Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 11:44 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
More jobs means more taxes paid to grow the tax base.. higher wages, more jobs, less people on welfare means a healthier economy . More dollars for the things that are needed.

If we had everyone working good jobs, we would have a surplus of tax dollars and a good economy.More buying power for the American people.

If less people are working , we have more on welfare and that is a bad economy.

Welfare dollars is no way to stimulate the economy because all we get is huge debt. Nancy Pelosi is crazy when she said , food stamps are good for the economy.. it just adds debt when all is said and done.
That doesn't answer the question of making America safer, unless you're saying that violent crime is related to poverty. Is that what you're saying?

I don't think that was what Trump was saying when he said that on January 20 he would start making America safer. Do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 11:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Who do you represent or support political ?
The left has said it repeatedly and makes it known that is their answer or solution to crime.
You may represent your own view but if it's the same as the liberal view it matters little.
The left hasn't said that.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Cities that refuse to follow federal laws would lose funding under Justice Assistance Grants and the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, which provide hundreds of millions of dollars a year to local law enforcement.

For example:

A bill, passed in the House in May, 241-179, which would withhold certain federal law enforcement grants to cities that have policies designed to shelter illegal immigrants from deportation.
Okay. That may result in illegal immigrants leaving the sanctuary city. I don't think that's guaranteed, but can see the point of the legislation.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:47 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Default Fully funded PD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
You don't get to make the argument that America is safe, while at the same time making the arugment that America is undresege from people with guns....

You just don't get to do that. its called hypocrisy and if the left has taught me anything, there is no greater sin than being a hypocrite

you talk out of both sides of your mouth . you yack and yack about how we are all dying at the hands of gun owners now you claim we are safer than we have ever been?

get real. you don't get to do both.
The problem is Black market guns and Criminals that do not follow any law. We are a open society with open Constructional Rights (2nd amendment). We as a country can not predict the future and know peoples hearts and minds.

Having fully funded PD is the key. Law Enforcement is not necessarily cops and robbers every day. Its have open communication and presents to prevent would be felons.

Most people that own guns do not flash them and take precaution to secure the.
Trump does have appoint however, that a secured city negates crime fro happening.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Trump does have appoint however, that a secured city negates crime fro happening.
A "secured" city negates crime from happening? Does "secured" mean no illegal aliens in the city? And that negates crime from happening because........is the narrative that only illegal aliens are committing crimes?

Old 07-22-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Who do you represent or support political ?
The left has said it repeatedly and makes it known that is their answer or solution to crime.
You may represent your own view but if it's the same as the liberal view it matters little.
I'm very much a liberal.

Ferd brought up the gun issue in response to my saying that I don't think America is particularly unsafe and that crime has dropped steadily over the last 25 years. He said it was hypocrisy to say that America is safe while simultaneously trying to "take away everyone's guns." Neither I nor the left has ever advocated taking everyone's guns away.

But I don't want to get caught up in a gun debate.

What have you heard Trump say he'd do to reduce violent crime?

What would you do?

Old 07-22-2016, 11:59 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A "secured" city negates crime from happening? Does "secured" mean no illegal aliens in the city? And that negates crime from happening because........is the narrative that only illegal aliens are committing crimes?
I have never heard that narrative. I have heard the left claim that crime will go up without illegals.
Eliminating illegals from anywhere will drive certain crimes down due to the fact there are some crimes that many if not most illegals must commit in order to survive.
There will always be people willing to victimize others, that goes without saying. What we should not be doing is importing more of such people or rewarding people for violating our laws. We can argue all day about how many crimes illegals commit all day and never agree on a number. That is because for what ever reason the fed tries hard not to track such data. The fact remains that everydayUS citizens are victimized by illegals. Our prisons certainly bare evidence of that fact.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:04 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Last night in his speech Trump said that if he is elected, on January 20 he will start to make America safer.

I don't think America is particularly dangerous right now as crime rates have dropped steadily for the last 25 years. But for purposes of this question, let's assume the average person is at risk for being a victim of violent crime.

Since he didn't say what he would do, what do you think he will do to "make America safer?" What does he have the power to do?
Resign?

Old 07-22-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I have never heard that narrative. I have heard the left claim that crime will go up without illegals.
Eliminating illegals from anywhere will drive certain crimes down due to the fact there are some crimes that many if not most illegals must commit in order to survive.
There will always be people willing to victimize others, that goes without saying. What we should not be doing is importing more of such people or rewarding people for violating our laws. We can argue all day about how many crimes illegals commit all day and never agree on a number. That is because for what ever reason the fed tries hard not to track such data. The fact remains that everydayUS citizens are victimized by illegals. Our prisons certainly bare evidence of that fact.
Appreciate the thought you put into that post, but it really didn't address my post.

What is a "secured" city?

And what measures are necessary in order to produce a "secured" city such that it "negates crime from happening"????

Old 07-22-2016, 12:26 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Except the left is not "utterly breathless about taking guns away from honest Americans."

I don't even know where you get that idea.

yea yall are.

Mass-of-two____ just outlawed a bunch of them

Barak cant even attend a memorial for dead cops without lashing about about guns.

don't tell me you aren't after our guns. YOUR SIDE is trying to take whatever guns you can get.

Obama has even lamented the fact that we cannot do what AUS did. which is pretty much take all the guns.

Honestly I don't know what is worse, your hypocrisy or your "my hypocrisy is not hypocrisy" lament.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections