Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 04:23 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,466,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I am more committed to vote for Trump every time I see black criminals rioting, looting, beating white innocents, and attacking police.
At the moment I see no connection whatsoever to the national election v. state and city issues. None.

Exactly HOW is Trump going to fix this - and make the black criminals behave at the local level? Because that's what you are expecting.

How? POTUS does not control local law enforcement or city governance.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:28 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Quoted for truth. He did say about a week ago that it's time to panic if you're a Crooked Hillary fan. I guess now we just wait to see what Assange has and then the debate.
You really need to cut it with the Crooked Hillary cliche. Trump is just as much or more so crooked than Hillary, so it makes you a giant hypocrite to call her that but not Trump.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:33 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
The blacks say they are targets. The police say they fear for their lives.

How does the POTUS influence minority behavior - and police perception - if that perception is wrong - which, frankly, I don't think it is. We've got our share of minority issues here - and it ain't the police causing the problem.

At the moment I see no connection whatsoever to the national election v. state issues. None.

So, exactly HOW is Trump going to fix this - and make the minorities behave?
I think Trump is more honest and direct than Hillary. I don't think Trump gives a damn about skin color or religion or sex, etc. His stated policy is employment and jobs for Americans. He will not tolerate lawlessness.

I won't argue the POTUS influence on the deplorable, black, criminal behavior in several major cities. If you don't have a feel for Obama's role in this lawlessness and violence, I couldn't change your mind. In my opinion, Obama is culpable.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:40 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,588,764 times
Trump loses the states where Gary Johnson polls high.

I keep telling people this, they don't see it, it's so frustrating.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I think Trump is more honest and direct than Hillary. I don't think Trump gives a damn about skin color or religion or sex, etc. His stated policy is employment and jobs for Americans. He will not tolerate lawlessness.

I won't argue the POTUS influence on recent deplorable black criminal behavior in several major cities. If you don't have a feel for Obama's role in this lawlessness and violence, I couldn't change your mind. In my opinion, Obama is culpable.
This stuff has been going on since the 60's. Obama commented publicly years ago on blacks who studied as being castigated by other blacks as "acting white." It's a very deep-seated cultural prejudice against whites. I clearly remember the '67 riots. Sirens were running day and night in this city. My husband had to cross police lines lines to go to work in an area where the riots were occurring.

But, there is no WHITE man to whom these criminals will listen or respond. They won't even listen to their own leaders when they attempt to correct their behavior locally and nationally (let's forget Obama) and are castigated roundly on whatever platform they choose. I hear it on C-Span every day. Get a black leader talking about personal responsibility and C-Span gets five black callers screaming at this "Uncle Tom." No, a WHITE man will not change this behavior. I don't know what the answer is - but it is not Donald Trump.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 09-22-2016 at 04:56 PM..

Old 09-22-2016, 05:15 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,974,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Do you think it would have even come to this if they did? This whole surreal nightmare circus is solely and unequivocally on the shoulders of the American people.
And the Democratic party for rigging the election against Bernie. It was "suppose" to be Clinton vs Bush yet again (what the establisent and global elites wanted). A lot of Americans, evem if they don't like Trump, see him as the only way to the establishment.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:55 PM

2,126 posts, read 1,790,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
I have posted before about how hard Florida is to poll. It's essentially 3 different states.

Northern Florida/Panhandle & the rural farming areas. This is the republican base in the state.

The I-4 corridor Orlando and Tampa/St. Pete is a metroplex of close to 8 million people, there has been a huge Hispanic population growth in this area which has effected polling. Over 100,000 eligible voters from Puerto Rico have moved to this area in the last 4 years. St. Pete alone has a 23% Hispanic voter turnout.

South Florida which votes heavily democratic and has a huge Hispanic population.

To accurately poll this state of over 20 million you would need a 4,000 to 5,000 sample and the polling people would have to be bilingual and ready to conduct the survey in English or Spanish. This would give you accurate poll.

The vote will be within a 100,000 it's probably the closest state in the US right now as swingy ness goes.
First of all Florida only has 12.5 million registered voters. You are also incorrect about the number of people needed to be interviewed in order to be accurate. If you plug the population into a sample calculator you would see that you need to only interview 400 people to be within +/-5 points to about 1200 to be within +/- 3 point. Now you may be correct about the need for bilingual interviewers. It is entirely possible that the pollsters are interviewing in Spanish but they wouldn't report the results by interview language unless there was a reason to.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:57 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,931,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You really need to cut it with the Crooked Hillary cliche. Trump is just as much or more so crooked than Hillary, so it makes you a giant hypocrite to call her that but not Trump.
Crooked is a word reserved for politicians - Trump has never held office therefore the label can't be applied.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
And the Democratic party for rigging the election against Bernie.
I have thought virtually daily Debbie Wasserman-Schultz may yet be hoist on her own petard. Fitting justice, perhaps.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:08 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Crooked is a word reserved for politicians - Trump has never held office therefore the label can't be applied.
Really?!?!? The logic of trump supporters is mind numbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections