Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the fact that she was careless with classified information is it a factor in voting for her?
Yes I might not vote for Hilleary because of this 19 55.88%
No I will still vote for Hillary 15 44.12%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 05:05 PM

13,258 posts, read 7,312,118 times

Advertisements

I have a problem when a well respected FBI director states that Hillary Clinton and the people who worked for her were "Extremely careless" in their handing of highly classified information. Someone of her education and experience should know better she seems to really have no excuse or even an explanations other then the whole investigation was political driven.

Sorry for the spelling error in the poll of Hillary's name it won't let me edit it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 05:27 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,816,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I have a problem when a well respected FBI director states that Hillary Clinton and the people who worked for her were "Extremely careless" in their handing of highly classified information. Someone of her education and experience should know better she seems to really have no excuse or even an explanations other then the whole investigation was political driven.

Sorry for the spelling error in the poll of Hillary's name it won't let me edit it now.
I already made up my mind to not vote for her, it was before the emails being well-spread that I made that decision, however it only fortified my position on who to vote for.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:54 PM

890 posts, read 1,849,893 times
People who work in the world of 3-letter agencies have their job security on the line every day when it comes to handling classified information. Honest mistakes of a minor nature are not cause for immediate firing, but there is a permanent record and if enough "mistakes" occur that person is gone.

This is not a Republican vs Democrat issue.

Hillary blatantly broke the rules and lied about it. Multiple times. I won't vote for her. I wouldn't vote for Petraeus if he ever ran for anything either.

How the people don't understand what she did endangered national security is beyond me. Wikileaks just published DNC emails, and we are supposed to believe Hillary's email wasn't compromised is some way?

Old 07-22-2016, 06:09 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Republican primary voters didn't provide a viable alternative to Hillary Clinton.

Unless someone produces film of her personally murdering someone, she'll be elected the 45th President of the United States.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:14 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
I recognize political theater when I see it. The email revelations have absolutely no bearing on her ability to perform the duties of the President. Bottom line: there's only one qualified choice this year and she is it. (well maybe Johnson, too).

Old 07-22-2016, 06:14 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
I had to vote "yes", even though it was not really true.
There should have been a "No, it didn't have any effect on my decision. I would not vote for her anyway!" choice.
THAT would be the real truth!

Old 07-22-2016, 06:17 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
This is really pretty inconsequential. Even Colin Powell has agreed that the directives didn't use to be that stringent, and this was no big deal. There was no deliberate wrongdoing. And as far as I've heard, nothing bad has resulted.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:17 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
There is no significant evidence that Clinton was in any way careless. Having a personal server for that job she has admitted was dumb. And if you wish to vote against her for having made a dumb mistake that is your right.

Comfey neither has nor claims the ability to determine that Clinton had anything classified on her machine. The only instance cited is a hair splitter...someone apparently incorrectly marked a piece of her daily schedule as classified. If you listen to Comfey you would know he is very careful to qualify this one as he knows it is not really a significant deviation.

The other stuff is clearly the attempt by some other agency to claim original discussion by Clinton and staff violated classified space. However the matters are so classified that they cannot be discussed.

Comfey is in no way qualified to determine or discuss such matters and should be censured for talking outside his job description and his personal knowledge.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:14 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Gee why not start this thread every hour... ever hear of beating a dead horse?

Old 07-22-2016, 07:18 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
I won't vote for Hillary because I don't believe in her stance. The lying, hiding and her as a person is what just entices my reasoning not to vote for her. If I was a democrat I would not vote for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections