Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 04:54 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
How can you watch or listen to some of his main views and disagree with him on those issues?

Enforcing the law
Ending sanctuary cities
Re-building our bridges, streets, highways and railways
Working to uplift inner cities for quality education for the children
Re-writing Nafta to OUR advantage... NOT for the other country
Having better TRADE deals
Creating NEW jobs
Creating equality pay for women and men

Many of these issues are issues many Americans agree on and want for this country so I don't understand why there is so much negativity after the RNC. I was a Bernie supporter as well as a John Kasich supporter and sadly those two men are now out of the running, so we have two choices and when you envision what is best for America, best for our people Hillary or Trump ya gotta wonder if it's worth it to take a chance on Trump?

Truth is, I didn't even like him all along. He's done many things that I find wrong and not respectable, but he's saying things that I care about for our future. I wonder how many other Bernie supporters he'll pull over to his side because ---not many Bernie's supporters agree or want Hillary.

The biggest question is whether Trump can back all this 'talk' up with real action, action that will support Americans and lift us out of debt and lead us to a better United States of America.

I'm looking forward to the debates soon.

p.s. I want to add I don't agree with him on his views concerning the environment that is one area he is totally and completely wrong.

Problem is - if elected - the anti Trumps will be foaming at the mouth if he hasn't accomplished everything he wants to do within the first 30 days. Of course they gave Obama a pass and even re-elected him waiting for his hope and change.

I'm not naive enough to think Trump can fulfill all the promises - but I do believe we will see change for the better in many areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
he's a con man? how so.
I've got dex on ignore as he has the same talking pts thread after thread - you'll not get a real discussion out of him - he's a Cruz supporter and sore loser who won't give up

Old 07-22-2016, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
This all sounds really good, but have you thought about how many things he could screw up? If he just screws up one really big thing (like George Bush did with Iraq), you could be paying for it for YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS.

Instead of thinking "What are they going to do for me?" think "What are they going to screw up that is just fine right now?"

Well Hillary and Obama screwed up Benghazi, Libya, Syria, the Iran deal - let's not forget the JV team of ISIS and you worry about Donald. Hillary's incompetence when it comes to foreign affairs worries me more.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:36 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
How can you watch or listen to some of his main views and disagree with him on those issues?

Enforcing the law
Ending sanctuary cities
Creating NEW jobs

Many of these issues are issues many Americans agree on and want for this country so I don't understand why there is so much negativity after the RNC. I was a Bernie supporter as well as a John Kasich supporter and sadly those two men are now out of the running, so we have two choices and when you envision what is best for America, best for our people Hillary or Trump ya gotta wonder if it's worth it to take a chance on Trump?

Truth is, I didn't even like him all along. He's done many things that I find wrong and not respectable, but he's saying things that I care about for our future. I wonder how many other Bernie supporters he'll pull over to his side because ---not many Bernie's supporters agree or want Hillary.

The biggest question is whether Trump can back all this 'talk' up with real action, action that will support Americans and lift us out of debt and lead us to a better United States of America.

p.s. I want to add I don't agree with him on his views concerning the environment that is one area he is totally and completely wrong.

Exactly, and the CORPORATE HO/Benghazi Killer-Hillary will only offer the same BS SNOWJOB....everything is going to be just rosy.... that we got from Obama!

Trump admits all that is wrong with America, everything each and everyone one of us can see with our own eyes. Everything Obama/Hillary made worse in the last 8 years!

Bernie lost every iota of my respect when he endorsed Hillary, so he has no longer has anything to say worth listening to!

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 07-22-2016 at 06:18 AM..

Old 07-22-2016, 05:41 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
I'm just sick and tired of career politicians both democrats and republicans. This country has been going down hill and getting worse for the past 16 years. Only the super wealthy and businesses have done well…oh and government employees Trump will not fix everything but if he gets in I sure hope he will shake up this country. We need it.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:44 AM

8,035 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Trump didn't utter a single word about HOW he would do any of that stuff on his Santa Claus list
Do they ever?

I was going to sit this election out, but the more I hear and see the media try their absolute d***dest to try to stop this man, as they have all along to stubbornly no avail, the more I have come to believe that I absolutely need to put my support, and my vote, behind him.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:48 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I'm just sick and tired of career politicians both democrats and republicans. This country has been going down hill and getting worse for the past 16 years. Only the super wealthy and businesses have done well…oh and government employees Trump will not fix everything but if he gets in I sure hope he will shake up this country. We need it.

Spot on! I am somewhat afraid of Trump, but I am far, far more frightened of Hillary and more of Mohammed Obama's policies!

Old 07-22-2016, 05:55 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,626,761 times
Quote:

Enforcing the law
Ending sanctuary cities
Creating NEW jobs

The main takeaway is that he will fight against the rigged system and Clinton will defend it. Whether or not he will fight against the rigged system is problematic. But for sure Clinton is bought and paid for and will fight for the rigged system - and more of it.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:59 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,110,898 times
Congrats!

Who cares about clean water, just drink and bathe in bottled water.

Who cares about the Supreme Court Justices who will overturn constitutional rights that you probably consider important.

Meh.

Mick

Old 07-22-2016, 06:07 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,279,568 times
There were a couple of points intertwined with his overall message I personally found intriguing.

In several areas, he mentioned he would get the best people for the job at hand. That's a businessman approach, and although some people think he isn't capable and needs everyone else to do the work, I find it more to mean as a businessman he want the right people for the job or "you're fired". It's not like people haven't wished for a businessman in the oval office. Well here' the best chance this country has ever had.

His focus was from the inside out. He's the only candidate I can remember that appears to be speaking to me, Joe Citizen. He didn't sound like he was sitting inside Washington with special interests chained to his ankles.

Every candidate before him, and I mean everyone, always speaks with promises. They present their beliefs with us having no clue how they can accomplish all of these things. IMO Trump will empower government and it's individuals to do a job with the focus on American Citizens. I'm not going to dismiss his words as empty promises because Hillary will do the same thing. At the end of the day, the president still has to have his/her inner battles with government to affect policy. Trump is the strongest I've seen to fight the corruption from the inside. But, we'll have to wait until next week to compare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections