Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Dem voters- Is Hillary not corrupt and completely honest?
Yes- All of the "scandals" are contrived "right wing attacks" 9 25.71%
Yes- All of the scandals are just minor political details 10 28.57%
No- All of the scandals are "real", but I don't care. 12 34.29%
No- All of the scandals are "real", but Hillary's other "positives" outweigh her dishonesty and corruption 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 10:21 PM

14,761 posts, read 8,093,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I agree with your comments. In regard to the ratings--I thought the display of hate put on at the RNC was revolting behavior by so-called mature adults. Shouting kill her? Beat her? She should be shot? Law, order and a great America, my ass.

I truly hope the DNC is not as degrading and nasty as the RNC, and even though many who will be there detest Trump to the core, I would hope nobody calls for his death.
That was a weird, sick scene where they were like an angry lynch mob full of hate - reminded me of the Salem Witch Trials. The Grand Old Party sure isn't Grand at all any more. (And this is from someone who was a Republican for over 30 years).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 10:25 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
I'd be more inclined to believe allegations of her being crooked if it wasn't so incredibly obvious that the main goal in these attacks towards her is not to seek justice for any possible wrongdoing, but simply political gain for her opponent. After about the 4th or 5th Benghazi probe, when they STILL couldn't find anything of substance, and that guy McCarthy basically admitting on television that all these millions of dollars of taxpayer money was spent in an attempt to lower her approval rating, it became clear to me that Hillary, although not pristine by any means, is not the issue here. They're doing the same thing to her that they've done to Obama for 8 years. Their governing policies don't hold up, and they have accomplished very little, so the go-to strategy is to paint the opponent as evil, murderous, conniving and un-American. I'm not falling for it.

I can look and listen for myself and form my own opinion, which is exactly what I've done this election cycle. If she was up against anyone of substance, who had a chance, I might be conflicted as to who to vote for, but she's not, so she has my vote, and the vote of pretty much everyone I know.
You pretty much mirror my feelings. She certainly is not Snow White, but she is not the incarnation of evil as some want to portray her. Now all the crap that was thrown at Obama has just been shifted to her as a new target. If they really despise her so much, they should have nominated a better candidate to eliminate her from the picture once and for all. But they decided not to so:

Clinton/Kaine 2016!

Old 07-22-2016, 10:31 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,155 times
I really don't like Hiiary and haven't voted for a Democrat for president since the first time I was old enough to vote. i detest what the Republicans have devolved into and have never voted for a Republican for president. That being said after watching Trump rise to the nomination and the rediculousness that was their convention, I detest them even more for making me think I better vote for Hillary because I want no part of Trump as president. It saddens me to see that he has fooled as many people as he has. The nicest thing I can say about him is he is all hat and no cattle. Every time I watch any of his speeches I come away thinking he is Mussolini reborn.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:51 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I think instead you are all wrong for America. I'm certain you have been told that before.
And trust a man who has berrated minorities in a country that always wanted the tired, the poor, and the huddled masses yearning to breathe free; a man that talks about equal wages but attacks women because they are women; a man who is against ObamaCare and wants you to pick your doctor but wants to replace it with a similar system where you wouldn't pick your doctor (not to mention the old system had it with doctors dropping insurers every year and he was previously for a single payer system); a man who talks about job creation in America, NOT China but sent jobs to China for his Macy's clothing line; a man who is against H1-B visa holders, yet had them work at his hotels; and a man who is against illegals getting jobs but hired out contractors who used illegal labor.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:56 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,278,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And trust a man who has berrated minorities in a country that always wanted the tired, the poor, and the huddled masses yearning to breathe free; a man that talks about equal wages but attacks women because they are women; a man who is against ObamaCare and wants you to pick your doctor but wants to replace it with a similar system where you wouldn't pick your doctor (not to mention the old system had it with doctors dropping insurers every year and he was previously for a single payer system); a man who talks about job creation in America, NOT China but sent jobs to China for his Macy's clothing line; a man who is against H1-B visa holders, yet had them work at his hotels; and a man who is against illegals getting jobs but hired out contractors who used illegal labor.
Clearly you don't understand.
As president Trump would be different. He said as much and why would he lie......

Old 07-23-2016, 12:05 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
I unfortunately seriously doubt that.
I really hope that isn't true.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:17 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
In my opinion sort of a silly question.

I think more than 50% of politicians are corrupt and dishonest, and as a career politician I think nothing different of Hillary.

Hillary, part of the 50% with her 100% corrupt dishonesty.

Can't this woman ever tell the truth?

Old 07-24-2016, 11:24 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
That was a weird, sick scene where they were like an angry lynch mob full of hate - reminded me of the Salem Witch Trials. The Grand Old Party sure isn't Grand at all any more. (And this is from someone who was a Republican for over 30 years).
Your name certainly fits. What a ridiculous description.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Clearly you don't understand.
As president Trump would be different. He said as much and why would he lie......
Or maybe I see clearly and everyone else don't. He's lied time and time again and repositioned so much that I don't see him as anything but a political who don't have political experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections