Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 10:53 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,866,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Trump would of won if he'd read Art Of The Deal

I hear it's got good tips in there
I heard the book ends in Chapter 11.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:54 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,855,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Really? The Dems had a super-optimistic convention. It was very "team spirited" and all about togetherness. It made you feel good about the USA. There's nothing we can't do if we do it together.

Contrast that to the GOP Convention. The first two days with the RNC were really negative. Life is terrible, everything is bad. Trump words: Disaster! Bad! Sad! Weak! Chants of "Lock her up!"

I think more people prefer to look for the happier message. The all-inclusive "we can do it" message.
Many Live Life at Starbucks with a espresso. The DNC is getting over confident here.
Michael_Dukakis had a very large lead 16Points and lost to GH Bush!

But then again, our young adults are immersed in their I Phones.

Secondly we have we issues in this country and at least Trump is willing put a solution to the problem.

Clinton lives in wonderland.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:55 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,891,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, no, you really don't get it, do you ? We, who are for Hillary, choose her for a couple of reasons:

1) She has at least some experience in how the country and the world internationally work. Trump has ZERO experience in either area............make that ZERO MINUS 10 ! Buying and selling buildings in no way qualifies you to run a country as complex as America in this very complex world.

2) Hillary could be a mass murderer, adulteress, liar, cheat, and have bad hair, and we would STILL prefer her to that POS Donald Trump ! She is not just the lesser of the two evils, she is head and shoulders above Trump in every category of dignity, honesty, intelligence, civility, and the ability to deal with world leaders. Yes, she is not perfect, but without a doubt a better option than Mr. Negativity of 2016.

Trump is so low on the ladder of decent human beings that I honestly would vote for Charles Manson before I would vote for Donald Trump.........and I do not mean that as a joke, I am serious as a heart attack.

Don
If as you claim, "that POS Trump" is true, that makes Hillary the entire pile of crap, the stench that eminates from it and the dogs that eat it.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:08 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,705,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Really? The Dems had a super-optimistic convention. It was very "team spirited" and all about togetherness. It made you feel good about the USA. There's nothing we can't do if we do it together.

Contrast that to the GOP Convention. The first two days with the RNC were really negative. Life is terrible, everything is bad. Trump words: Disaster! Bad! Sad! Weak! Chants of "Lock her up!"

I think more people prefer to look for the happier message. The all-inclusive "we can do it" message.

Trump's GOP = bottle half empty.

Clinton's party = bottle half full.

The GOP has always been a bunch of sour crybabies who think everything in the world is horrible and are suspicious of everyone. Instead of working to do what is good for America, they prefer to stand in the way of anything a President tries to accomplish.

The DNC was a breath of fresh air compared to the dry, negative, unhappy RNC.

Don

Old 08-08-2016, 11:22 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,871,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump's GOP = bottle half empty.

Clinton's party = bottle half full.

The GOP has always been a bunch of sour crybabies who think everything in the world is horrible and are suspicious of everyone. Instead of working to do what is good for America, they prefer to stand in the way of anything a President tries to accomplish.

The DNC was a breath of fresh air compared to the dry, negative, unhappy RNC.

Don
I'm not DNC fan at all, and even wacko Cruz would probably win against Hillary. She only looks good because Trump is so bad, and although a Clinton presidency concerns me, a Trump one frightens me to no end. This is one time you swallow, vote for Clinton, then go home, brush your teeth, use mouth wash spit, rinse, repeat twice, go to the shower, and scrub yourself for feeling that dirty for what you had to do.

Trump is THAT bad, that although I never, even back in 1993 when I referred to her as Thunder Thighs, thought I could ever support her on anything, dangerous Trump has changed my perspective, this time around. The error can be corrected in four years. With Trump? Who knows what is left of the US then.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:33 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,216,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Trump still has Utah

Utah: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein UtahPolicy/Dan Jones Trump 37, Clinton 25 Trump +12

In all seriousness I think Trump at this point needs a miracle.

If he wins FL, Ohio, NC, Iowa, Nevada he would still need 5 electoral points to win.

I don't think he can win Colorado, Pennsylvania or Virginia. Forget Wisconsin or Michigan.

2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map
It's funny how much of the vote is still out in Utah though. They really don't like him there. It tells me that if the news was bad enough for him that she could eek out a win.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:34 AM

Remington Research Group:

Missouri Trump 44, Clinton 42, Johnson 5, Stein 2

Don't know how great that pollster is but it shows a trends. Trump is really underperforming in red states.

Old 08-09-2016, 02:16 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,114,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I'm not DNC fan at all, and even wacko Cruz would probably win against Hillary. She only looks good because Trump is so bad, and although a Clinton presidency concerns me, a Trump one frightens me to no end. This is one time you swallow, vote for Clinton, then go home, brush your teeth, use mouth wash spit, rinse, repeat twice, go to the shower, and scrub yourself for feeling that dirty for what you had to do.

Trump is THAT bad, that although I never, even back in 1993 when I referred to her as Thunder Thighs, thought I could ever support her on anything, dangerous Trump has changed my perspective, this time around. The error can be corrected in four years. With Trump? Who knows what is left of the US then.
Trump is scary. I'm pretty sure I would never want to work for any company he owned. He has a lot of bad qualities.

Old 08-09-2016, 02:28 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,317,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Not only that, Clinton is within breathing distance in Utah. UTAH! Can't remember the last time Utah was in play for a Democrat.

That is how far Trump has fallen.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...-forecast/#now
Yep, should have been Cruz instead of Trump. Cruz would be up double digits in southern states Trump is losing or barely clinging to life in. Pathetic. We tried to warn everyone not to vote for the pathetic fraud...

Old 08-09-2016, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I don't think she will win S.C, and no polls have so far shown she is ahead there (though the polling has been limited)

538's site has a forecasting model, based off the current trends, national margin's etc, they do give her a slight edge to win S.C if the election was held today. It was listed as the closest to 50/50 of any state in that model. In the other two models they have it did show Trump winning S.C

Now I don't think Clinton will win S.c, but if she is winning by 10 points nationally (which is what many polls are showing and the average is around 8), SC could become quite close.
It's basing it off of Georgia. The Demographics are similar. He said that if polling continues showing her strong in GA then SC will likely go to her as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections