Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 02:14 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Trump is not being sued for being a con man. Trump University is being sued by people who are unhappy with what they received in return for the money they paid in. I dislike "get rich" sales tactics as much as anyone else, but they are everywhere. How many people who go to college expect their education to translate into a high paying career?? likely millions. Some students said they were more than satisfied and successful. Guessing it boils down to the effort you put into it - same as everything.

People are not stupid (except maybe those who believe they can make millions in real estate right away by taking a Trump course.) We won't know what the result of the lawsuit is until it's finished. That is between the students and TU - and for sure it's promotion is politically motivated. The sound bites reported in the media are surely slanted with a liberal bias as is everything focused on demeaning his character. Not to mention "conservative" reporters who are hell bent on ruining his run because their candidate(s) didn't fare well in the primary. I suspect he will be exonerated when ALL the facts come out.

This does nothing to dissuade me one iota in supporting Trump over Hillary. No contest.

I'm sure this will get more play as things go on. Can't wait for the fireworks and loaded up on popcorn.
You're the first Trump supporter I've seen who is actually defending Trump University.

Some advice: It's better to ignore that topic. By trying to defend it, you come off as a real syncophant.

He's a con man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 02:14 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,337,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Ted Cruz unofficially endorsed Darrell Castle for President. Castle, along with VP nominee Scott Bradley, is running on the Constitution Party ticket this November. This tandem is the only ticket left which bears any resemblance to Cruz's own views.
He is only on the ballot in 12 states, pretty much useless. At least Gary Johnson is on the ballot for all 50 states.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:16 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
No, he was endorsing Sponge Bob and wanted to send everyone to the bottom of the sea to meet him.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:16 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
You're the first Trump supporter I've seen who is actually defending Trump University.

Some advice: It's better to ignore that topic. By trying to defend it, you come off as a real syncophant.

He's a con man.

after the Clintons with their foundation and Hillary's selling out our country it makes Trump university look very good.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Laura Ingraham exposed Cruz's lame reasons:

Laura Ingraham response:

Translation: Cruz has indicated that if the campaign had played out exactly as it did — but Trump never said anything about Cruz’s wife or father — Cruz would have stuck to his pledge and endorsed Trump. Exactly what conservative principle does that sort of thinking represent? The principle that my feelings are more important than the good of the country? Exactly which of the Founders laid out that principle?
Think about this another way — in the form of a Ted Cruz Syllogism:
1.) I promised to support the GOP nominee
2.) But that pledge is no longer valid because Trump criticized my family
3.) Thus, Hillary Clinton should become president
4.) And the cause of the freedom will be advanced.
Huh?
So you would be ok supporting someone who embarrassed, humiliated and insulted your father and your wife in front of a global audience? You are a poor excuse for a man if so. Not only would I not support them, I would probably be arrested for assault if I ever saw them again.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:20 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
So you would be ok supporting someone who embarrassed, humiliated and insulted your father and your wife in front of a global audience? You are a poor excuse for a man if so. Not only would I not support them, I would probably be arrested for assault if I ever saw them again.

if Cruz couldn't handle that for the good of the country, he shouldn't run for President....that is call putting your feelings above the good of the country.

"He called my wife ugly"....."he said my father knew Lee Harvey Oswald"....booooooo!!! whaaaaaaa!!.......Cruz puts his feelings above the good of the party and country.

His version of freedom is to get Hillary elected.....makes sense.....lol

what a pu$$y!

Old 07-21-2016, 02:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
after the Clintons with their foundation and Hillary's selling out our country it makes Trump university look very good.
LOL!! Too, too funny. Your defense of Trump's very obvious and soon to be litigated con is to immediately pivot to the Clintons. The last refuge of the Trump cult.

Or perhaps I should say the only refuge. They obviously have absolutely nothing positive to say about their own guy, as the last three days have shown us. How utterly predictable.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
if Cruz couldn't handle that for the good of the country, he shouldn't run for President....that is call putting your feelings above the good of the country.

"He called my wife ugly"....."he said my father knew Lee Oswald"....booooooo!!! whaaaaaaa!!.......Cruz puts his feelings above the good of the party and country.

what a pu$$y!
Donald Trump is a pathetic fraud, con man, criminal and a coward. He is neither good for the Republican party or the country. He should be sharing a prison cell with Hillary right now.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:24 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
No way.

Cruz is not for things like gay marriage, open borders, abortion, legalization of drugs, etc.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:25 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
Quote:

He's a con man.
Did you read the actual lawsuit and filings? I did. Do you know exactly what Trump University was selling? I do. I feel badly for people who feel they have been taken - but guessing it's mainly their responsibility to know what they are getting into. Anyone who watches Judge Judy should know that.

Do I like the concept of TU? No. Is what they did illegal - don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections