Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2016, 09:38 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBear View Post
Under Educated White Men

Who are these people. More than likely they will be your auto mechanic, your plumber, your carpenter, your electrician. The men who work in manufacturing (whats left of it) men who maintain the infrastructure (whats left of it) the men who built the roads, streets, airports, dams, buildings, etc. Yes this even includes the men who serve in the enlisted ranks of the military, the coal miners, and roughnecks. Some of the above people may have a higher education, but I think most do not.
If you want to get into specifics of under educated white men how about the following: Harry S. Truman, Chuck Yeager, the Wright brothers, Thomas Edison to name a few.
I am one of those under educated tradesmen who never went to college and owned my own business. I also worked for developers just like Trump who beat you down on price and found all kinds of ways to back charge you for undisclosed reasons. Just like Trump has done to contractors and suppliers for years.

I am also just smart enough to spot a phony and anybody who has ever worked for a large developer knows that Trump is at the top of the list when it comes to being a phony.

This is one under educated person who is not fooled by Trump.

You can have him.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:43 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,908,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I am one of those under educated tradesmen who never went to college and owned my own business. I also worked for developers just like Trump who beat you down on price and found all kinds of ways to back charge you for undisclosed reasons. Just like Trump has done to contractors and suppliers for years.

I am also just smart enough to spot a phony and anybody who has ever worked for a large developer knows that Trump is at the top of the list when it comes to being a phony.

You can have him.
I wouldn't call you under educated but I agree with everything you said and I don't think Trump supporters are all under educated but are bitter about their situation in life, regardless of their education. I grew up in SF in the 70's and 80's when tradesman like yourself lived next to school principals and doctors. I define all these professions as part of the middle class and the middle class isn't falling for it!

Old 07-29-2016, 09:44 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,743,006 times
Quote:

You can have him.
God. Thank you for saying that! I wish that every working person and every "uneducated" person could be like you!
Being uneducated doesn't mean being unintelligent. I've got 1 year of college but i'm plenty educated and intelligent.
I don't know why more people don't see what you see.
Then it comes down to whether or not people have common sense and emotional intelligence. Maybe that's what's lacking most.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:05 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times
Interesting and hilarious that someone would go so low as to call all Trump voters uneducated. My brother is a Rhodes scholar, Dartmouth and Yale law grad - and I am certain he will vote Trump. I have a degree too (and will vote for Trump) though mine is not as prestigious, but I have loads of life experience. I also qualify as garbage apparently because I am also an 'old woman hag'. That makes me a 'triple loser'?

I guess that the fact that I know HOW to think and DO think is not as good as having been taught WHAT to think. How did I ever waste my life so badly. The shame, the travesty .. such a loss to society I have been.

I may be a Trump voter and obviously my degree and life experience don't count .. but at least I still have a sense of humor and can laugh at the (obviously so mature and erudite) suggestion that I am scum. Too bad I still have a vote. Better luck next time.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Interesting and hilarious that someone would go so low as to call all Trump voters uneducated. My brother is a Rhodes scholar, Dartmouth and Yale law grad - and I am certain he will vote Trump. I have a degree too (and will vote for Trump) though mine is not as prestigious, but I have loads of life experience. I also qualify as garbage apparently because I am also an 'old woman hag'. That makes me a 'triple loser'?

I guess that the fact that I know HOW to think and DO think is not as good as having been taught WHAT to think. How did I ever waste my life so badly. The shame, the travesty .. such a loss to society I have been.

I may be a Trump voter and obviously my degree and life experience don't count .. but at least I still have a sense of humor and can laugh at the (obviously so mature and erudite) suggestion that I am scum. Too bad I still have a vote. Better luck next time.
You can be well educated but still embody the bitterness and nasty tone of the average Trump supporter.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:14 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
do you make it a habit of posting false things on the internet?
Actually, it was on the news tonight that Trump attracted the less educated.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Actually, it was on the news tonight that Trump attracted the less educated.
In general but they are bitter regardless of education level.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:54 PM

652 posts, read 340,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I knew Trump supporters were uneducated, but his is sad, they are easily persuaded and uneducated (no college degree).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ans-heres-why/
I will retire next year after 30 yrs with air traffic control. My pension will be 94k/yr. No college. Most 4 yr degrees are a dime a dozen. Too many grads are pompous d bags. Sound familiar?

Old 07-29-2016, 11:02 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times
Quote:

You can have him.
We'll take him. You can have the corrupt, power hungry, habitual liar who couldn't care less about small business owners.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:03 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
I will retire next year after 30 yrs with air traffic control. My pension will be 94k/yr. No college. Most 4 yr degrees are a dime a dozen. Too many grads are pompous d bags. Sound familiar?

So I assume you're union to make that kind of pension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections