Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:57 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I moved closer to voting for Trump after last night.
It's the obvious choice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 09:01 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
that isn't hate, for the person, what he is saying is so true...my cousin's are liberal and several other of my friends, I don't hate them, but I hate some of their liberal ways and actions...

I don't hate anyone, but really and truly hate what liberal thinking has done for this country....

Our kids in college, are so unaware of what is going on....

that isn't hate for them, but hate for what this world has done to them.

people call us the Obama Haters, which to me is such an unintelligent way of a come back when you have nothing else to say, or another way to shut the other person down....

I don't hate Obama, voted for him in his first term....

but I hate his policies....
Democratic FREAK show. That's hatred.

And when people say hateful things about Obama, that's hatred as well. I relish the debates where people are critical of this administration's policies, and how some things have been handled, because that's substantive argument. Just as I relish participating in discussions about the Trump campaign's handling of issues, and the comments that Trump has made. That's substantive argument. But those conversations are overwhelmed with the personal sniping that is a hallmark of hatred. I couldn't care less about Trump's tan or hairstyle. I couldn't care less about Secretary Clinton's ankles or pantsuits. I DO care passionately about the truth, which is regularly ignored on this forum.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:28 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Like it or not the RNC was a complete train wreck and it's the media's job to report it. Starting with Melania's speech, which shows what happens when you purchase a speech on Craig's List, to the incredible awkward air kiss between Trump and Pence, to the very very unusual incident when a party member (one of many by the way) failed to endorse the nominee there was plenty of material for bad press. But of course you want to blame the network instead of the source.

Whatever.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:29 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Like it or not the RNC was a complete train wreck and it's the media's job to report it. Starting with Melania's speech, which shows what happens when you purchase a speech on Craig's List, to the air kiss between Trump and Pence, to the very very unusual incident when a party member (one of many by the way) failed to endorse the nominee there was plenty of material for bad press. But of course you want to blame the network instead of the source.

Whatever.
Who is Melanie?

Old 07-22-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Who is Melanie?
Typo that was quickly corrected as you can see in my post that you quoted.

That all you got?

Old 07-22-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
She thinks we've done a good job of closing our borders. And now she wants to legalize illegals who will "take more of your jobs".

Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton said Thursday that the southwest border is secure enough that the government should now turn its attention to trying to legalize illegal immigrants.

Hillary Clinton says U.S.-Mexico border is secure - Washington Times
Even if all this is true that is not even close to the claim that she does want open borders and unlimited immigration.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:42 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
She thinks we've done a good job of closing our borders.
I've lived on the border for four decades. It's SO much more secure than it was 20 years ago. A night and day difference.

Quote:
And now she wants to legalize illegals who will "take more of your jobs".
If those illegals are legalized, they'll be subject to minimum wage laws, reducing their attractiveness to employers.
Quote:
Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton said Thursday that the southwest border is secure enough that the government should now turn its attention to trying to legalize illegal immigrants.

Hillary Clinton says U.S.-Mexico border is secure - Washington Times

So, she in fact DOES NOT want open borders and unlimited immigration, as Drumpf blabbered last night. A lie fashioned to appeal to the low-info base. I have no doubt that it worked.

Oh...

Please specify your border experiences.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:41 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Even if all this is true that is not even close to the claim that she does want open borders and unlimited immigration.
She isn't going to say that, but the effect of her policies amounts to the same thing. I am actually for amnesty for people who have been here a certain amount of time. I don't think we should deport people who have been here since they were children. But I think we could do better by not bringing in so many refugees, which she wants. I wish someone had the balls to say we need to amend the constitution to get rid of birthright citizenship if both parents are not U.S. citizens. It only causes abuse of the system. I worry about the effect of importing so many people here when there aren't enough jobs for everyone, and more and more jobs are being lost to automation. I don't like the abuse of the H1-B policy.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
She isn't going to say that, but the effect of her policies amounts to the same thing. I am actually for amnesty for people who have been here a certain amount of time. I don't think we should deport people who have been here since they were children. But I think we could do better by not bringing in so many refugees, which she wants. I wish someone had the balls to say we need to amend the constitution to get rid of birthright citizenship if both parents are not U.S. citizens. It only causes abuse of the system. I worry about the effect of importing so many people here when there aren't enough jobs for everyone, and more and more jobs are being lost to automation. I don't like the abuse of the H1-B policy.
But your quote specifically said Hillary wanted "open borders and unlimited immigration" and as been pointed out several times that is not even close to the truth. Offering a haven for vetted refugees is not an open border.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:38 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Default I am Not "Unhinged" and Trump is a Real Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I can't understand any clear thinking person is paying attention to network news shows. Complete biased lies and manipulation/propaganda. A complete waste of time, especially considering how many commercials they play these days.
I watched on Fox last night. As you will see below it does not take a leftist outlet to convince me that Trump is an awful choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm not voting, but I really enjoy watching the left come unhinged over the trump candidacy. Never has so much derision been heaped on a candidate. Thanks for the show wing nuts
I voted for Bush II the second time around, McCain and Romney. I am not "unhinged" but I consider Trump to be a massive danger. People with short memories forget that hie advocated violence at his rallies and subliminally threatened violence if he was not the ultimate nominee.

Just because we heard him cooing last night and obeying his teleprompter does not mean he has changed. He is not willing or able to work within the Constitution were he elected or the law during his campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections