Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 09:27 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,652,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Warren is likable? I must have missed that one.
Warren isn't well known nationally. 49.6% of people say they've "not heard enough" or are "undecided."

Within Massachussetts she is very popular, with an approval rating in her constituency of 61%. I'd say that's pretty good. Better than GOP senators like Marco Rubio, who is at 45%, or Ted Cruz who is at 55%.

By comparison, Trump's national favorability rating is 35%, and Hillary Clinton's is at 40%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Pocahontas?
Are you serious? She is poison at any national elections. Like Nancy Pelosi, only worse.
Trump supporters seem to hate Warren, because she attacks Trump on twitter. From what I gather this is an emotional reaction; they don't even know what her policy stances are.

However Trump supporters (i.e. not GOP supporters, but specifically Trump supporters) are a trivially small % of the electorate, so this isn't really a problem for her.

Last edited by le roi; 07-24-2016 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 09:40 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,594,594 times
I would assume the approval rating in Massachusetts would be higher, given a large majority of the state leans hard left.
The other states you mention have more diversity politically, so their percentages seem more reasonable.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:46 AM

88,731 posts, read 44,496,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Trump supporters seem to hate Warren, because she attacks Trump on twitter.
Wall Street hates Warren because she'll ruin the sweet deal they've had with Obama and subsequently Hillary, if she's elected.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:49 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,320,876 times
They can't stand each other. Hillary would never pick a running mate who is honest. That would undermine the entire point of her presidential ambitions. She's in this for the money and power. Warren might screw that up by calling her out at some point.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
They can't stand each other. Hillary would never pick a running mate who is honest. That would undermine the entire point of her presidential ambitions. She's in this for the money and power. Warren might screw that up by calling her out at some point.
Honest? Not from what I've seen. If Warren had any integrity at all, she would have called out Obama and Hillary LONG ago.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,432,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Afraid she would be overshadowed by a much more likable, more qualified individual than her to the presidency with less egg on her face as VP?
Lol. Are you this naive?

Thousands of calculations went into this. It was discussed by hundreds of people and the calculation was - which person can help her win a swing state; which person will bring in a demographic that she is lacking (white males); bottom line - which candidate is more likely to help her WIN.

Lastly and I HATE to say this - I'm not sure another woman on the ticket would have helped Hillary at this point.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:57 AM

524 posts, read 360,062 times
I think she caught Billy and Warren shagging.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:01 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,652,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Wall Street hates Warren because she'll ruin the sweet deal they've had with Obama and subsequently Hillary, if she's elected.
Yes, pretty much, although that doesn't explain why Trump people have such an irrational hatred for her.

The "Pocahontas" insults explain very little. At some point they have to explain some kind of rational, policy-based reason they harbor such hatred for her. I really do think it is just because she attacks Trump on twitter. I really don't think they have a clue what her policy stances are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Honest? Not from what I've seen. If Warren had any integrity at all, she would have called out Obama and Hillary LONG ago.
Somewhere along the line she became a politician. That is to say -- choosing the lesser of two evils. Keeping her mouth shut for expedience and convenience. Compromising with people you don't agree with, not just charging head-first into everything. Navigating the murky power struggles with some kind of tact, and not letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

In other words, if she criticizes Obama and/or Hillary, she gives ammunition to the Republicans -- who in recent decades have been much more severely pro-Wall Street than Obama or Hillary.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:03 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,594,594 times
Quote:
Yes, pretty much, although that doesn't explain why Trump people have such an irrational hatred for her.

The "Pocahontas" insults explain very little. At some point they have to explain some kind of rational, policy-based reason they harbor such hatred for her. I really do think it is just because she attacks Trump on twitter. I really don't think they have a clue what her policy stances are.
It is not surprising. Most conservative voters have despised her because of her political views, since long before trump was on the scene.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Irrational? No. She lied about her race to enhance her career. "Trump people" have the same reaction in regards to the NCAA's Rachel Dolezal's lies about her race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections