Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 07:12 PM

391 posts, read 290,247 times

Advertisements

Trump is doing this "his way" and that is what makes him so good to some and scary to others.

Do people want the person who follows every little script put in their face?

Heck with that, I'd fly back to NY as well.... if that is what I wanted to do.

He is not serious because he is running his campaign like he wants?

You won't get elected as dog catcher trying to do what everyone else is doing... playing the same game. Someone knows that game better than you (read: Bush). You have to change it up.

He did and it worked.

Now stop all this nonsense about Trump.... lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 08:08 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Yes, why would he want to miss an opportunity to talk up donors? Unless he really hates fundraising, and if that's the case, he shouldn't be a candidate (it's part of the process).
You still don't get him, do you? Still wanting to put him in the box you are familiar. He must do what everybody else does or he fails. Besides, I thought spurning donors was a virtue.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:14 PM

29,213 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The convention hall is half empty all the time. This convention seems to be very poorly run. Is that Trump's fault? Wasn't he supposed to be in charge of all this?
No. Reince Priebus and the RNC is in charge. Paul Ryan is the official convention leader.

I suspect money pulled Trump back to New York. Maybe his biz, maybe his campaign. Who knows?

But after that hot mess yesterday, it's probably good he's not there. The delegates may need a littler quiet to get themselves all collected back up after yesterday's fracas.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:17 PM

29,213 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Ever stop to think he just might be the one guy, so well qualified to do the job, that he doesn't have to do it the "conventional way"? The way everyone else has to do it, the way everyone else expects him to do it?

Just a thought. Because it seems to be working out that way, doesn't it.......

CN
It's not his unconventional way that worries me; it's his short attention span, non-existant impulse control, and his bottomless need for constant attention.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:23 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,624,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Ever stop to think he just might be the one guy, so well qualified to do the job, that he doesn't have to do it the "conventional way"?

No, not really.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:33 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Most of them are within the MOE.
Why do posters automatically assume that MOE automatically favors Trump? It could easily swing the other way.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:37 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
If I owned my own 757 with my name 20' tall on the sides I'd fly home for lunch and come back.

Haters gonna hate.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:42 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,406,988 times
How many liberals here posted just last week that Trump should stay away from the convention until his nomination night.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:49 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Why do posters automatically assume that MOE automatically favors Trump? It could easily swing the other way.
I didn't say it favored Trump. Just that I wish I had bet big this time last year.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:01 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,736 times
Th GOP is a fractured party, after yesterday it's apparent it's still fractured, Trump/Pence were claiming to unify it. How's that going to work with him in NYC? Maybe Trump doesn't need the money, but if the GOP wants to stay in control of congress, those senators and representatives need funds to campaign. If you were a donor and the big guy turns his nose up to you, are you still going to be committed to the party? This is the stuff that makes Priebus cringe, the potential of Trump to poison the party further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections