Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 07:07 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,552,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The primary is not an actual election. It is a party preference contest. Many states don't even have them and use caucuses. I thought you were talking about elections.
Oh, so fraud during a primary is okay, but during the general it's not okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 07:09 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Oh, so fraud during a primary is okay, but during the general it's not okay?
Good grief you are ridiculous, there was no fraud during the primary. Hillary won, Bernie lost. Get over it. I voted for and donated to Bernie but I can admit that he lost. It's a basic fact.

I hate Trump but I admit he won the primary fair and square.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Good grief you are ridiculous, there was no fraud during the primary. Hillary won, Bernie lost. Get over it. I voted for and donated to Bernie but I can admit that he lost. It's a basic fact.
Sure about that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5ugmNoanx8

Old 08-01-2016, 07:15 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Sure about that?
Bernie lost every single major population state except Michigan. California was hardly an abnormality. It was the norm. He just didn't appeal to a broad enough spectrum of people.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:20 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
What with North Carolina's voter ID law being struck down as racially discriminatory, this election will likely see a lot of voter fraud...
What makes you think there will be a lot of voter fraud? From the court ruling: "the State has failed to identify even a single individual who has ever been charged with committing in-person voter fraud in North Carolina."

http://electionlawblog.org/wp-conten...ads/nc-4th.pdf

Old 08-01-2016, 07:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
What with North Carolina's voter ID law being struck down as racially discriminatory, this election will likely see a lot of voter fraud. Granted, the law had some other provisions to prevent early voting, but we need ID for many things these days. Just had a store ask me for ID yesterday even though I used my credit card to buy something that was less than $10, but yet asking voters to prove they are who they claim to be is putting a strain on minority communities.
Explain to me how someone can commit voter fraud at the polls and why that person would care enough to commit a federal crime when most people don't even give a rat's behind.

By the way, I support voter ID laws as long as they don't make it difficult for certain people to obtain one. I really don't know anyone who doesn't have some kind of photo ID, but the law in NC was passed specifically to target poor Black communities. IIRC, the NC voter ID law also prevented students from using school IDs. Since young people & first time voters are more likely to vote Democrat...well, it's a little obvious.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:32 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
If you don't think the system is rigged, you are crazier than Trump. People pushing for Hillary are going to be very, very sorry if she wins and starts taking away your freedoms and selling out your kids futures to the elites.

You will have no one to blame but yourselves and will have thrown away the country your parents and grandparents fought for.
We've heard this before. It's been eight years, I'm certain that Obama has already destroyed the republic so completely as predicted that there is really nothing even left fighting for. Or was there and continue to be just a wee bit of hyperbole going on here?

He took all the guns away, right?

Old 08-01-2016, 07:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Bernie lost every single major population state except Michigan. California was hardly an abnormality. It was the norm. He just didn't appeal to a broad enough spectrum of people.
Exactly! He won small states and caucuses. Anyway, the way a state votes isn't determined by the DNC or RNC.

States by Population .... Out of the top 12, I can only find one that Bernie Sanders won.

Calif
Texas
New York
Florida
Illinois
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Georgia
Michigan
North Carolina
New Jersey
Virginia

Old 08-01-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Didn't watch it. Okay, it's not easy to accept the fact that your vote is not secure like we've been taught since elementary school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs81CveswSM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESyXvGLMIS0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2togSItA77E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynbA3OWinYY

Fraction Magic – Part 1: Votes are being counted as fractions instead of as whole numbers | BlackBoxVoting.org

Alabama Democratic Primary Proves New York Times

Old 08-01-2016, 07:57 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
In the era of voter fraud in some places, I can understand Trump's frustration. On the other hand, while so many don't like Hillary, I just don't think the Democrats are going to be in full force with their scheming and plotting like they were in 2012.

That said, I think there are still a lot of dissatisfied and frustrated Americans who will show up at the polls and vote for Trump. Why? Because people are sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections