Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 09:46 AM

16,563 posts, read 15,127,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
Trump will be lucky to get 14% of just 1 Black person's vote. Besides bootlicker Carson, and those loud, walking cartoon character stereotypes Diamond and Wool, not too many self-respecting Black people are voting for such a blatant, card-carrying bigot.
"black people"? Oh you so outed yourself without even knowing.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:47 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,493,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I hear "white people" all the time and nobody bats an eye. So we can't say them, they, those, people, black... How should "they" be addressed?
Again...it was not a grammar statement, but a statement about how the Republican party views minorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
But this is business, and if there is one thing I have learned in my years of business dealings it is that you never let emotions govern them. If you do, you will lose every time. Build yourself up first, and then you will be in a much better position to help the people you want to help. I have a lot more empathy for the poor people that belong here than the ones who cheated their way into the system. The whole reason to have a country in the first place is to protect the welfare of it's citizens.

If you believe we need to share our wealth with the billions of poor people around the world out of some sort of solidarity, that is nice in theory, but it is not very practical. Before long, everybody would be poor except for a handful of people who already have a controlling interests.
If it's all about business and every economist agrees that immigration is a net positive for the nation and legalization would be a big boost to the economy, then why are you against it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
In response to the thread title: Trump needs no "bump" to be ahead as he's always been ahead (as I've been told) way way way ahead of "her" from the results of all the independent polls. It's "she" that needs A LOT of bumps to even be in the same high vote count stratosphere as what Trump currently has.
What polls?

All of them.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:49 AM

16,345 posts, read 17,954,546 times
Quote:
Your post is proving MY point, not yours.

How long did you live in the US? Do you know the difference between state laws and federal laws?

"State laws", "State legislatures", "NC".

These are issues decided and voted on by politicians in individual states. Trump did not create or vote for these laws. He had nothing to do with it. The laws were likely made before Trump was even a candidate.

Blame the politicians in those states, and I won't be arguing with you. But if you are trying to somehow tie this case to Trump, you will fall short, even with Hillary supporters. Do you think they want republicans tying Hillary to every "misdeed" by every obscure state politician for the mere fact that he/she is a democrat?

Your hate for Trump is causing you to make disingenuous posts. Your hatred of Trump is blinding you to the facts. When people like you blame Trump for everything under the sun, it causes distrust and hurts your cause.
I am FROM the US.

I did not say that Trump is directly responsible for these laws. I'm saying that racial minorities like AAs do not support a Republican president in large numbers in a typical year. It's even worse this year because Trump himself is the most bigoted/racist mainstream nominee in generations and because of blatantly racist voting rights laws. Minorities are well aware of this, and it is absolutely delusional for Trump supporters to act like this isn't the case, or that minorities are going to vote for him in significant numbers.
Again, you clearly have trouble reading, because I never said Trump wrote the laws (he obviously can't as he is not part of any legislature) or had anything to do with them directly. Rather, I am saying that Trump's racism and bigotry is par for the course for Republicans these days, and until that changes, the GOP has zero chance of winning over minorities.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:49 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,216,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Bush went to the blacks folks and laid out a plan for what he wanted to do for African Americans in need. Funding for HBCU schools went up during bush administration. Trump needs to speak directly to the people especially if they are calling for him to do so.
Yes, this is exactly what he would need to do. This is why he was able to carry 11 percent of the African American vote nationally and 16 percent of them in Ohio. Not to mention over 40 percent of Hispanics nationwide. He actually went out of his way to try to engage them. Trump might as well write them off at this point. Too many divisive statements over the last year is going to make it nearly impossible for him to get them in his corner now. He's lucky that a lot of the Hispanic and African American vote is concentrated in non competing states. It allows him a little more breathing room. If more of them were in Pennsylvania and New Hampshire though he would be quite screwed.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If blacks don"t have a job where do you think they have to go to eat????
Why is your assumption that most blacks don't work?

Old 08-18-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
What is this so called nasty rhetoric?

Protecting our borders against illegal immigration does not affect Americans negatively except for those who are looking to hire cheap labor. His build a wall proposal only affects people who want to come here illegally and are therefore not Americans to begin with. You should not infer that because the majority of illegal immigrants are hispanics that Trump is against hispanics. And yes, by reducing illegal immigrants, the hispanics that came here by going through proper procedures (i.e. followed the law) will have a better life because they will be given better job opportunities instead of competing with people who will work for almost nothing just to stay here.

Secondly, muslim immigrants are to be vetted more thoroughly under Trump's proposal. Again, this will only help Americans by trying to ensure that those that migrate here will embrace our culture and not try to force their religious beliefs on us - such as the way they treat woman and gay individuals.

So tell me again how Trump intends to do harm to minority Americans?
lol... if you can't figure out the problems here and how this all plays with minorities, I can't help you.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:54 AM

1,987 posts, read 1,711,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
What are the chances of despite all these polls heavily favoring Hillary, we get what happened with Brexit, where all indications were they'd stay, and the leave vote won?
I think main reason that something like that won't happen is that Brexit was a simple majority vote but the presidency is decided by the Electoral College. The closest we come are with the traditional battleground states and right now it looks like Hilary is ahead in that race. That is why looking at nationwide figures isn't really the best way to look at who is likely to win, after all Gore won the popular vote but a battleground state was all of the difference.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I never questioned the intelligence of minorities. In fact, I'm counting on it.
And yet minorities have overwhelmingly supported the Democrats for decades. Your suggestion is that they are only intelligent if they vote against their own interests and vote Republican... but not just any Republican... loudmouth, bigot, misogynist, racist, anti-gay, anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim and white nationalist Donald J. Trump.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:55 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,216,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
I think main reason that something like that won't happen is that Brexit was a simple majority vote but the presidency is decided by the Electoral College. The closest we come are with the traditional battleground states and right now it looks like Hilary is ahead in that race. That is why looking at nationwide figures isn't really the best way to look at who is likely to win, after all Gore won the popular vote but a battleground state was all of the difference.
Yeah, a lot of people don't think on that level I notice. Trump or Clinton could be barely ahead in the polling average but still get a win (or lose) because they just have the right states in their column.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:56 AM

13,563 posts, read 10,277,755 times
Quote:
Again, it is a clear choice between someone who will talk very nice to you and make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but historically, not change your life in any substantive way.

Or, someone who doesn't do the "warm and fuzzy" thing, but is commited to policies that will actually make your life better.

If it's me, I'll take the real change vs the perceived change any day of the week.
That's a laugh.

Not surprisingly given his general disinterest and shallow comprehension, Trump has little or no commitment to policies - as he has make public statements that are all over the place on several major issues. He praises and damns them depending on the moment.

As for the warm and fuzzy, it's way in the opposite area if you're an easily targeted minority - it's hostility and disdain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections