Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 06:36 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
I will NEVER vote for Trump! Go Hillary!!

It's good to see there are some Americans who hate the police, love Wall Street bankers, and enjoy creating an impoverished slave state with open borders and terrible trade deals.

In this election, it is a world turned upside down. We have the "republican" supporting the middle class and "the average citizen", while the dems stand as the establishment supporting wealthy bankers and the ultra rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 06:37 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
I believe he will do his best to leave a great legacy.

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
I will NEVER vote for Trump! Go Hillary!!
6 in one hand
half a dozen in the other

WAKE UP!

5,559 posts, read 4,626,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It's good to see there are some Americans who hate the police, love Wall Street bankers, and enjoy creating an impoverished slave state with open borders and terrible trade deals.

In this election, it is a world turned upside down. We have the "republican" supporting the middle class and "the average citizen", while the dems stand as the establishment supporting wealthy bankers and the ultra rich.
Pretty much what has happened. The Democratic Party, by nominating Clinton, has become the party of Chappaqua and Wall Street.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:44 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
How can you watch or listen to some of his main views and disagree with him on those issues?

Enforcing the law
Ending sanctuary cities
Re-building our bridges, streets, highways and railways
Working to uplift inner cities for quality education for the children
Re-writing Nafta to OUR advantage... NOT for the other country
Having better TRADE deals
Creating NEW jobs
Creating equality pay for women and men

How can you look at his history of things like Trump U and the projects he's sold his name to then distanced himself from when they went bad and believe his actions will live up to his rhetoric?

Old 07-22-2016, 06:55 AM

210 posts, read 275,225 times
Trump is a nutcase. He will do absolutely NOTHING that he says he will do. Think about it. Trump has none of the political skill necessary to be the chief executive officer of the Republic. He claims that he would “declare war” on ISIS and “wipe out” the terror organization, but he does not comprehend how dangerous it is to exert physical military power in the real world. If Trump is elected as President, he will make such a fool out of himself in front of the world and America will become a laughingstock for the next 4 years.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:56 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
That is one MIGHTY BIG IF.

I keep repeating, "There's no place like home." and clicking my heels, but when I open my eyes, it STILL doesn't look like Kansas.
That's because he hasn't taken office yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I don't disagree that these are issues, but Trump is not the answer.

Trade deals take years to create, nafta took multiple presidencies to get passed. Trumps not going just rewrite it. The other 2 countries have to approve of it as well.

As much as I don't want sanctuary cities, it's not the place of the federal government to intervene with city practices. The federal government deals with immigration, no other level of government does. Nearly every major city in America is a sanctuary city. Start sending out USCIS and Federal marshals to round up illegals? Those cities aren't going to listen to Trump.

Sure they will. You say " If you're city is willfully disregarding the law there will be real consequences in the form of withholding federal funding".

So Trump is going to increase government involvement in education? Since when was that even remotely a conservative position. No thanks.

Common Core isn't already the fed involved in local schools? How is promoting choice tantamount to "more government involvement"??

Government doesn't create jobs, that's straight out of the liberal handbook.

Equal pay for men and women? How will the government enforce that? The government doesn't even pay men and women equal. I'd like to see what the Trump organization and the Trump campaign pay men and women.

FWIW, Ivanka stated that men and women get paid the same at Trump's corporations, cannot say the same about Hillary. Ivanka also said there were more women executives than men.

Every single plan Trump produces results in more government and more regulations, tie that in with his tax plan, and it's going to be a disaster. All we heard during the RNC was "freedom" and "liberty". What BS. Trump is creating the slightly less progressive party with all the wonders of social conservatism.

This is patently false. He wants to LESSEN regulation. Over regulation is killing small business owners.

The debates will be interesting, I hope Trump comes up with some real plans and doesn't go off by the seat of his pants. I'd say there is about a 1% chance I would vote for Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Well Hillary and Obama screwed up Benghazi, Libya, Syria, the Iran deal - let's not forget the JV team of ISIS and you worry about Donald. Hillary's incompetence when it comes to foreign affairs worries me more.
Right. While everyone is running around shouting "He could be a disaster in foreign policy", we already know for a fact that Hillary IS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I'm just sick and tired of career politicians both democrats and republicans. This country has been going down hill and getting worse for the past 16 years. Only the super wealthy and businesses have done well…oh and government employees Trump will not fix everything but if he gets in I sure hope he will shake up this country. We need it.
He certainly will. How anyone can see how blatantly corrupt the government has become and still vote for HRC is truly astonishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Do they ever?

I was going to sit this election out, but the more I hear and see the media try their absolute d***dest to try to stop this man, as they have all along to stubbornly no avail, the more I have come to believe that I absolutely need to put my support, and my vote, behind him.
Hopefully more will start paying attention. The media are so pro Hillary and anti Trump, it is not even truthful to call them journalists. It is exactly like Trump has been saying. They are all fighting as hard as they can to keep the status quo, because the status quo has been a boon to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
The main takeaway is that he will fight against the rigged system and Clinton will defend it. Whether or not he will fight against the rigged system is problematic. But for sure Clinton is bought and paid for and will fight for the rigged system - and more of it.
Here, here. Even if this is the only thing you can agree with Trump on, it is SO IMPORTANT that by itself it is worthy of supporting Trump with a great deal of passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Congrats!

Who cares about clean water, just drink and bathe in bottled water.

Who cares about the Supreme Court Justices who will overturn constitutional rights that you probably consider important.

Meh.

Mick
Who is fear mongering now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Ivanka talked about affordable child care being a priority and Trump employing more women managers than men managers in their company.

Trump mentioned support for LGBT for the first time at an RNC convention I can ever recall. Trump will be inclusive.

He will prioritize job growth, improving education, affordable health care reform, national security, etc.

Trump will shake up the corrupt, crony status quo in Washington.

There will be more of the same, more of the same damn thing, if we elect Hillary.

Trump will change the paradigm in Washington.

Now lets see how he does in the debates.....
Can't be stressed enough that right there on the stage in front of all the RNC bigwigs he defied them all by being far more inclusive that they typically are. Probably stepped on some toes, but the ROOM was 100% behind him, as are most level headed conservatives, and I dare say level headed Americans of all party affiliation. While Trump has garnered the RNC nomination, he is in no way a Republican. Ivanka stated very plainly that she was not a D or an R at the very beginning of her speech. She said she votes for whoever she thinks will do the best job for her and her children.

Trump doubled down on this, and basically said "Here is what I will push for and work on. Don't let things on the RNC platform scare you away, because I am not interested in a lot of that garbage".

Old 07-22-2016, 06:56 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Pretty much what has happened. The Democratic Party, by nominating Clinton, has become the party of Chappaqua and Wall Street.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:57 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,222,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Re-building our bridges, streets, highways and railways
Working to uplift inner cities for quality education for the children
Creating equality pay for women and men
These are three things that the Dems have been trying to get done over the last 3 years that the Republicans have blocked at every turn.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:00 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,693,993 times
Default Well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
These are three things that the Dems have been trying to get done over the last 3 years that the Republicans have blocked at every turn.

Yes, and that's only the top of the iceberg as goes constructive things that would have benefitted our nation but which were blocked by the republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections