Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:17 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The only thing Ted Cruz proved, is that he has a backbone. Not sacrificing his principles, for political gains.
Not many like him.
Cruz went to try and show up Trump with all the support he had(has). But it backfired. It showcased a very small, petty man bitter over losing the primary. Trump's allowing him to speak without a guarantee of endorsement was magnanimous.

Instead, Cruz used the opportunity to get his little digs in and publicly refuse to support Trump, despite having signed a pledge to support the nominee. It would have benefited him more to stay home. He didn't look principled IMO - he looked jealous and vengeful. Hardly the impression he planned to make, I'm sure.

I love Mike Huckabee's take on it:

Mike Huckabee: 'Trump Trusted Ted and Was Rewarded with a Betrayal' - Breitbart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 12:19 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The republican convention was for Trump, not Cruz. If Sour Grapes Cruz couldn't support Trump he should have respectfully bowed out. Instead Cruz chose to make a fool of himself by not recognizing Trump in his speech. He got booed, not by idiots, but by Trump supporters who went to hear about Trump. If anyone's an idiot, it's Cruz.
Cruz is counting on one of two things happening: (1) Trump will be defeated in November after repeatedly making an ass of himself and Cruz will truthfully be able to say didn't have anything to do with it. Christie, Pence, etc. will all be forever maligned for supporting Trump.

(2) Trump will win in November and his administration will be a complete and utter disaster and Cruz will be able to say "I told you so."

Cruz is smart.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:19 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Cruz went to try and show up Trump with all the support he had(has). But it backfired. It showcased a very small, petty man bitter over losing the primary. Trump's allowing him to speak without a guarantee of endorsement was magnanimous.

Instead, Cruz used the opportunity to get his little digs in and publicly refuse to support Trump, despite having signed a pledge to support the nominee. It would have benefited him more to stay home. He didn't look principled IMO - he looked jealous and vengeful. Hardly the impression he planned to make, I'm sure.

I love Mike Huckabee's take on it:

Mike Huckabee: 'Trump Trusted Ted and Was Rewarded with a Betrayal' - Breitbart
And mentioning his father being there.... who brings his dad to a place of the enemy as Cruz makes it sound like! Only people who hate their dad would do such a thing!

Cruz won a state by claiming in a very low way the Carson had gone home and was out of the race, than tried to backstab Trump... and when Cruz had hardly a chance of winning Cruz announced his VP choice!

Cruz the big time loser.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:22 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
And mentioning his father being there.... who brings his dad to a place of the enemy as Cruz makes it sound like! Only people who hate their dad would do such a thing!

Cruz won a state by claiming in a very low way the Carson had gone home and was out of the race, than tried to backstab Trump... and when Cruz had hardly a chance of winning Cruz announced his VP choice!

Cruz the big time loser.
Can't believe he brought up the underwear story at the convention..

Old 07-23-2016, 12:48 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,247,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
But even taken at face value, I would rather have America first than have a dishonest corrupt president that is beholden to foreign interests and open borders, and without the ability to safely secure this country.

Can't rep you enough for this. Unfortunately, there's idiots out there who label that as 'fearmongering'.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:33 PM

14,760 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
The republican convention was for Trump, not Cruz. If Sour Grapes Cruz couldn't support Trump he should have respectfully bowed out. Instead Cruz chose to make a fool of himself by not recognizing Trump in his speech. He got booed, not by idiots, but by Trump supporters who went to hear about Trump. If anyone's an idiot, it's Cruz.
Cruz never attacked Trump. Cruz only said that they should "vote their conscience." It's very telling that they would get that angry over him saying that.

Lots of people in the GOP refuse to endorse Trump and see what a potential disaster and danger he would be. George Bush, Romney, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, Mass. Gov Charlie Baker, Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE), Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C), Sen Mark Kirk (R-IL),
Senator Mike Lee (R-UT), I could go on and on....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6472/h...-aaron-bandler

Old 07-23-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Stated it well? So you think looking out for us as a nation and our people is wrong? You would rather succumb to globalism where wages get lowered, jobs go away and the elite get richer and richer? How does that benefit you or your family at all? Have you even thought about it or did you just let these asshats do your thinking for you? Why do those on the Left hate the fact that someone wants to better us as a people of this nation? Do you really hate this country that much?
Ofcourse, I don't think looking out for our nation and our people is wrong! That is why I know Trump would be a total disaster and probably bring about the ruin of our wonderful country. Hillary is for a wage increase, Trump has stated that he is against a minimum wage altogether. If you think that rich, egotistical man has any interest in helping you or your family, then you are sadly mistaken. He only cares about helping himself and the other Billionaires. So no, he would not help my family at all, in fact he wouldn't care if he destroyed my family or other middle class families.

Quote:
Do you really hate this country that much?
Typical closed minded Conservative rhetoric! Because I am a Democrat and would vote for Hillary, then I hate this country!?! Please! I love America every bit as much as you or your Conservative friends. I am very Patriotic - always have been - my Dad was a Korean War Veteran, and I come from a long line of people who have served in the military in every single war this country has had, even many ancestors who fought and served in the Revolutionary War. Your ideas that any one who doesn't love Trump hates their country and is not Patriotic, speaks volumes, and shows you to be very paranoid. If they don't believe the exact way that you do, they must be evil...which is just ridiculous! It sounds like a brain washed cult member!

Old 07-23-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Democratic FREAK show. That's hatred.

And when people say hateful things about Obama, that's hatred as well. I relish the debates where people are critical of this administration's policies, and how some things have been handled, because that's substantive argument. Just as I relish participating in discussions about the Trump campaign's handling of issues, and the comments that Trump has made. That's substantive argument. But those conversations are overwhelmed with the personal sniping that is a hallmark of hatred. I couldn't care less about Trump's tan or hairstyle. I couldn't care less about Secretary Clinton's ankles or pantsuits. I DO care passionately about the truth, which is regularly ignored on this forum.
^This.

Old 07-23-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Have you seen this John Kasich ad? Dayum.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ump-to-hitler/
Exactly!

Old 07-23-2016, 02:35 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Benghazi Hillary is for open borders, unlimited illegal immigration
It has become my mission to call out every poster who makes this idiotc claim as it seems to be a pattern. Please PROVE that Hillary is for open borders and unlmited illegal immigration with credible links.

Prove it or shut the Hell up.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 07-23-2016 at 02:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections