Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 05:26 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times

Advertisements

Voters now confronted with the choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are making something abundantly clear: they want another option.

Pollsters and political scientists say the deep malcontent with Clinton and Trump should give both candidates pause.

Third-party support surging | TheHill

I don't see Trump or Hillary being able to do anything to reverse this trend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 05:28 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,705,440 times
the 3rd party votes all mean votes for one of the top 2 candidates, 3rd party w zero chance to win, so those wasted votes just affect the election....now, HOW it affects the election is anyone's guess.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:37 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,333,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Voters now confronted with the choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are making something abundantly clear: they want another option.

Pollsters and political scientists say the deep malcontent with Clinton and Trump should give both candidates pause.

Did you consider Johnson? Why do you prefer Stein overall??

Old 07-31-2016, 05:38 PM

8,609 posts, read 10,139,218 times
I'm a little confused about the polling numbers. The article states that Gary Johnson was hovering around 7.2% and that he needs 15% in order to enter the debates and that "experts" didn't believe he would do so. I thought Gary Johnson was already hovering around 13% the past couple of weeks. Of course, I also do not believe any of the CNN polling because (IMO) their reputation took a dump along with the DNC.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:40 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

I have my reservations about Hillary but nothing has me running back to her corner more than Trump and his supporters.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Did you consider Johnson? Why do you prefer Stein overall??
I absolutely considered Johnson. I was the "official" photographer for the WV Libertarian convention.

Libertarian Convention - Album on Imgur

I met Johnson and Petersen. I was highly dissapointed in his pick of Weld and flopping in support for TPP.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
I have my reservations about Hillary but nothing has me running back to her corner more than Trump and his supporters.
A lot of people will do that. I would prefer to vote for someone I actually support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections