Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2016, 10:45 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,274,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
This is not the first time I've heard of tax returns being released, this year is the first time that I've ever seen a politician's returns. I haven't seen them in the past because I don't care what's in their returns because there is nothing in them that is relevant.

It's just like most of the election process, it's just a dog, and pony show to distract people from what is actually relevant.

We've got major issues in this country, and you are worried about how much Trump gave to charity last year.

Sorry, but I just don't care how much money someone made, or how much they gave to charity last year, I worried about what they are going to do about the problems facing the country.
If you claim you don't care, then why are you making such an issue about not wanting them released?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 09:10 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,041,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
If you claim you don't care, then why are you making such an issue about not wanting them released?
I have been saying that there is nothing in returns that are relevant, and that returns should remain private.

Mostly have been correcting the lies being told by the dems about this issue.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I have been saying that there is nothing in returns that are relevant, and that returns should remain private.

Mostly have been correcting the lies being told by the dems about this issue.
And that is your opinion, I on the other hand think tax returns are very relevant and do provide a lot of information about a person and should be publicly released when running for office to take away all speculations of what might be within those tax returns.

No one has been lying about this issue, you just don't like people wanting to see them. That is two different things.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:09 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,860,638 times
Quote:
And that is your opinion, I on the other hand think tax returns are very relevant and do provide a lot of information about a person and should be publicly released when running for office to take away all speculations of what might be within those tax returns.

No one has been lying about this issue, you just don't like people wanting to see them. That is two different things.
Urbanlife78

Old 08-06-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Urbanlife78
I don't know what that means....

Old 08-06-2016, 11:00 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,860,638 times
Quote:
I don't know what that means....
Your old user name.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:11 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,039,593 times
The only reason people keep bring up Trump's taxes, is that they want to use them to generate class envy. As if someone who was broke when she left the WH as FLOTUS she claims to be broke and is now worth hundreds of millions while not producing any product other than political favors, is any better. At least Trump is responsible for a whole lot of other people having jobs.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:27 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,148,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The only reason people keep bring up Trump's taxes, is that they want to use them to generate class envy. As if someone who was broke when she left the WH as FLOTUS she claims to be broke and is now worth hundreds of millions while not producing any product other than political favors, is any better. At least Trump is responsible for a whole lot of other people having jobs.
He was responsible for a whole lot of foreign workers having jobs, and also responsible for a whole lot of people losing jobs with his multiple bankruptcies.

His tax returns are not about generating class envy--he generates his own with anyone who cares about that stuff--all the guy talks about is how rich he is and is constantly bragging about material things he owns. If anything, the returns will reflect he has less wealth than he's been bragging about. It may also show he does business with gangsters and unsavory foreign businessmen/politicians, does not pay taxes, lies about the valuations of his property, does not donate to charity as he constantly professes, that he uses his business and his kids to avoid paying taxes, that he basically practices the exact opposite to what he preaches, and who knows what other unpleasant news.

Most voters want them released, and it has absolutely nothing to do with class envy. This will be an issue that works against him if he refuses.

Poll: Voters Really Want To See Donald Trump's Tax Returns - Fortune

5 Things You Need to Know About Donald Trump's Tax Returns - Fortune

Old 08-06-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Your old user name.
Sorry, still don't know what that means. Regardless, it is off topic, and not really any interest of mine to play games with who you think I am. I don't know who this Urbanlife78 is, good luck with finding the person.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:38 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,041,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
He was responsible for a whole lot of foreign workers having jobs, and also responsible for a whole lot of people losing jobs with his multiple bankruptcies.

His tax returns are not about generating class envy--he generates his own with anyone who cares about that stuff--all the guy talks about is how rich he is and is constantly bragging about material things he owns. If anything, the returns will reflect he has less wealth than he's been bragging about. It may also show he does business with gangsters and unsavory foreign businessmen/politicians, does not pay taxes, lies about the valuations of his property, does not donate to charity as he constantly professes, that he uses his business and his kids to avoid paying taxes, that he basically practices the exact opposite to what he preaches, and who knows what other unpleasant news.

Most voters want them released, and it has absolutely nothing to do with class envy. This will be an issue that works against him if he refuses.

Please tell us how you will be able to tell his worth from his tax returns?

Also, how would it be possible for Trump to pay no taxes?

Lastly, why would you care if Trump has business deals with unsavory foreign businessmen/politicians when you don't care at all about the Clinton's connections, donations, and being paid for speeches from unsavory foreign businessmen/politicians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections