Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 03:41 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
It turns out that the event was taped and that, even if not all veterans in existence were "in the room", it turns out that "in the room" is a concept that got expanded to "anyone with a TV, newspaper, friend who mentioned it, or the internet".

A lot of veterans - and others, because it isn't just veterans who have a problem with this - feel sufficiently that how trump responded was 'crass, tasteless, selfish, ... insert whatever word they have used...' to speak up about it. Having an event taped and shown to the general public does a wonderful thing - it allows those who were not "in the room" to react and respond to what transpired "in the room".

As far as the truism that "all vets don't feel the same about everything"... that concept applies to everyone, everywhere. All liberals, all women, all muslims, all conservatives, all those in any other specific demographic, all those in any of the political parties. Again, it seems that a lot of people within all those descriptors feel differently about the possibility of trump as president than you do. Your opinion is not the only one that matters.
I've learned in the last couple of days not to mention to my husband (a vet) the latest thing Trump has said or done regarding the Khan family or vets in general. While these things make me furious and I want to express myself, when he hears it he looks so sad.

Old 08-03-2016, 03:55 AM

504 posts, read 465,370 times
Jeez, this man embarrasses me and I'm not even American.

Look - the UK surrendered it's right to call America the dumbest nation on earth when we committed mass suicide on June 23rd and voted to leave the EU. Now we have Boris Johnson as foreign secretary.

LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES!!

The man is a bar room bore with an ego the size of the house. The US will be an international laughing stock if this crass, ignorant, dangerous goon is allowed anywhere near the levers of power. Hilary may be flawed, but she is 10 millions times preferable to the Trump cretin, and will do until Michelle O next time. He makes GWB look like an intellectual colossus, is thin skinned and over sensitive, speaks in hollow soundbites directed at the least educated. He's learned a lot from the Brexit campaign, which used the same tactics to devastating effect. Do not be duped by this fool.

BEWARE THE HAIR!

Old 08-03-2016, 07:48 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
This story is going to stick around for days. Lots of veterans starting to speak about it:

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/purple-heart-recipient-blasts-trump/story?id=41075856]Tammy Duckworth Joins Purple Heart Veterans Blasting Trump for 'Repugnant' Comments - ABC News[/url]
Trump said McCain wasn't a war hero because he was caught. "I like people who weren't captured" were his exact words. Maybe now he'll say Duckworth didn't sacrifice anything.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:52 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
there is no doubt Trump thought it was appropriate to trivialize the gift of the Purple Heart...Commander in Creep

Old 08-03-2016, 07:57 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,696,375 times
Default Trump..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Your logic makes no sense.

Try looking at & comprehending their post a 2nd time. It's not that difficult.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:59 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Try looking at & comprehending their post a 2nd time. It's not that difficult.
Nope sense still lacking. Do you want to take a stab it? I'll be happy discuss it.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:26 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
there is no doubt Trump thought it was appropriate to trivialize the gift of the Purple Heart...Commander in Creep
I doubt there are many people who "wanted" to get a Purple Heart.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:30 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I've learned in the last couple of days not to mention to my husband (a vet) the latest thing Trump has said or done regarding the Khan family or vets in general. While these things make me furious and I want to express myself, when he hears it he looks so sad.
I've been visiting historical sites this past week....Mt Vernon, Antietam are a couple. And to hear these things coming out of Trump is even more infuriating after seeing what our great Americans did to make our country great.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:50 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Trump said McCain wasn't a war hero because he was caught. "I like people who weren't captured" were his exact words. Maybe now he'll say Duckworth didn't sacrifice anything.
No he said he wasn't a hero because he got HIMSELF caught. He broke the rules of engagement and flew too low and got shot down. He did it on purpose thinking he was special because his dad was somebody high up. There are reports about it that have been out for decades that say exactly that. There is some sense to that. That's like feeling sorry for Bergdahl because he was captured by the Taliban when he went looking for them. I don't think Trump should have said anything but the truth is the truth.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:51 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I've been visiting historical sites this past week....Mt Vernon, Antietam are a couple. And to hear these things coming out of Trump is even more infuriating after seeing what our great Americans did to make our country great.
Like OMG, he asked if it was the real thing or a copy! Like OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only a pre teen girl would act like that after reading some gossip on social media. ROFL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections