Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 06:21 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Don't disagree with you but Trump (now that he's the GOP nominee for President) has to be able to spot the Democrats' tactics from a mile away and not take the bait. Khan was a hatchet man sent out there to goad Trump but Trump didn't have to attack him. He could have stayed silent (including Twitter) and waited for his PR people to issue a statement like they did yesterday (which, IMO, wasn't great but > than what Trump said/tweeted).

The Democrats' playbook is so predictable, Trump shouldn't fall for any of their tricks (which aren't even tricks if you're paying attention).
There's only one "trick" the Democrats have, but it's the only one they ever need against Trump. They bait a hook and dangle it in front of him. He takes it every single time.

Why would anyone vote for a man who is so stupid he takes the bait again and again and again? It's like he's incapable of learning.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:22 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If Trump had shut up there wouldn't be a flame war. What part of that do you not understand? Hillary was insulted for four days straight two weeks ago. You would have been hard pressed to know it was supposed to be a convention about Trump, as he was hardly mentioned in that anti-Hillary slamfest. And yeah, a lot of those insults "cut deep," as you put it. Yet she didn't spend the next three days reaming all of those speakers, and she especially didn't say a word about the Benghazi mother and her grief. Not a word.

Surprise! No extended media coverage! See how it's done? That's what being presidential is.

The big meanie! Poor widdle Donnie got his widdle feelings hurt.

Yeah, that's presidential all right.
trump hasn't shut up for the past year, do you know how many times he's unloaded on someone? hundreds if not thousands, none of those situations turned into a full blown donnybrook pun intended. also the insults hillary got hit with were true, the ones trump gets hit with are just fabricated.

381 posts, read 177,135 times
I think Trump should have let this one go because he was going to be criticized regardless of what he said, but I still think the Democrats have given a very dishonest narrative here. Most Americans respect those who serve our country irrespective of the soldier's race, gender or religion, but that doesn't change the fact that we are letting people into our country without the proper background checks needed. Immigrants and non-immigrants alike have to go through background checks before we let them in. Western countries are letting in people who despise their way of life, their culture and are turning these countries into the countries they escaped or left from. Trump wants to prevent these people from coming into the U.S. so that ALL Americans are protected. Islamic terrorism is a problem--slyly playing on people's emotions isn't going to resolve this.

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Who is this "Mr. Hassan"? Do you mean Mr. Khan? Mr. Khan is not a lawyer.

Details matter.
You are correct - Details DO Matter.

Of course Khizr Khan is a Lawyer - how did you miss that?

Khizr Khan Has Previously Written Extensively On Sharia Law
Khizr Khan, the Muslim father of a slain American soldier, is an attorney who has previously written in a law journal about Islamic law. He specifically wrote about the purity of the Quran and the Sunnah over all other texts and interpretations.

Khan wrote “Juristic Classification Of Islamic Law” in the Houston Journal of International Law in 1983. In it he breaks down different levels of Islamic law. Khan writes that the Quran and the Sunnah which were both directly created by the Muslim prophet Muhammad were the only sources in Muhammad’s lifetime that “were recognized as binding.”

The attorney has law degrees from Punjab University in Pakistan and Harvard University.

He previously worked for a Law Firm doing business for the Clinton Foundation (and donated mega bucks to Clinton) - his current practice is as an Immigration Attorney to facilitate Muslim Immigrants into the USA.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:23 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,926,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
And how he behaves absolutely is a factor. We are in an election. We are deciding who will be the next President of the United States. Every single thing a candidate says or does during this time is a reflection of how they will perform in that capacity. And Trump is performing like a petulant child who really has no clue what he's going to do other than throw around cheap slogans and insults.
So how do you judge Hillary's actions? Is being caught in whopper (Wash Post) not toooo bad?

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
the media keeps it on the front burner though, if they didnt talk about it, we wouldn't be talking about it.
So now you want the media to ignore Trump? Donnie wouldn't like that.

6,131 posts, read 7,981,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
that's your right to believe, you could be entirely correct, he may do squat as president, but at this very moment, all i care about is action. hillary won't 'act' in any way other than keeping the fat cats feet warm and status quo stuff, trump may very well do the same, who's to say what's going to happen, i'm 'handicapping' the election and from my perspective, it seems that the odds trump will create some kind of 'change' seems better than hillary creating change. i'm going with the 'change' candidate because i'm pretty sure we need a bunch of changes around here.
The only change he's going to create is to severely diminish the stature of the United States in the world, if not do more serious damage. Sadly, he's doing that already and he isn't even in office.

Change for the sake of change is not a goal, its anarchy. I'm all for positive change, but I don't see any of that coming from Trump. Quite the opposite.

16,579 posts, read 20,696,519 times
[quote=wall st kid;44978814]he's not showing us anything of the sort, he's trying to win an election, why would you think this has anything to do with how the country gets run?

also, how he 'behaves' isn't a factor at all, all that matters is ACTION. words aren't going to build walls and keep jobs and protect our vets and so on and so forth.[/QUOTE]

Neither is Trump.

You need to give it ip. Trump is acting like he always has and always will. You can't Trumpsplain this away.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:24 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,981,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
So how do you judge Hillary's actions? Is being caught in whopper not (Wash Post) not toooo bad?
You are not going to get me to defend her. I don't like her either. I just don't think she will do the damage Trump will.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:24 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
Although Trumps comments about McCain might have been nasty they were very truthful. John McCain is no war hero. McCain is just a tired washed up two faced lying career politician who needs to be put out to pasture.

Someone crashing 3 planes due to inexperience in flying and then ending up as a prison of war for 5 years is not a hero but rather an embarrassment.

You want to know what a real war hero is, Audie Murphy was a real war hero !
Yes, there is huge controversy on McCain. I did the research: John McCain Has a Bizarre History of Hiding Evidence About His Fellow POWs | Alternet and McCain and the POW Cover-Up | The American Conservative, kind of looks like the real heros were left behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Geez, with this statement here, you must be personally advising Trump. No wonder his numbers are tanking and he's going from stupid controversy to stupider controversy to just lamebrain controversy.
Read the articles on your hero, McCain and once you have the facts, feel free to talk from an educated position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.