Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 12:22 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I assume reading comprehension isn't your specialty.
My comprehension is just fine, it's logic that fails you.

In order for this NC poll to be relevant to both Hillary and Trump, NC needs to be among the must win states for both Hillary and Trump, and it is not.

At best someone in the know would look at his poll and say, "oh that's nice but what about the states that are must win for both Hillary and Trump?"

Or are you posting this because there is no other good Trump news that you can find?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 12:26 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,926,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
My comprehension is just fine, it's logic that fails you.

In order for this NC poll to be relevant to both Hillary and Trump, NC needs to be among the must win states for both Hillary and Trump, and it is not.

At best someone in the know would look at his poll and say, "oh that's nice but what about the states that are must win for both Hillary and Trump?"
Where did I say it's relevant to both?

How is it not relevant to the election when Trump needs NC to win? That's silly.

That's like saying if Texas is in play, it isn't relevant to the election because Hillary doesn't need it but Trump does.

Like I said, reading comprehension must not be your specialty.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:27 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times
Anyrhing is possible.

Is REM still performing? They're from Athens GA. I keep thinking of their lyrics

"It's the end of the world as we know it..."

Old 08-04-2016, 12:57 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
3. Regardless of how you intend to vote, who do you think has a better personality and temperament to serve effectively as president? Donald Trump? or Hillary Clinton?

38% Trump
52% Clinton
9% Not Sure

4. Regardless of how you intend to vote, who would do a better job responding to an international crisis?

44% Trump
49% Clinton
8% Not Sure
Hilary creates international crisis like ISIS. It's a huge international crisis.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:57 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,273,334 times
Nate Cohn pointed out that this doesn't match the North Carolina voter file in terms of demographics. I'm taking his words here. But in the 2012 midterms blacks made up 21.4 percent of the electorate. That is the floor for their turnout obviously. In general elections they make up >= 22 percent of the vote. In this poll they make up around 18 percent of the vote. Women always slightly outvote men by a few points. In this poll they are both split 50/50. The poll has voters over 65 making up 29 percent of the vote. When they make up roughly 18 percent of the vote in presidential elections. Trump can win the state for sure but it's likely going to be a nail biter.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:42 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,273,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Trump needs to win NC but Hillary doesn't.

You may as well show the polling result from Alabama. Just as relevant.
No, but if Trump doesn't win NC then he is toast. It means he has lost PA, FL, and OH as well. Trump has a very very very narrow path to victory. Regardless of all the bluster fantasy he shoots out about how he is going to put tons of states in play. He has to hold NC, win FL, and OH, and flip PA. He loses any one of those states and he is finished.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:34 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Where did I say it's relevant to both?

How is it not relevant to the election when Trump needs NC to win? That's silly.

That's like saying if Texas is in play, it isn't relevant to the election because Hillary doesn't need it but Trump does.

Like I said, reading comprehension must not be your specialty.
Texas has basically been conceded to Trump and no one cares what the polls says in Texas. You're confusing "relevant to the election" and "relevant to us". And you're calling other people has lack of comprehension?

Old 08-04-2016, 10:58 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Donald may very well win North Carolina, although it will be close.

I live in PA so I do not follow NC politics that closely. I do know they elected a Republican governor - McCrory - and their state leadership leans Republican. On the other hand their neighbor to the north - Virginia - will probable go for Hillary.

My guess is (on the east coast) NC, SC, GA will go for Donald; VA, MD, DE, DC, PA, NJ, and NY will go for Hillary. I'm not sure about Florida.
NC Republicans have some serious concerns this year.

HB2 (The "bathroom law") is a huge slap in the face to the GOP, and is costing millions of dollars to the state. Many companies have pulled plans, the most visible being the NBA moving the all-star game out of Charlotte. The GOP will pay heavily for that.

Another is the GOP's unconstitutional voting laws, that have been struck down and they are STILL trying to waste tax-payer dollars to fight it.

The GOP's absolute dismantling of our education system, which was at one time a great system and is now 49th (I think) in the US.

There is also McCrory's ties to Duke Power, the Dan River Coal-ash spills and general chroniism with the power industry.

I realize that the last example can and does apply to most politicians, and it knows no party lines, but these examples, and other similar ones have have made NC the laughing stock of the nation, and most of us are fed up with it. I am pretty sure McCrory will lose reelection to a fairly popular Roy Cooper, and that the GA may remain republican, but will take some hits too.... Just my prediction.

...If Trump wins here, it will be by a tight margin, and I will be embarrassed for the state I love.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:59 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Hilary creates international crisis like ISIS. It's a huge international crisis.
Another Republican myth. Do you also blame her for the WTC attacks?

Yes, I know that Al Qaeda is not ISIS, blah, blah. However, when you read the history of how ISIS (or ISIL) was created, you need to go back to 2004 when Al Qaeda emerged in Iraq. ISIS wasn't in Iraq when the U.S. invaded in 2002, but gained strength in order to resist U.S. forces. Many former Iraqi soldiers were recruited after the Bush administration disbanded the Iraqi army.

Not long ago I was in a room with a couple of Trump supporters and heard the same thing. Funny, when I asked what the 4 letters in ISIS stand for, nobody knew. That's because they either don't know its history or just want to blame Obama for every bad thing that has happened since he was born. By the way ISIS stands for Islamic State of Iraq and Syria which is a terrorist organization that stemmed from existing terrorist organizations.

So blaming Hillary for creating ISIS is like blaming BLM for creating a new White Supremacist group that's made up of former KKK and skinheads and recruits new members. Different name, same goals, same hatred.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:10 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,693,457 times
Default North Carolina...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post

"Hilary (sic) creates..."?
What the heck does that mean?
What administration invaded Iraq & "broke" it?
Sadaam may have been a dictator but at least the lid was kept on a stable & secular Iraq until we invaded it, took him down & left the place an unstable wreck.
And in case you've forgotten it or never learned it, the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia & Yemen, not Iraq.
Yup.. We broke Iraq & had no business invading it in the first place.
Now tell me how on a comparable level to that HUGE foreign policy blunder by the Bush/Cheney Administration, Hilary creates international crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections