Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 11:42 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I don't blame him. While statistics show Gary Johnson pulls evenly from Clinton and Trump (within MoE), Johnson's path to throwing the election to the house involves taking Rocky Mountain Red states like Utah, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming. The only states at risk for Hillary, if Gary gains traction is New Hampshire and MAYBE Maine.

That's no path to the White House Gary Johnson.

If Trump is doing so bad that he can't win states that Republicans normally win by double digits (ie, ID, MT, UT, WY) then Clinton is already way past 300 votes in the Electoral College even without ME and NH - and a candidate only needs 270 Electoral votes to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 11:43 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Because we need more damn CHOICES. Unless someone else enters the race, I'm voting for Johnson because I cannot in good conscience vote for either of the main party candidates and because maybe, just maybe the idea of third party candidates will gain some traction.
I couldn't agree more, the Dems and Repub have given us the best of the worse. I like what Gov. Weld said, "The dragon that I'm jousting against this year is this frozen monopoly of the two parties that have frozen a lot of people's thinking in place," "And they think, 'I have to be a right-winger,' or, 'I have to be a left-winger.' They're not thinking, 'What do I think?'" In other words people, start thinking for yourselves, use that 3 pounds of gray matter that you have stuffed between your ears.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:48 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

If Trump is doing so bad that he can't win states that Republicans normally win by double digits (ie, ID, MT, UT, WY) then Clinton is already way past 300 votes in the Electoral College even without ME and NH - and a candidate only needs 270 Electoral votes to win.
Well, hell, if Clinton already has 300 electoral votes sowed up then we may as well crown her Queen and forget about voting. Here I was under the impression that the electoral college doesn't vote until after the elections, stupid me.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 585WNY View Post
Donald Trump was recently interviewed in the Washington Post and was asked about Gary Johnson and Jill Stein, and the possibility of including them in the debates.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/do...hnson-debates/
sounds just like the way he talks. As for who he wants and does not want: that is out of his control. If either get enough support they have every right to take part. Truthfully Johnson is probably doing better in most polls than Jill, but I haven't been following close enough to know. To be honest and I have said this before: if it weren't for the darn possible supreme court nominations I would probably support Johnson, but I am not going to throw my vote away and give Clinton one more.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:57 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
he might be a horrible debater, but can she stop lying for 10 minutes?
If so, it would be 9 minutes longer than Donald.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
They will find a way to put that idiot Johnson in there. The polls can be rigged enough to get him in there to help Hillary out.
sorry, I lived in NM when he was governor, he is a little strange but no way is he an idiot. He was a good and popular governor. Just because he is a Libertarian doesn't make him an idiot. I think there are many of us who lean Libertarian, we just choose to register R or D. BTW; no I do not agree with all his views or values, but I certainly would prefer him to Hillary or Jill

Old 08-05-2016, 12:06 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Someone with limited reading-comprehension skills left me this unsigned message as a rep:
"So people should decide who to vote for based on who will win? Pretty poor way to make a choice....."

That person can feel free to read my post above and explain where s/he thinks I stated anything resembling what they, in their confusion, think I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Well, hell, if Clinton already has 300 electoral votes sowed up then we may as well crown her Queen and forget about voting. Here I was under the impression that the electoral college doesn't vote until after the elections, stupid me.
I'll also invite you to point out where you think I wrote what you - very wrongly - somehow managed to delude yourself into thinking I wrote. In other words, what part of "If Trump is doing so bad that he can't win states that Republicans normally win by double digits" - especially the word 'if' (hint - I was responding to a scenario postulated by the poster to whom I was responding) - do you not understand?

Old 08-05-2016, 12:09 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Johnson probably isn't much of a debater. I've never seen him debate, but I have seen him interviewed and I can see where in a debate he may not do as well as some others.

But, so what? If he can convey his ideas and his ideas are believable and worthwhile, then I want to hear them.

People may react very well to Johnson. They may find his honesty and his presentation and his track record refreshing, especially when he is put on the stage with two people who are little more than neurotic clowns.

Lose the debate; win the people over. It could happen.
All he has to do at this point to get my vote is not sound insane. It is an incredibly low bar.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:09 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
in my view Johnson is a RINO/wannabe libertairan and if in the debate, would just be another clinton type establishment politician spouting nonsense and lie after lie after lie. We've heard it all before sheepies. They're not working for you. Though establishment politicians in debates I suppose could be equated to watching a fiction fantasy movie so for some perhaps the fantasy aspect is comforting.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I couldn't agree more, the Dems and Repub have given us the best of the worse. I like what Gov. Weld said, "The dragon that I'm jousting against this year is this frozen monopoly of the two parties that have frozen a lot of people's thinking in place," "And they think, 'I have to be a right-winger,' or, 'I have to be a left-winger.' They're not thinking, 'What do I think?'" In other words people, start thinking for yourselves, use that 3 pounds of gray matter that you have stuffed between your ears.
Just because I'm not voting for Gary Johnson or Jill Stein - doesn't mean I'm not using that '3 pounds of gray matter'.

Both fringe candidates, IMO, with fringe ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections