U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 02:12 AM

2,003 posts, read 4,384,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post

About Obama, I think we should wait until AFTER he has served his two terms before we start assessing what kind of President he is. Right now, he promises to be just as good if not better than any candidate for the office.
You are right, we should start assessing and thinking about Obama after he has served his two terms. Thinking at this point is not not the proper behavior. For the next few months when considering the election we should all restrict our behavior to swooning over Obama like teenage girls in puppy love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 11:22 AM

8,830 posts, read 17,285,438 times
Ron Paul tanked soon after copies of his old newsletters hit the MSM.

Selections From Ron Paul's Newsletters

The guy is obviously a bit "out there". I still see "Ron Paul for President" signs in our area, and I chuckle.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 AM

11,367 posts, read 18,556,235 times
I already said my peace.........if the majority of America wants to elect a "daddy" or "mommy" and wants to be treated like a child or wants to preserve their pet freedom yet roll over others so be it.

There will come a point when maybe I just give up and take my American money if it's still worth anything and go to South or central America and just sit back and sip a exotic drink and pick out a latin hottie to hang with.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 AM

90 posts, read 165,216 times
My issue is the fact that you're wanting the government to handle those things. The federal government is the most backwards, loobyist backed, corrupted institution and you think putting a different political party a.k.a. the left end of the problem, is really going to solve anything?
Thanks for the laugh. Republicans and Democrats?
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
You just completely contradicted yourself. You said he lacks substance, yet you've now turned around entirely and stated what you believe his policy to be. Good or bad, 64 pages of what you called "mommy state increases" is definitely substance, yet you apparently decided you'd rather parrot the tired, false attacks than actually debate any one policy.

From the link:

Would you prefer McCain/Bush fiscal policy, which is a spend-and-spend policy, Hillary's policy, which is tax-and-spend-and-spend, or Obama, whose policy is a balanced budget?

Look, eliminating the expense of Iraq and policing the world would go farther than anything else toward eliminating deficit spending. Hell, at least some social programs help people. What's the problem with taxes, so long as they're what is necessary to balance the budget and pay down the national debt?

Old 02-21-2008, 12:06 PM

1,719 posts, read 6,131,649 times
Us Ron Paul supporters are still here. I am not even paying attention to any democrat...and barely keep up with McCain...I already know who I will be voting for in November.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:37 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,654,959 times
Ron Paul was just a new ralph nader. Only listened to then ignored.There was no revolution;just a firecracker.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:24 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,115,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Ron Paul was just a new ralph nader. Only listened to then ignored.There was no revolution;just a firecracker.
Interesting... why then are there a number of people running for congressional and state representative offices as Ron Paul Republicans?
Six just won their primaries in Maryland... others have yet to be determined.

I don't expect to see a change overnight, but I expect a Goldwater effect to take place.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:09 PM

2,153 posts, read 4,992,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
Interesting... why then are there a number of people running for congressional and state representative offices as Ron Paul Republicans?

I don't expect to see a change overnight, but I expect a Goldwater effect to take place.
The fact that Ron Paul Republican is now a commonly used term is a great start and should show the casual observer the impact he is having. Can't remember the last time I heard someone running as a Bushrepublican.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:44 PM

2,989 posts, read 3,146,126 times
I'm afraid I would actually fear for Ron Paul's life if he were to be elected. Sad thing to say, but true. They've "taken care" of people before, and I believe they would do it again.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:35 PM

2,787 posts, read 3,660,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post

well winning a republican primary in maryland is no big accomplishment as there arent hardly any republicans in the state and most arent going to spend the time or money to run knowing they will have no chance when the general election comes about.democrats frequently run unopposed in md when the general election occurs.i will predict that all six will lose in november ,(unless one of these is the guy who defeated wayne gilcrest,who does at least stand a chance)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or