Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 01:27 AM

766 posts, read 1,254,386 times

Advertisements

Hillary really blew it not enlisting Warren, two females would have been mighty badass. Kaine is too soft spoken and boring. Pence is not even on my radar considering how insignificant he is compared to his running mate. What do yall think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 01:33 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Hillary really blew it not enlisting Warren, two females would have been mighty badass. Kaine is too soft spoken and boring. Pence is not even on my radar considering how insignificant he is compared to his running mate. What do yall think?
Pence scares the hell out of me, and has well before he was announced as Trump's VP running mate. I'm OK with Kaine. My friends well to the left of me were throwing fits about him when he was announced. I don't understand the "boring" issue.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:50 AM

1,043 posts, read 899,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post

Not a fan of either.
Kaine is pro TPP, pro fracking and offshore drilling, and wants to deregulate banks. Not a fan

Pence. Not a fan with him working against the LGBT community. Otherwise he seems fine and I'm willing to overlook it because Trump will be in charge.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:17 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Pence scares the hell out of me, and has well before he was announced as Trump's VP running mate. I'm OK with Kaine. My friends well to the left of me were throwing fits about him when he was announced. I don't understand the "boring" issue.
Kaine is a puppet of Wall Street though. What's so great about that? Isnt it time that America joins the rest of the civilized world and guarantees 2 weeks paid vacation for all workers, paid family and medical leave and a national health care system? These should be basic rights for Americans like they are for the rest of the developed world.

I fail to see what's so great about drug companies running the health care policy and Wall Street running the economic policy of America. They dont have the best interests of the American people at heart.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:31 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Who?

I forgot 'em already.

Last edited by jamies; 08-01-2016 at 02:43 AM..

Old 08-01-2016, 02:32 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Never heard of either before but I do like what I've heard from both....but at the end of the day, maybe 1% vote because of the VP.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:45 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Kaine is a puppet of Wall Street though. What's so great about that? Isnt it time that America joins the rest of the civilized world and guarantees 2 weeks paid vacation for all workers, paid family and medical leave and a national health care system? These should be basic rights for Americans like they are for the rest of the developed world.

I fail to see what's so great about drug companies running the health care policy and Wall Street running the economic policy of America. They dont have the best interests of the American people at heart.
Valid point. I think Kaine was picked as a "centrist". Trump's campaign has gone so far right (and I don't even know that Trump is that far right, he just babbles whatever!). I feel threatened as a woman and a mother to a gay kid by Pence. Why did Trump choose someone so socially radical? Point being, I suspect Kaine was chosen because he is not far left and perhaps those in the center might relate.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:13 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
the VP pick is not one that is supposed to overshadow the lead candidate on the ticket, thus the choice of pence and kaine. very few people take the VP candidate into account when they vote, so basically you want a VP candidate that stands up with the pres candidate and shows solidarity.

for clinton that was kaine. he isnt going to overshadow her, and will be like biden, but without the verbal gaffes.

for trump, pence was a great choice since he has political experience that trump lacks, and can help trump navigate the rough waters of washington should he get elected president. but pence will also be great help to trump during the campaign as he can come in behind trump and smooth out issues that pop up because of what trump says.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:12 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
I think they're pretty good choices for both parties. Pence is a solid and reliable conservative who has brought influential conservatives into the Trump camp. Ditto for Kaine.

A Warren speech is like a bad migraine for most of us. Unless you're one of the faithful she is shrill and hectoring. Hillary's speaking style is bad enough, but the combination of her and Hillary would have most of America muting their televisions.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:22 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
This. Pence is scary IMO.

I like Kaine. He seems really excited to be the VP nominee and a nice guy. I see why Hilly Clinton picked him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections