Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 07:25 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times

Advertisements

I get the sense that many Trump supporters really don't care if people are Muslim, Mexican, black, female, LGBT, etc. and that cries of racism are a smokescreen for invalid reasons to oppose Trump. Obviously there are many Trump supporters that do care, and Trump obviously cares himself. But is this something you've noticed as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 07:35 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
Muslim isn't a race... it's a religion. Mexican isn't a race...it's a Nationality. Female isn't a race... it's a sex. LGBT isn't a race.. it's a sexual preference. So when a liberal calls me a racist because of one of those four out of five, I chalk it up that instead of an invalid reason, it's I'm talking to an idiot.

And I'm not really a Trump supporter as much as I am a Hillary hater......

Old 08-03-2016, 07:41 AM

24,487 posts, read 17,226,594 times
You are right most people don't care what religion, race, colour or sexual orientation someone else is what they do care about is if those people are going to do anything to hurt them.

Trump wants to enforce the law at the border where mostly brown people are sneaking into America so the Dems see this as racism.
Trump sees a problem with terrorists infiltrating our country and planning to kill us. The problem is not all muslims but it is always a muslim the trouble is which ones want to carry out their jihad? The Dems call it racism.

The Dems are masters at deflection and turning anything and everything into spin for their cause. Do you remember Romney and how he had a file for female job applicants? Somehow that was spun into a "WAR ON WOMEN".
Romney's mormon views are anti abortion but that was never his platform to reverse Roe V Wade yet the Dems turned that into a "WAR ON WOMEN" and protestors were seen with words written on their stomachs like "Stay out of my Womb"
The Dems are behind these accusations that strike at the base for all to easily understand. Trump is for the Police which means he must be against the BLM people rioting and jumping on police cars. What a racist.

Trump is blamed for the whole Obama birther movement but it was actually Hillary who started it when she was running against him in 2008 and Obama didn't help it himself when he wrote in his book that he was born in Kenya.

The Dems do a good job of smearing any opponents.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:47 AM

21,120 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Trump supporter here...

I wouldn't say i "don't care"; I'd say it is irrelevant from a political/legal point of view and that the government shouldn't be making policies that advantage/disadvantage certain groups of people. I find it detestable that the Party Of Slavery continues to pigeon-hole people and claim a right to their vote.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:58 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Donald Trump is 70, has been in the public eye for decades and didn't become a raging racist until he decided to run for political office against a democrat. Hell he gave thousands of dollars to Clinton, why did she accept money from a racist?

Old 08-03-2016, 08:03 AM

5,300 posts, read 6,179,553 times
If Trump were a true white nationalist/supremacist as the powers that be in the mass media and the democrat party (and even elements of the republican establishment) strive to portray him as, then he would have called for repeal of all of the immigration acts starting with the "Immigration and Nationality" act of 1965 to the present. He hasn't. He's just called for increased vetting of refugees and asylum seekers from muslim countries. This is a rational policy, which Obama opposes.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:04 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Muslim isn't a race... it's a religion. Mexican isn't a race...it's a Nationality. Female isn't a race... it's a sex. LGBT isn't a race.. it's a sexual preference. So when a liberal calls me a racist because of one of those four out of five, I chalk it up that instead of an invalid reason, it's I'm talking to an idiot.

Then when a black person talks about white privilege, and all of the slavery stuff and how it affects him/them then I also think he is both an idiot and a racist. Of course, to them I am a racist. We all are if not bros.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:04 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,757 times
I am an immigrant woman & I support Trump. Sure he is not your typical presidential nominee & is a loud mouth jerk but atleast he is not ignoring the most important issue that will define this country's future - immigration. Its like I am being told by Hillary to add more dependents who hate me & expect me to tolerate them & pay their bills. If i have something left after I feed my family, sure i will make a donation & volunteer but I can barely get by. Trump is telling me get your house & life in order before you bring more mouths to feed.

Its all about priorities. Racism, women's issues, LGBT are domestic problems & nowhere close to extremists trying to kill you. So i would vote for a candidate who refuses to let home breakers in. I wont vote for Hillary because she is telling me to get used to living in fear & if I I ever try to get to root of the problem, I will be labelled as a bigot. Put up & shut up, just like most of Europe. Get used to seeing armed soldiers at the beach. Whats the point in enjoying abortion rights if I get mauled in public everyday like the german & french.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:13 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post

So what you are saying is that you can sleep well at night knowing that you aren't really a racist, and that being a bigot is just fine with you? Your justification is that they labeled your bigotry wrong, so it's OK??? SMFH

I think that the Hillary-hater phenomenon is key here. People hater her so much that they don't even bother to check to see if what they are voting for is worse. (or for that matter, if the reasons they hate her are valid, or just stuff they've heard and believe blindly....)

Old 08-03-2016, 08:13 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
The lashing out against Mex or Muslim is more an indicator of frustration with our broken borders and illogical immigration laws. LGBT criticisms is due to pandering to a small group on the very margin (if not beyond) for what consitutes normal behavior, i.e. PC. Blacks well because it is the lower tier ones who are causing problems and anyone who is middle class and higher knows they are the worthless class in our country. No country in history ever moves forward by acquiescing to the lowest class.

As for women, do not know about that one. Have not heard anti-female comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections