Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 10:51 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times

Advertisements

This woman has been through something no one envies. She is brave and strong, and won't be bullied by Trump. I'll be interested to see his response.

"Donald Trump said that maybe I wasn’t allowed to say anything. That is not true. My husband asked me if I wanted to speak, but I told him I could not. My religion teaches me that all human beings are equal in God’s eyes. Husband and wife are part of each other; you should love and respect each other so you can take care of the family.

When Donald Trump is talking about Islam, he is ignorant. If he studied the real Islam and Koran, all the ideas he gets from terrorists would change, because terrorism is a different religion. Donald Trump said he has made a lot of sacrifices. He doesn’t know what the word sacrifice means."

Ghazala Khan: Trump criticized my silence. He knows nothing about true sacrifice.

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Haha... I would think that he doesn't have a sword, more like a paring knife. A cheap, plastic handled, little paring knife, from the dollar store.
Beyong time to fall on the paring knife. Appologise, acknowledge and move on.

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Khan is fair game....he is an arm of the Hillary's camp.......can't use his son's death to get a free pass while he attacks the Republican nominee.

if you are going to inject yourself in the political process while endorsing a candidate don't use your son's death to shut up the opposition......he is fair game!
Khan was being used as a stooge to support the Clinton campaign; he's certainly not the only one (and the Trump campaign did this as well).

My critique isn't so much that Trump can't retaliate, it's that he could have handled it better and may cost himself support over a non-issue. So someone trashed him at the DNC -- that shouldn't be a surprise. It's up to him to respond -- my assessment is he could have handled the response better than he did.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:55 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No different than all the mothers/ parents used by both parties during the convention.

Neither candidate has anything to gain by criticizing the families of the dead.
I agree with you there.

I have watched Trump's interview, I think he did a decent job until he started to question the silence of the grieving mother. He should have just left her alone. Be a bigger person, and learn to pick his battle.

This said, these parents are still in a lot of pain, and it is understandable for them to view all Muslim ban remark as some kind of secondary wound.

I think Mr. Trump at least has the courage to discuss the issue of radical islamic terrorism. Because of this, he has been called "racists" "hateful" etc. Maybe not fair..

I don't know.. I could be wrong, but I think Trump has called Captain Khan a hero.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I'd say that at least a few of us have been in the military, and/or have children in the military, or lost a loved one in the military. How about you?
My husband is a Vietnam veteran He considers Mc Cain a war hero. 5.5 years as a POW means something to most vets. Gold Star families mean something to most vets and their families.

No matter your politics, you just don't go there.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
With all the spin going on here lets look at the reality that CLINTON is the one who got the Muslim mans son KILLED with her vote to go to war.....And TRUMP is the bad guy for defending himself??
The Iraq War Resolution was sold to Congress as a " 5 day, 5 week, no more than a 5 month" effort. Hillary and most Republicans voted in favot of it. So did VP nominee, Pence.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:05 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
well, vote 3rd party then

Old 07-31-2016, 11:08 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Donald trump is right when he said we need to put a temporary ban on Muslims till the Jihad is sorted out. The problem is, he is 20 years too early with this suggestion. US needs to burn further before ordinary Americans wake up to the problems with Islam.

The Democrats have cherry picked this Muslim family to make Trump look like a fool for saying anything negative about Muslims.

The problem is that you cannot separate a Muslim who is a good human, who rejects the teachings of Islam as followed and taught by Muhammad, and a bad human who follows Islam exactly as Muhammad did.
The Challenge – Faithfreedom.org

As a Liberal, I see that there are 50+ Muslim countries which are hell-holes for Women, LGBT, and Minorities, and I am well aware that as a Muslim population percentage grows, the security and rights of these three groups plummet.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:10 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,287 times
Default Never Say Mr Trump Never Read The Constitution!

We are distraught over the loss if the muslim gentleman who spoke at the DNC . The grief of losing
his son is shared far more than I can describe . We are sad for the mother and family naturally.What the grieving father said though in his attack on Trump will ALWAYS be met with Trump countering like a bull in a China shop. To say Trump never read the constitution is a lie and if your going to be complicit in nailing Trump as the DNC attempted he will eat your lunch not as a bully but as a man that only tolerates justice, truth and facts. Don't be suckers for these spin doctors who have produced the rants yet be thankful that we have the freedom to skin Trump alive whether fair or not. Trump will not soften his per-sona for boo hooing la la land voters who in the first place have zero interest in the state of America, but somehow find Hillary a princess. (. Please hand her her broomstick!!!)

Old 07-31-2016, 11:15 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Donald trump is right when he said we need to put a temporary ban on Muslims till the Jihad is sorted out. The problem is, he is 20 years too early with this suggestion. US needs to burn further before ordinary Americans wake up to the problems with Islam.

The Democrats have cherry picked this Muslim family to make Trump look like a fool for saying anything negative about Muslims.

The problem is that you cannot separate a Muslim who is a good human, who rejects the teachings of Islam as followed and taught by Muhammad, and a bad human who follows Islam exactly as Muhammad did.
The Challenge – Faithfreedom.org

As a Liberal, I see that there are 50+ Muslim countries which are hell-holes for Women, LGBT, and Minorities, and I am well aware that as a Muslim population percentage grows, the security and rights of these three groups plummet.

I think you're spot on with your comments. Unfortunately for all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections