Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 05:49 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Dweller View Post
Before I begin, I'll have to mention something, the Khans' son, Humayun Khan, deserves all the honor for serving in the U.S. Military and dying to protect our country, as do all the other men and women who served.

Now on to the topic, Khizr Khan's speech at the convention last week was a pathetic attempt by the Democratic party to gain favor with the American people. He made the implication that if Trump were president, he and his family would not be in this country. Well, I'd like to remind Mr. Khan that the America he immigrated to in 1980 was a completely different country, and we did not have ISIS to worry about infiltrating the refugee population coming into America from countries that support terrorist groups. I'll ask you Mr. Khan, would you allow muslim refugees, with unknown backgrounds, to stay at your house or live in your neighborhood, without fully vetting them to determine if they had any ties to ISIS or other radical Islamic terrorist groups?

I'll have to remind Mr. Khan also that questioning Mr. Trump's knowledge of the U.S. Constitution and offering to give him a copy of it was unwarranted. You are supporting a candidate who will only continue Obama's ongoing effort to destroy the U.S. Constitution and the freedoms it stands for, the same constitution your son fought and died for.
Totally agree, it was disingenuous at best, same for the media who covered this story like this guy was mother teresa.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:52 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He just didnt say she didn't speak, he speculated she wasn't allowed to speak...
IKR!?

Want to know what Trump thinks of women? Just ask him:

"The joy he takes in humiliating women is not something he (Trump) even bothers to disguise. He told the journalist Timothy L. O’Brien, “My favorite part [of the movie Pulp Fiction] is when Sam has his gun out in the diner and he tells the guy to tell his girlfriend to shut up. Tell that b**** to be cool. Say: ‘B**** be cool.’ I love those lines.” Or as he elegantly summed up his view to New York magazine in the early ’90s, “Women, you have to treat them like s***.”

Donald Trump has one core philosophy: misogyny

So, his criticism is laughable to say the least.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:53 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
You just cannot leave it be, can you? Dear Lord, you think digging for dirt will somehow make this idiocy look better? Orange Julius Caesar made a bone-headed move, and you're making it worse. Not better. Worse. If it wasn't for stark tragedy of the loss of a young mand and the fact that Khan is probably going to have to start worrying for his physical safety, this would be unadulterated fun to watch.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:54 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
IKR!?

Want to know what Trump thinks of women? Just ask him:

"The joy he takes in humiliating women is not something he (Trump) even bothers to disguise. He told the journalist Timothy L. O’Brien, “My favorite part [of the movie Pulp Fiction] is when Sam has his gun out in the diner and he tells the guy to tell his girlfriend to shut up. Tell that b**** to be cool. Say: ‘B**** be cool.’ I love those lines.” Or as he elegantly summed up his view to New York magazine in the early ’90s, “Women, you have to treat them like s***.”

Donald Trump has one core philosophy: misogyny

So, his criticism is laughable to say the least.
more lies. reflects badly on you for posting them, not him.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:56 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Totally agree, it was disingenuous at best, same for the media who covered this story like this guy was mother teresa.
Boohoo...the media! The media! Shoot the messenger since the message offends you. What? Not enough Fox News, Limbaugh, Drudge, etc. etc. etc. for you? I feel real bad that you can't locate news sources that confirm your world view on the Internet. Maybe a lesson on using google might help.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:57 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
more lies. reflects badly on you for posting them, not him.
More lies and trumpsplaining from you. Sad that that's all you can do with NO backup to try to even remotely substantiate your point. Such a poor reflection on you that you continue to support him after you even hear or read HIS OWN WORDS. Tsk, tsk, tsk... TTFN

Old 08-02-2016, 06:01 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Another Metal of Honor winner---this one Sarah Palin's son-in-law---has come out to say that Trump needs to apologize to the Khan family.

OOPS! Sarah Palin's Son-In-Law Just Went Off On Donald Trump | Crooks and Liars

Old 08-02-2016, 06:04 PM

590 posts, read 554,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I get what you're saying, but I think you're misrepresenting what Mr. Khan is saying.

It's fair to say that he's a good enough man. The *******s who say otherwise because of how he votes are, in my mind, 100% less American than Mr. Khan and deserving of no respect. I'm hoping few would say he's a bad person though. And certainly, on one denies that when we bring immigrants in, we should only want good people. The problem with Trump's plan is that it indiscriminately ban immigrants from a certain area. What he is saying is that if Mr. Khan were to immigrate to America in 2017, post Trump election, he would not get in. He'd be forced to stay in his home land where he'd likely either A) die or B) be pressured into supporting the radicals, thus Trump's plan becomes slightly counterproductive.

There are plenty of things to be critical of with Mr. Khan, but I think you need to fairly assess what he was saying by addressing his point.
I don't have the exact text of Mr. Khan's speech, but I saw one portion where he implied that Donald Trump would not have allowed him into this country until he and his family were fully vetted. Like many other immigrants prior to the rise of radical Islam and ISIS, when Mr. Khan came into this country 36 years ago, there was no reason to worry about immigrants, we welcomed everyone, and we still do, but unfortunately, things have changed since then and we have no choice to be watchful of everyone who comes into the United States from the countries that support terrorists, otherwise we'll start seeing the same attacks that took place in France, and Brussels, take place here in the United States.

I agree, it's not a good feeling to be forced to stay in his home land and wait to be fully vetted, but for Khan to make the insinuation that Mr. Trump wants to ban him and other Muslims from this country was uncalled for and untrue.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:06 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
We are a completely different country than 1980 for many reasons Trump chose to single out Muslims. The US has the most violence of any civilized country yet Muslims are the primary issue.

When are they going to move on to a reasonable debate on the real issues.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:06 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Dweller View Post
I don't have the exact text of Mr. Khan's speech, but I saw one portion where he implied that Donald Trump would not have allowed him into this country until he and his family were fully vetted. Like many other immigrants prior to the rise of radical Islam and ISIS, when Mr. Khan came into this country 36 years ago, there was no reason to worry about immigrants, we welcomed everyone, and we still do, but unfortunately, things have changed since then and we have no choice to be watchful of everyone who comes into the United States from the countries that support terrorists, otherwise we'll start seeing the same attacks that took place in France, and Brussels, take place here in the United States.

I agree, it's not a good feeling to be forced to stay in his home land and wait to be fully vetted, but for Khan to make the insinuation that Mr. Trump wants to ban him and other Muslims from this country was uncalled for and untrue.
Mr. Khan is just one DNC pay-to-play lawyer: Panic Mode: Khizr Khan Deletes Law Firm Website that Specialized in Muslim Immigration | Matzav.com! That is the Khan they don't want us to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections