Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 06:43 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times

Advertisements

Trump has never lost a debate in his life.

If the moderators play fair, Trump will win.

If the moderators stack the deck against Trump, a'la skanky Megyn Kelly style, Trump will win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
If Trump can't debate when there is an NFL game on, can't he just have his racist butler DVR it for him and he can watch it after HRC mops the floor with him in the debate?

I don't like missing games either. But I do have DVR...so...
Silly slurs against Trump haven't worked, so let's drag in the butler and trash him!

Who is this butler? His name, please, and proof he's a racist.

Typical liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 06:53 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Trump has never lost a debate in his life.

If the moderators play fair, Trump will win.

If the moderators stack the deck against Trump, a'la skanky Megyn Kelly style, Trump will win.

Silly slurs against Trump haven't worked, so let's drag in the butler and trash him!

Who is this butler? His name, please, and proof he's a racist.

Typical liberal.
First, how can he 'lose' a debate when he starts out talking about his "down there" stuff? He wasn't debating, he was... posturing. A debate assumes that the questions will be addressed in some manner. So, no, he never 'lost', because he never debated.

Secondly, clearly, trump isn't the only one who can't get over such things. The whole "megyn was mean to me" thing has been gone over and over, and he's not any more on the right side of it than he was back when it happened. He coulda just said, 'yeah, I have a problem with certain women, and I can't let it go. that's the way I am about those things.'. Would have been a lot more intelligent than the bashing he did, which made him look pretty infantile. But, then, it wouldn't have garnered him much air time, and had his followers rushing to his defense.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:11 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
It is so funny and sad at the same time. Some people really want him to win.

Most Americans have the same mentality as Trump, that's why they are supporting him.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:13 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
How is Trump going to stand up to foreign adversaries if he's too afraid to show up for a debate?

Just sayin'.

What president other than George Washington or IKE actually did anything "face to face" with their enemy? That is the job of the Sec of State.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:17 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Trump paraphrased: 'Something was said about one debate, I would prefer three debates. Hillary wants them on football night when nobody is watching, I would rather have it on a night where more people would watch.'

Media spin: 'Trump trying to get out of debating Hillary.'

Old 08-01-2016, 08:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Trump paraphrased: 'Something was said about one debate, I would prefer three debates. Hillary wants them on football night when nobody is watching, I would rather have it on a night where more people would watch.'

Media spin: 'Trump trying to get out of debating Hillary.'
Currently there are FOUR debates scheduled. Not all on NFL night.

It's a tactic to get out of debating.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:42 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Most Americans have the same mentality as Trump, that's why they are supporting him.
Exactly. Traditional Democrats and Republicans are finally waking up to the fact that Trump is not waging a political campaign. It is populist in the purest form. No rules and no need to be restrained by facts especially when they are inconvenient. The Trump cult could care less about consistency or flip-flopping or fairness. It's all about winning an election for their King.

I am not sure that "most" Americans have this mentality, but there is no doubt that it is a large percentage. And why would anyone be surprised? Entranced by electronic toys and dumbed-down forms of communication like Facebook and Twitter and Instagram, Americans have in large part lost the ability to read, to reason and to govern themselves in a rational way.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:20 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Default Let's Predict What Excuses Trump Will Come Up With To Get Out of the Debates

I'll start.

I predict Trump will back out because he claims the debates are "rigged" because Gary Johnson and/or Jill Stein aren't included. Know-nothing Trump is rightly terrified of having to face policy wonk Hillary Clinton in a one-on-one match up where he'll have no other people on stage to hide behind or divert attention to. Plus, he would rely on those two actually talking substantive policy ideas with Clinton so he doesn't have to.

A one-on-one with Hillary would only serve to highlight exactly how ignorant Trump is about just about everything the president needs to know and understand. And I think on some level, even Trump knows it.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:22 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,492 times
Him and his team are already doing debate prep.

There will be no backing out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections