Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump Crazy or a Genius?
Crazy 66 66.67%
Genius 33 33.33%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 11:21 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times

Advertisements

DeGassed?

Old 08-03-2016, 11:36 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He has the needy personality of a 6 year old who needs to be the center of attention 24/7 or he gets cranky. Not crazy for a 6 year old but a 70 year old?
All politicians are like that. Who else would put themselves through this process if they didn't have the same need? The difference is that Trump says what's on his mind while the politicians say what their consultants tell them to say.

I'm not advocating for Trump, but it is refreshing to see a politician who isn't afraid.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:40 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
All politicians are like that. Who else would put themselves through this process if they didn't have the same need? The difference is that Trump says what's on his mind while the politicians say what their consultants tell them to say.

I'm not advocating for Trump, but it is refreshing to see a politician who isn't afraid.
What you're seeing is a politician who is completely tone deaf to basic human societal decorum, such as not insulting dead soldiers and their families. He's "not afraid" to cross lines of basic norms because he is a sociopath and simply does not comprehend concepts like empathy for others and tact in terms of the insult fights he picks.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:30 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What you're seeing is a politician who is completely tone deaf to basic human societal decorum, such as not insulting dead soldiers and their families. He's "not afraid" to cross lines of basic norms because he is a sociopath and simply does not comprehend concepts like empathy for others and tact in terms of the insult fights he picks.
Oh, whatever! The Khans aren't more special than anyone else just because their son died in the war. Because 0.2% of Muslims fight in our wars, we have to let millions of people from the worst cultures in the world here?

I think Trump was wrong to pick that fight, but Clinton lied to Sean Smith's and Tyrone Woods' parents and to the American people, while their flag-draped coffins were nearby. And called them liars. Everything Trump says is magnified a thousand-fold, while Hillary Clinton gets a pass for lying, being irresponsible with classified material, and very shady pay-to-play deals as related to speaking fees and Clinton Foundation donations.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:46 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
I abstained from voting on this poll because trump is neither crazy nor genius!

He is the product of privileged affluence who [still] acts like the spoiled little brat he possibly was as a child.

He's the guy who grew up accustomed to being the center of attraction everywhere he went and goes; kinda like "the pretty girl" we all went to high school with who could say or do no wrong, simply because she was "the pretty girl."

Well, guess what trumpy boy, you ain't no girl, and you'ze damn sure ain't pretty! So please, do some of us marginally conservatives a GREAT favour . . . SHUT THE F_CK UP ALREADY! YOU'RE KILLING WHAT LITTLE'S LEFT OF THE GOP!

Old 08-04-2016, 07:51 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Both.
Agree. About like Reagan: A corrupt simpleton who's obliviousness and lack of morals is enough to allow him to get things done without the constraints of truth or morals (or in Reagan's case, memory).

Unlike Reagan, I think Trump will be a disaster. (I do believe that Reagan's naive and simple approach was very effective. He had a good vision, with no capacity or desire for details. The difference is that at least Reagan had a vision. Trump has none.)

Old 08-04-2016, 07:53 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Lightbulb Is Trump Crazy or a Genius?

He's neither. In Drumpfworld, it's always all about him.

Just an egomaniac.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:56 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Oh, whatever! The Khans aren't more special than anyone else just because their son died in the war. Because 0.2% of Muslims fight in our wars, we have to let millions of people from the worst cultures in the world here?

I think Trump was wrong to pick that fight, but Clinton lied to Sean Smith's and Tyrone Woods' parents and to the American people, while their flag-draped coffins were nearby. And called them liars. Everything Trump says is magnified a thousand-fold, while Hillary Clinton gets a pass for lying, being irresponsible with classified material, and very shady pay-to-play deals as related to speaking fees and Clinton Foundation donations.
How do you get that she lied? It's been investigated how many times? By Republican Panels who are foaming at the mouth to get her? And by our own system, she is innocent in the eyes of the law.

With 20/20 hindsight, I'm sure it would have played out different, but people make quick decisions and they are not always right. That is different than what she is accused of.

Lawyers and prosecutors (with an agenda and a vengeance) found no guilt, so tell me again how you know more than they do? Give it a rest already.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Let it be known! What do you think? Is Trump crazy or a genius!?
With $12 Billion in his bank account he's definitely not crazy..
Genius? he's said nothing to date that would make me think he qualifies as a genius.
IMO a more appropriate term to describe the man might be Ahole.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:23 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Both.
I agree. Lots of crazy people who have done evil things are both crazy and genius. The Unabomber to name one, Ted Kaczynski, and that Oklahoma bomber who blew up the IRS building, Timothy McVeigh. However, Trump is not smart enough to pass a world history test given to a fifth grader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections