Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 10:20 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
This is part of why, after 30 years of being a faithful Republican, I'm going Libertarian. Their treatment of Heidi Cruz disgusts me and I have no interest in being part of a party that exhibits such despicable behavior. Trump has dragged the entire party down to his level.

whaaaaaa!!!! the treatment of heidi???? what treatment was that? a tweet saying my wife is prettier than yours? and this is the couple you wanted in the W.H. that can't take a joke?

the party was in the gutter before Trump got in the race.....where were you when W BUSH was ruined the party brand name and the country?......why you didn't switch parties then?

these purists make me laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 10:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Cruz may have torpedoed any chance he had of reelection to the senate.

Of course, I doubt that he wants another term anyway.

He wants the big paycheck and lack of effort that comes with being a right wing pundit.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:31 AM

if this picture is fake, why hasn't Cruz sue the National Enquirer?......all Trump said was the Cruz's father knew Lee Harvey Oswald....how is that an attack?

if there a pic of Trump's father with Hitler, don't you think Cruz and everybody would bring it up?

Old 07-22-2016, 10:36 AM

that is Cruz father........so why is Ted getting so upset?......if this picture is a fake he should sue the National Enquirer.

you think if there was a picture of trump's dad next to a President's killer in a political meeting, you don't think Cruz and his camp wouldn't mention it???? come on! be real.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:55 AM

1,166 posts, read 755,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

that is Cruz father........so why is Ted getting so upset?......if this picture is a fake he should sue the National Enquirer.

you think if there was a picture of trump's dad next to a President's killer in a political meeting, you don't think Cruz and his camp wouldn't mention it???? come on! be real.

Cruz is a sneaky bastard. He would have a PAC connected to him leak it instead. The same way he attacked Melania Trump and claimed that he had nothing to do with it.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:59 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump read the speech. Cruz ended his career because of his bruised ego.
I don't know how you people get that out of his speech! I just don't. How did he end his career with such an excellent speech? He so clearly made the case for why Hillary should not be president, and along with that why it would be a mistake to not vote (because that is a vote for Hillary).

How did that end his career? He got several standing ovations in the delivery of his speech as well.

But Trump, rudely interrupted the speech at the very end by entering early, and making his presence known, and rallying the crowd to start to chant, "Trump, Trump."

Old 07-22-2016, 11:02 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Cruz is a sneaky bastard. He would have a PAC connected to him leak it instead. The same way he attacked Melania Trump and claimed that he had nothing to do with it.
yep, and he's proven himself to be sneaky and underhanded!

What he did to Carson was despicable. I always like Carson. He presented himself well although I don't know what his policies were because he never got much of a chance to speak. He was just too soft spoken and out of his element.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post

I wouldn't be sneaky....I will just be straight forward and ask what was your dad doing in a political meeting with a President's killer 3 months of JFK assassination and put Cruz on the defensive.

its a legit question......if that photo is fake why hasn't Cruz or his father sue the National Enquirer for millions?...isn't Cruz a lawyer?

why is Cruz complaining? it is a legit campaign issue.

if you had a picture of Trump's dad in a political meeting with a President's killer 3 months before the assassination you think NOBODY of his opponents or Super Pacs would bring it up?....The left wing media wouldn't touch it and give Trump a pass?.....come on man!

Old 07-22-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't know how you people get that out of his speech! I just don't. How did he end his career with such an excellent speech? He so clearly made the case for why Hillary should not be president, and along with that why it would be a mistake to not vote (because that is a vote for Hillary).

How did that end his career? He got several standing ovations in the delivery of his speech as well.

But Trump, rudely interrupted the speech at the very end by entering early, and making his presence known, and rallying the crowd to start to chant, "Trump, Trump."

he got a standing ovation because the crowd was giving him the benefit of the doubt, remember the crowd had no idea about his speech.

vote your conscience is the ANTI-TRUMP slogan and code word for don't vote for Trump....if you didn't know that you must have been in a coma for the past 5 months......he shouldn't have used those words, that's why he got booed and pretty much reminded everybody why he is hated by everybody in the Senate.

Trump was taking his seat because his SON was next to speak but that was well executed.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:22 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Take a look at Cruz's facebook page.. many people are fed up with Ted Cruz who supported him and sent him money.. the guy has no character.. stole Ben Carson's votes.. how are you missing that?.. Cruz is no Christian because his fruits stink.. Melania was attacked by Cruz first, then Cruz gets upset because Trump puts up a comparison pic of Heidi and Melania.

I gave Cruz a chance,, but after he acted the way he did on tv after stealing Carson's votes, I was through with him.. I had wrote he seems like a statesmen. I was fooled till I kept looking at his actions and words.. out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Ted showed himself to be a very small man, a man who will cheat, and lie to get to the presidency. He is no patriot.. flipped on so many issues I don't know who he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections