U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:39 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,297,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
He never admitted doing anything wrong.

The Swamp: Obama says he should have credited Patrick
Duh. Right there: "Obama says he should have credited Patrick" -- but he didn't and he admits it. Therefore, he is admitting he used Patrick's speech.

If he had said "I shouldn't have credited Patrick because it is NOT his speech" that would be denying it and saying he didn't do anything wrong.

But he admits it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 04:40 PM

32,270 posts, read 55,009,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post

People are pointing to it because it shows how empty he is.
Correction: Hillary People are pointing to it because its a desperate attempt to slow down his momentum.

Yet another sad example of the tit for tat politicking by the established status quo Hillary Clinton has sadly come to represent when faced with a challenger whose entire campaign is fsharply focused on real hope and real change.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:45 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 465,836 times
Oops, he did it again baby! Apparently, he has no ability to think for himself. Or at least the decency to use a different speechwriter:

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

(CNN) – A day after Sen. Barack Obama admitted to borrowing language from a speech by ally Deval Patrick, a second instance of Obama lifting language from a past speech by the Massachusetts governor has been identified.
“But you see, I am not asking anyone to take a chance on me. I am asking you to take a chance on your own aspirations,” Obama is quoted as saying in a November 6, 2007 USA Today article.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:18 PM

Sheesh! How many more are they going to find? Now there is going to be major scrutiny over anything he has ever said... I'm sure the media is getting a kick out of this. (Lots of research for their librarians! )

Old 02-19-2008, 05:27 PM

The Washington Post is jumping on this story too: Dana Milbank - Claims of Rhetoric-Pilfering Pile Up on Obama - washingtonpost.com

Uh oh... From the story above:

Quote:
Potentially more objectionable are the many lines Obama has lifted from Edwards, whose campaign compiled a list of the offenses before the candidate dropped out of the race.
I guess Obama is going to lose the Edward's endorsement on this since it appears the Edwards campaign was compiling this list of offenses...

Last edited by UB50; 02-19-2008 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 02-19-2008, 05:32 PM
BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Sheesh! How many more are they going to find? Now there is going to be major scrutiny over anything he has ever said... I'm sure the media is getting a kick out of this. (Lots of research for their librarians! )
I venture to guess that there are hundreds. James Carville alluded to as much last night too.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:33 PM
BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The Washington Post is jumping on this story too: Dana Milbank - Claims of Rhetoric-Pilfering Pile Up on Obama - washingtonpost.com

Uh oh... From the story above:

I guess Obama is going to lose the Edward's endorsement on this since it appears the Edwards campaign was compiling this list of offenses...
My prediction is that Bill Richardson and Edwards will both announce their endorsements of Hillary tomorrow.

P.s. I LOVE Dana Milbank. I just finished reading Homo Politicus.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:42 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,475,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Yet another lie. There are hundreds of pages on his site. And you've read it all since this morning? or Yesterday? And then you still have the time (and balls) to get on this site and say what you do?
I read the site, goofus. I have the flu...got a lot of time.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
She claims to have read it all, yet she claims he hasn't actually proposed any policies, but rather runs on words. I'm a bit incredulous.

I'm amazed that people can be so dim.
Yes. You are a bit incredulous.

Are you one of those people that sprinkle their posts with words like incredulous and conversate? Always makes me chuckle.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Correction: Hillary People are pointing to it because its a desperate attempt to slow down his momentum.

Yet another sad example of the tit for tat politicking by the established status quo Hillary Clinton has sadly come to represent when faced with a challenger whose entire campaign is fsharply focused on real hope and real change.

I'm not a Hillary people. He screwed up...it aint her fault. I'm voting for JM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or