Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 09:14 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Karl Rove just said that Cruz will have a challenger to his seat from
within the GOP for what he did.
Yea, GOPe hate speech about freedom and voting your conscience. That's why the Party is in the mess it's in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 09:20 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
I am no fan of Cruz or actually any of the candidates, but I think people are making too much of this. It's not like Cruz said,
"Don't vote for Trunp, he's evil".

Cruz is trying to set things up for himself in 2020, help save whatever is left of the GOP after this mess is over. He should've just stayed away from the convention. I'm glad he overshadowed Walker's speech.

Most voters are not paying close attention yet, that will start with the debates.
"Cruz is trying to set things up for himself in 2020,'

As I said before, whoever he runs against will play over and over his pledge to support ANY of the candidates on stage, then show how he broke the pledge.

Repub voters do NOT like people who break their promises. They CAN'T be trusted.

The dems, well that is another story!

Old 07-21-2016, 09:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Cruz is trying to set things up for himself in 2020,'

As I said before, whoever he runs against will play over and over his pledge to support ANY of the candidates on stage, then show how he broke the pledge.

Repub voters do NOT like people who break their promises. They CAN'T be trusted.

The dems, well that is another story!
They re-elect them all the time.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:22 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Ain't gonna happen. Texans love Cruz and by 2018 this will have all past.

If Hillary is elected, Cruz will be her main antagonist.

We need more Cruz's, not less.

Yes, we need them in the senate.

That said, being Hillary Clinton's "antagonist" isn't going to block her SC nominees, her lifetime federal judgeship appointments, or her attempt to take up Sanders' Medicare (that'd be Obamacare) For All cause, which will do more damage to seniors than Obama even has.

So people choosing to enable a Hillary presidency should stop thinking that somehow makes them "noble."

Old 07-21-2016, 09:24 AM

1,166 posts, read 755,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Karl Rove just said that Cruz will have a challenger to his seat from
within the GOP for what he did.

That is what I assumed as soon as I saw the speech. Cruz is going to face an opponent in the primary that will have the full backing and financial support of the RNC, major donors and the majority of the party. If Hillary beats Trump, Cruz will receive a lot of the blame and the negative ads almost write themselves. He tossed away any future he had in the GOP last night. Rubio must feel like he won the lottery, one of the most serious obstacles to the 2020 nomination just sabotaged his own career.

I believe it showed us all that Cruz has some serious personality flaws that make him unsuitable to be President. He threw a temper tantrum on live TV in an attempt to damage his own party's candidate. For a guy that is supposed to be a political genius, it was surprisingly easy for Trump to goad him into making a fool of himself. Cruz did the rhetorical equivalent of lighting himself on fire like a Buddhist monk.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:25 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times
Quote:
Your last line is exactly what scares intelligent people about Trump. He has absolutely no business being trusted with anything of importance to this country. But he has done a great job of diverting attention away from his own ineptness by keeping the level of madness in his self-created circus so high that people are focusing on that instead of how woefully unprepared he is to govern.

I have always given Trump the recognition he deserves as a Class A con man, and this week has proven it to the max.
Please give us specifics and not generalizations as to why you believe Trump is a con man. Post facts not theories. Let's get to the meat of this so that intelligent people can make up their minds. Again - cold hard facts only please - not main stream media biased conjecture. I just don't see it.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC-B5n5pOmo

Old 07-21-2016, 09:29 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Lyin' Ted Cruz at his finest.

He gave his word. Lol..

Obviously, his word means nothing.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:30 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Ted Cruz was elected in a semi-special election runoff with very low turnout. He ran against David Dewhurst who was the establishment Republican candidate. Both had been in politics practically their entire careers.

I watched his town hall with the Texas delegation this morning. IMO, he is toast.

One thing that can be said is that Donald Trump trust the process. He may have played us all like a violin, but he trusts the process.

My question is how much slander will the American public accept from candidates. This entire primary season was nothing but candidates trying to gain attention by being more outrageous than the next. The behavior of all the candidates on all sides demeaned the nation.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:39 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
My opinion of Ted Cruz just improved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections