Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 03:03 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lol, you have no idea what words were exchanged when he was given that. You only heard a re-telling of the story after the exchange actually happened.
I'm sure this is how Donnie will back-pedal the whole debacle as it is his usual MO.

Old 08-03-2016, 03:05 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao...Keep em coming, it's funny that you don't realize that you didn't hear the original exchange when he was actually given the medal, but you think you did.
Neither did you, so...

Old 08-03-2016, 05:12 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Trump has no clue what a Purple Heart is. The vet's gift was wasted on a clueless idiot. Nobody wants to get wounded or killed in combat.

"I always wanted to get the Purple Heart" - Trump

Old 08-03-2016, 07:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It would have been trivially easy to turn that moment into a win-win. You can even lead with the "Oh, I've always wanted a medal" joke - but then you go serious, fold the veteran's gently around the medal, and say "This, Sir, is yours and can never be mine. I have not made the sacrifice it takes. Thank you for yours." Done. Easy. Politics 101. Just takes someone who can think on his feet and who possesses a less grabbing character than Trump does.

A bit of class wouldn't hurt, either.
Trump's problem is it's Trump. Trump is not a humble, he doesn't even know the definition of the word, even if he has an aide or secretary look it up for him and tell him it. Trump continues to come out like the idiot that I knew he was about a year and two months ago, especially with the McCain comment.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:50 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump has no clue what a Purple Heart is. The vet's gift was wasted on a clueless idiot. Nobody wants to get wounded or killed in combat.

"I always wanted to get the Purple Heart" - Trump
LOL - maybe as president he can change the rules to allow awarding purple hearts to civilians who contract STDs.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:04 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
LOL - maybe as president he can change the rules to allow awarding purple hearts to civilians who contract STDs.
This "my Vietnam" comment sickens me. First off, Trump got deferments because of his father, a middle class 18 year old like say John McCain WOULDN'T get. My father had a relative in World War 1 who died later from complications of mustard gas. THAT IS SACRIFICE. Sleeping around and not catching an STD is just lucky and entirely incomparable.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:29 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,743,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
You know what I find amazing? The man can't do any wrong in someone y'alls eyes. Trump supporters will defend the vilest words or deeds from this creature. He tells it like it is blah blah blah. He didn't mean blah blah blah. He meant blah blah blah. Everyone is so unfair to him blah blah blah. The system is rigged blah blah blah.
The people you speak of are similar to a those under the influence of a cult leader and i'm being serious. There's a similar dynamic going on with those who think he can do no wrong.
There are many, many trump supporters who are so because they are republicans and/or cannot vote for H.C. but, at the same time are deeply troubled and conflicted about him. As time goes on i suspect that more and more of them will realize that they can't vote for such a person and will either vote for H.C., vote for an independent candidate or not vote at all.
Unless something truly horrific is revealed about H.C. in the next few months he will not win the election. I have to believe that there are far too many good hearted and intelligent people in this country that will prevent him from prevailing. I hope i'm right.
And actually, even if something truly horrific is revealed about H.C. he still may not win as there are too many people in the government who will stop him .... somehow / some way. He's that insane. There's something seriously wrong with the guy.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
He whined later in the day that the election will probably be rigged. Pathetic. He deserved a box of Kleenex instead of a Purple Heart. Or maybe a slice of cheese with that whine. Lol.
Yeah, and then the response to the question of whether it will be rigged if he wins was something like, "unless i win by a landslide the election was rigged".

Old 08-03-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Tasteless - who defines tasteless actions?
How about decent people with common sense who were raised to treat people with kindness and care, to be polite, and to live by the golden rule. It's astonishing that there are so many people who claim that they want to preserve what they think the U.S. is about, including Christian values and yet are willing to betray those fundamental Christian principles when it comes to trump. It's like they're putting trump before Jesus. Now isn't that something?!

Old 08-03-2016, 08:45 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
How about decent people with common sense who were raised to treat people with kindness and care, to be polite, and to live by the golden rule. It's astonishing that there are so many people who claim that they want to preserve what they think the U.S. is about, including Christian values and yet are willing to betray those fundamental Christian principles when it comes to trump. It's like they're putting trump before Jesus. Now isn't that something?!
Emotional plea noted. Yawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections