Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 07:45 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
What has Hillary sacrificed?
You know, it is not a contest.
Trump thought is was a contest and he had to out sacrifice the Khans.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:46 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Her soul and integrity...

Well, that was a contract...............

Old 07-31-2016, 07:49 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,365,973 times
Nothing. Lets face it, it was a good emotional speech, great for TV but nothing substantial and a jab back to Particia's Smith's RNC speech.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:52 PM

500 posts, read 319,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Hillary Clinton sacrificed her time and life to serve on non-profit and wellness organizations for children and families, some of which she founded.

For decades, she volunteered her time for all of the following while holding down a full-time job:

- She founded the Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families.
- She served as chair for the Legal Service Corporation, a non-profit founded by Congress.
- She served as chair for the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee.
- She lead the effort for education reform in Arkansas.
- She wrote two ground-breaking legal papers that changed the way the judicial system handled children.
- She served as board of director for the New World Foundation, a organization that promotes Civil Rights and community projects.
- She founded Save America's Treasures - an organization that seek to preserve and protect historic artifacts including arts and buildings.

If Trump did anything remotely close to sacrificing his time for the well being of others, I'd like to know about it.

This is what Tim Kaine meant when he said in his speech that you can judge the character of a person by how devoted that person is in helping others. Hillary literally has over four decades of helping others.

Was that before or after she completely destroyed a little 12 year girl (who was raped by a monster) on the stand...and then this evil old b/witch went on to actually laugh about getting the monster off?

Old 07-31-2016, 07:53 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeasher View Post
Or Bill for that matter, or George Bush or even Reagan???

C'mon please this Khan guy is getting way more credit than he deserves. Plus Hillary is completely using him for her advantage (which is worse than anything Trump does). She doesn't care about him nor his sacrifices. And she she as heck hasn't made any sacrifices. Wait--she raised her daughter I'm sorry. Well Trump HAS worked pretty darn hard and that is in fact a sacrifice. He could have been a big slob and a failure and waste his dad's wealth. I consider that a sacrifice that benefited many people and their families (just ask them).
I was just thinking about this too. The media is making his convention speech a huge thing and it seems she is trying to make it a huge thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Neither Trump or Hillary have sacrificed anything. That's the whole point.

Meanwhile Trump seems to think that he has sacrificed -- which would be a total and complete lie.
While I agree with neither sacrificed anything, I wonder if Trump is thinking in general. Family, work etc. For example, my dad worked a factory job that went on strike every few years. He would sacrifice his time with us to work side jobs to make sure we still had a roof over our heads, food and the necessities we needed. I could be wrong though.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:55 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeasher View Post
Trump;s biggest accomplishment is not even his money and empire, it is his beautiful successful and well raised 6 children. All very mature, beautiful, smart and well engaged citizen. I am impressed with his example and role model to make these successful kids.
6??? I believe it's 5 -- the 3 that are well-known, Tiffany (who spoke at RNC but was nervous), and Baron the youngest (aka the tallest 9/10 year-old ever).

Old 07-31-2016, 07:58 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Hillary 's,sacrifice is that she had to show up and hold speeches to scam the pulic for charity money.

Must have been very exhausting for dead broke with debt first lady.
Her sacrifice is having to actually campaign and interact with people she wouldn't otherwise touch with a 10-foot pole in order to win the Presidency and continue to line her pockets through her slush fund, errr charity.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
It is very sad that the Khan's lost their son in Iraq (which by the way Hillary voted to send troops). We are a military family, four generations, currently three that have served at least 20 years. When the son joined the military he took the oath to defend the Constitution. The majority who serve know they might lose their lives defending this country. For Hillary to "use" the Khan's heartbreak to mud-sling at Trump is disgusting.
Her own husband, Bill, former President, was a draft dodger. She has no empathy for the Khan family, only herself a manipulator of them and the people that vote for her.
Is this the part where we pull out the military card? Excellent! I love this part because my family has served this country since the Revolutionary War, I'm a card carrying member of the DAR and I win every time.

Donald Trump isn't fit to wipe the boots of the men and women who have served this great country. Were he a decent human being instead of a lying self-promoter who wouldn't know an Abrams Tank from Abraham Lincoln, he would man-up and apologize to the Kahn family.

But he's not a decent human being....so that will never happen.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:40 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
When one can't answer the question, one uses goofy words in the hopes of sounding smart.

The guy was being used. And badly, I might add.

The old hag hasn't sacrificed a single thing. She has been well paid all her life whilst sucking the government teat. Every job she's held she's either messed up or was fired.
Goofy words. That's golden. Support the troops. Support the troops. Hear it from Republicans all the time. Guess it's just "different" when Trump insults a family who lost their child. Unbelievable. You people are incredible.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:42 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Like Conservative's cared about Chelsea's dignity when Limbaugh was calling her "a dog" as a teenager?
Mmm hmmm. That was "different".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections