get up every day and thank God that things are improving.

One line that stuck with me from last night's DNC was about how people who sit on the sidelines and criticize should get into the arena and actually see how it is in there. So easy to be a Monday morning QB, but the people who actually get in there and try to do things (like Hillary) are willing to take the hits and still come back to try to make things happen. That takes guts.

Don
Than why did you did start a thread awhile back saying how you decided voting for Obama was a mistake? I believe it was called "I may have been wrong about Obama", and you were very leery of him now?

Where does doom and gloom come from? Well let's just look at the last couple of months and events that have occurred in Europe and our country.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:45 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,105,911 times
The only thing that would have made the DNC Convention better would've been Tim Tebow showing up to endorse Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections