U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:24 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,674,413 times

Advertisements

She just doesn't know how to lose gracefully. You want this person to represent and lead the country. Good Lord.

[Mod edited for content]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 02-19-2008 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 01:27 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 465,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Thank you, BVH, for clarifying this.

You're right; the MSM is becoming less and less credible.
No problem! To be honest, the only reason I even watch the MSM's anymore is to see just how outrageous they can get. The one segment I still like is Dan Abrams where he calls the "Cheapshots, blunders and misstatements" of both Obama and Clinton.

He seems to be the most fair and balanced this week. It changes on a daily basis though. Somebody on his program said the other day that the biggest problem with journalists today is that they all think they are being paid to be analysts.

Remember the good old days when news was presented to us and WE got to interpret it ourselves?

Old 02-19-2008, 01:28 PM

413 posts, read 833,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Thank you, BVH, for clarifying this.

You're right; the MSM is becoming less and less credible.
The official campaign outlet says one thing, and a journalist citing an inside source says another.

I guess I wouldn't consider it clarified yet, but rather undecided.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:29 PM
BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
I'm not sure about the numbers you quoted, but it's not uncommon for a major presidential candidate to dole out lots of money to gubernatorial and congressional campaigns of the same party--even when superdelegates aren't at issue. I guess since Hillary's campaign was nearly bankrupt, and Obama's was breaking more grassroots fundraising records, it stands to reason that his campaign would feel it could afford more help to the congressional campaigns.

A sober decision would be nice.
I was off a little bit: Obama: $694k Clinton $228K.
Superdelegates get campaign cash - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

Old 02-19-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
Remember the good old days when news was presented to us and WE got to interpret it ourselves?

"We report. You decide."

Old 02-19-2008, 01:32 PM
BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
She just doesn't know how to lose gracefully. You want this person to represent and lead the country. Good Lord.
A. Sexism is not cool. The sexism in the media and on this board is getting a little bit out of control. How would you feel if people started saying things like "That N word" should just drop out of the race?

B. She hasn't lost, not even close. In fact, that are virtually tied. Have you forgotten that THREE of the largest Democratic primaries have yet to be held?

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 02-19-2008 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: content

Old 02-19-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
A. She hasn't lost, not even close. In fact, that are virtually tied. Have you forgotten that THREE of the largest Democratic primaries have yet to be held?
B. Sexism is not cool. The sexism in the media and on this board is getting a little bit out of control. How would you feel if people started saying things like "That N word" should just drop out of the race?
Mysogyny at its worst, no?

Old 02-19-2008, 01:34 PM
BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post

"We report. You decide."
LOL. I meant REAL news orgaizations, not puppets of the Bush Administration. There are none left however.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
LOL. I meant REAL news orgaizations, not puppets of the Bush Administration. There are none left however.
I'm just glad that they're actually covering politics instead of teenybopper culture for once.

Then again, every time I've gone to refill on coffee or heat up a meal today, Headline News has shown the latest on Lindsay Lohan.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:38 PM

8,062 posts, read 16,182,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
Wow, as a woman, I can't begin to tell you how offended I am by your post. Yes, I want this person to represent and lead the country and when I see her called this name by you, I realize just how far the country still needs to go in treating women with respect.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 02-19-2008 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: content
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or