Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 03:18 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Hilliary is more likely to keep us engaged in wars.
That might be true...better to elect Trump and end humanity as we know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 03:23 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Bumper sticker seen today as I was coming home from an errand...

Giant Meteor 2016: Just end it already

Have to admit that it gave me a chuckle!

Old 08-01-2016, 03:44 PM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Or, "I didn't know having my own private pink server in my spare bathroom in the basement, full of State Department emails was illegal. Didn't realize that many Americans might find this treasonous or that MSMBC would try to paint Trump as the traitor instea...............................

I can not believe that so many folks think that one should be a professional politician in order to be a politician. That is one reason why our lousy two party system stinks. We need more business people, more people who work for a living. We do not need pretenders any longer, above all no more influence peddlers!

One of the only reasons Clinton could use that argument was that Powell also had a private account.

I think there is also a line between being a lifetime politician and having any government experience whatsoever. Someone with higher level military ranks, cabinet secretaries and even one term governors fulfill my general need for some experience. I think 10-20 year Senators have typically grown too stale in that body to really be good Presidents. And House members are typically too beholden to a narrow district to really make a play on a larger scale. Aside form Bush Sr who had a very varied political and private sector career our other recent Presidents really maxxed out at 10 years of high profile positions- Reagan had 8 years a governor, Clinton 10 years a governor, Bush 6 years as governor and Obama 4 years as senator (I don't consider time as a state legislator applicable.

I feel like Powell and Rice with about 8 years each in appointed roles would be qualified. As would Bloomberg who was a mayor of a city larger than most states (on top of his business success.)

Old 08-01-2016, 03:46 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
That might be true...better to elect Trump and end humanity as we know it.
D or R it really matters not, but don't you forget to vote now.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:02 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Hilliary is more likely to keep us engaged in wars.
I think both of them are equally capable of doing that. Trump can't manage to let the Cruz snub or Gold Star family go without opening his trap.

Up to Congress to go along/ fund or not.

The Iraq Resolution was sold to Congress as "a 5 day, 5 week, no more than 5 month" initiative. 6 years later it cost the US $6 Trillion, when interest on debt and Veteran benefits are factored in.

No shortage of people who blame Obama for ISIS given the completion of the troop withdrawal in 2011. They seem to ignore that this withdrawal was based on an agreement between the Bush Admin and Iraq and Iraq was not interested in an extension.

The US spent years and $ Trillions training the Iraqi military. When the bad guys came, they either shed their uniforms and ran or joined ISIS.

I prefer a flat War Tax be imposed on every American, including low income, no income, 501(3) C orgs, disabled, seniors and minors. Cut SS, SSDI, TANF, SNAP and child tax credits. Everyone should feel the financial pinch of war.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:10 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,781,043 times
I am sitting this one out as I do not like either candidate and don't feel like I am qualified to make this decision on which direction the country should go.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:24 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,286,072 times
Trump is plain stupid.
I wouldn't trust him with my car.
Looks like he got this idea of as long as he's in the news, regardless of why he's in the news, he's popular.

Donald Trump's bad 72 hours - CNNPolitics.com

Quote:
(CNN)By any conventional standard, Donald Trump just blundered through the worst three days of any presidential candidate in living memory.
"Donald Trump has tangled with the family of a slain soldier."
"He also said Putin wouldn't invade the Ukraine, though he already has."

Old 08-01-2016, 04:56 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Republicans are trying to rig the election now!!111!!!

Old 08-01-2016, 05:10 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,899,635 times
I disagree. Despite the rhetoric played up by both sides, I think both parties are mostly behind their own candidates. But, I don't think most independents, which I am one, are sold on either candidate. That's who Trump needs to win over, and so far he has not been successful enough.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:32 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,139 times
"A lot of GOP not backing Trump"

And a lot of Demos not supporting Clinton. What's your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections